PDA

View Full Version : Simple Boycott for REAL ID

RSLudlum
01-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Given the threat of the Real ID....

Contact your representatives if it comes down to it we will not use Gov't services anymore but instead seek private companies such as UPS, FedEx etc.....

I haven't read the bill but have read some articles and listened to some radio about it saying that it would require the ID to use certain services like Post Offices, and other gov't buildings.

Do you think this is feasible?

icon124
01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
but wait don't you want to have a computer chip tracking you around everywhere you go...don't you want to be a sheep for their plan

*sarcasm*

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I contacted my reps today regarding Real Id,,, I suggest in the future we implement a mass boycott if necessary

PaultheSaint
01-17-2008, 10:59 PM
The States really need to start flexing their muscle a little more and try to beat this overally bloated corrupt federal government back in to their place.

Arn't we the United STATES of America? Not the united federal state of america.

slamhead
01-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Also you will not be able to fly from state to state without one. Cripple the airline industry or any airline that requires the ID.

Agent CSL
01-17-2008, 11:55 PM
What we REALLY need to be doing is organize a place we can all meet when they shut the internet off.

justinc.1089
01-18-2008, 12:16 AM
What we REALLY need to be doing is organize a place we can all meet when they shut the internet off.

Yeah I agree because if things keep going the way they are you know its coming, and we will need to be able to communicate, and the best way would to be in the same place.

I would refuse the national id also btw.

scar
01-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Yeah I agree because if things keep going the way they are you know its coming, and we will need to be able to communicate, and the best way would to be in the same place.

I don't know about them shutting the internet off, could happen but I can't see it happening. If they do shut the internet off, it would cause an upgrade in communication.

printing press - internet - ??

Agent CSL
01-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Realistic possibilities:

#1 they can tax the internet. Emails, websites, net neutrality.
#2 DoD can block via the ISP any websites they find "unsuitable"
#3 DoD can forcefully interrupt service if needed in a national emergency

Shink
01-18-2008, 12:56 AM
We REALLY have to contigency plan for this right NOW.

jlaker
01-18-2008, 01:07 AM
I seen a guy on Glenn Beck saying the government needs to regulate the inernet. He said we need to give up some privacy to be safe (SOUND FAMILURE) because if not we will have "a pearl harbor attack on the internet". Glenn Beck said "so if I e-mail my aunt the government could read it" and his reply was if they felt they needed to. He said Bush was planning on starting this in Febuary.

Carole
01-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Yup, they have to muzzle free speech any way they can. We will soon all be labeled enemy combatants. It is all madness, insanity--surely as bad as Hitler.

Paulbot_9876
01-18-2008, 01:55 AM
as i said before......fry it......it will be more of a headache to them if they cant read it.....it will take time to check everything out....screw their system up and waiste their time and delay everything.... put in a microwave or in a glass of water and drop a extension cord in the glass if you dont got gfci.....

Austin
01-18-2008, 02:02 AM
Microwave is your friend.

The only thing is, once they discover it is broken, they will make you get a new one.

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 02:07 AM
I don't want to sound too uhmmm... radical, but, the day they shut down the internet is the day I know they are up to things which would require a violent response.

Paulbot_9876
01-18-2008, 02:08 AM
http://www.hitachi.com/New/cnews/030902.html

Shink
01-18-2008, 02:11 AM

I've heard about RFID getting down to nanomachine size and possibly injectible (able to be hidden). Those look like they'd fit the bill. Now you're hearing about so-called 'mandatory' injections. I'm never going to a doctor around here again....ESPECIALLY not the VA.

jointhefightforfreedom
01-18-2008, 04:56 AM
The States really need to start flexing their muscle a little more and try to beat this overally bloated corrupt federal government back in to their place.

Arn't we the United STATES of America? Not the united federal state of america.

AGREE !!!!! I will NEVER!!!! get a national ID!
Action needs to be done on this ASAP
States can enforce this as early as may 2008!!!

Austin
01-18-2008, 05:00 AM

The crazy thing is, that was 4 years ago, by a corporation. Imagine what the government has come up with?

Probably something of the same size, or smaller, than can be read from hundreds of meters, or more, away.

Truly frightening.

jointhefightforfreedom
01-18-2008, 05:21 AM
I don't want to sound too uhmmm... radical, but, the day they shut down the internet is the day I know they are up to things which would require a violent response.

