Mom4Ron
07-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Ok I'll ask the obvious question.

What on earth is a bundler?

Joe Knows
07-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Ok I'll ask the obvious question.

What on earth is a bundler?

Those outside a campaign who receive and deliver contributions on behalf of the campaign are considered bundlers. A good example would be the Club For Growth. If they support a candidate, they will send out requests to all their members to write a check for such and such a candidate. They request that the check be sent to Club For Growth. That way Club For Growth becomes much more important to a campaign when they give the candidate 1000 checks at a time from individual contributors.

If you solicited contributions from other Moms in your neighborhood and then sent the individual checks to Ron Paul, you would be a bundler.

Dustancostine
07-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Looks like we need some bundlers.

Maybe the LP and the Const. Party :)

ThePieSwindler
07-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Didn't Gravel call Obama out on this in the debate? I don't see whats so bad about private groups and individuals coordinating to give money to a candidate, its not like the candidate is pandering to them or favoring them over the individual voter,they just happen to have a platform that a group likes, and then that group asks individuals to contribute.

Dustancostine
07-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Didn't Gravel call Obama out on this in the debate? I don't see whats so bad about private groups and individuals coordinating to give money to a candidate, its not like the candidate is pandering to them or favoring them over the individual voter,they just happen to have a platform that a group likes, and then that group asks individuals to contribute.

Actually Gravel called out Hilary and Obama being bought out by Wall Street. He basically said that these people don't represent the common man, look where their money comes from: Wall Street Bankers.

mtmedlin
07-27-2007, 02:36 PM
If the thing in Texas with the people from #41's campaign do what it is that they do, wouldnt that be a bundler?