WHY WAIT?
Why wait until we truely are broke?
why wait until we have to stand in the food coupon lines?
why wait until all our private property is stolen?
Why wait until our rights to confront our accuser are no existent?
i ask again!

WHY WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mini-Me
01-18-2008, 07:47 AM
We REALLY have to contigency plan for this right NOW.

Soooo, <tinfoil hat time>!

Here's the problem - the Internet is really all any of us have in the way of networking with people who already share our views. Even if it wasn't, it hardly matters what technological network we'd use to communicate under a completely fascist state (Internet, cell phones, etc.), since they're all susceptible to corporate control, hence control by the establishment. We'd literally have to build our own separate Internet (TUUUUUBES! ;)) if dissenting views were censored from this one. Unless someone here is independently wealthy enough to fund such infrastructure and keep it hidden, that's not an option...and even if we could do that, it would only be useful if there were a large number of people keeping in contact. With that many people, nobody would be able to trust each other anyway (i.e. at least one person would be a spy who could rat the whole network out and get it shut down). Similarly, if we try to build a network of cell phone numbers in the case of Internet censorship, the establishment would quickly learn which phones to deny service to.

Clearly, if the government were ever to censor free speech on the Internet and prevent us from communicating, we'd have no recourse for talking with each other for:

Plans
Sanity :p
Even just making sure nobody's "disappeared"

In other words, if such a worst case scenario were to happen, everyone here would be pretty much isolated from each other - except for people who have made real-life friends in meetup groups, that is. In such a situation, our only recourse would be to spread awareness to everyone we know and wake them up to their situation. Anyone fully awakened to the threat of tyranny will do the same, and hence, our survival would depend on many disconnected grass roots efforts, each in the name of liberty. The upside is, the more overt fascism becomes, the easier it will be convince people to see it for what it is. People like us will not prevail by desperately seeking each other out and finding a bunker to camp out in. We will prevail by keeping the message of liberty alive. In the long run, no government can persist without the consent of its people, which is exactly why rampant governments engage in propaganda to brainwash people into loving them. Our job is to counteract this propaganda and proclaim liberty.

The good news is, there are a ton of Ron Paul supporters, and it would be nigh impossible for any government to make all of us "disappear" to prevent our ideas from spreading. The bad news is, if anyone were to disappear, it would be the ones on this board - especially you guys, JimInNY and jointhefightforfreedom ;)

Speaking of which...JimInNY is correct as well, but...if it comes to that (which I sincerely hope it doesn't), we will only get one solid chance at it before all guns in America are confiscated. After that (and perhaps even beforehand), it simply can't succeed without mass awareness and approval. In other words, most people would have to already recognize the government as tyrannical. If we can accomplish our mission of making people aware, a revolution will happen by itself starting with the first riot (and we all know that riots do happen). It's important to understand that the Achille's Heel of tyrannical government is that people inevitably become poor and desperate under its despotism. As you may have noticed, riots only really occur in poor communities - the middle class and upper class have too much to lose, and they usually don't perceive a problem in the first place. Under a fascist regime, more and more wealth will travel upwards, greatly increasing the number of poor and desperate people. In other words, I don't think we have to worry about eternal tyranny under any circumstance...it's always just a matter of time. Tyrants will always fear their people, and for good reason...

That said, in our current situation, the Second Amendment is paramount; if the government starts confiscating the guns at any time or for any reason, all bets are off (and I imagine riots would quickly and spontaneously ensue anyway). The most important place for riots to occur would be Washington, D.C...and "coincidentally," Washington, D.C. is the only place I know of in America that has ever had an outright handgun ban.

It's extremely important to realize, though...if violent revolution ever were to break out, the end result would probably not be very pretty. Seriously, we'd have anarchy - and I'm not talking about the idealistic kind of anarchy where everyone is educated about the way anarchy is supposed to work and a natural order arises. :rolleyes: I'm talking about absolute chaos, mob violence, etc. Things would eventually calm down of course, but...given the general intelligence level of the American people, you can bet your ass that the government rising up to fill the void wouldn't resemble a Constitutional republic. Unless I'm quite mistaken, it wouldn't be the Ron Paul Republicans drafting up a Constitution. Should a Constitution even exist, it would be drafted by the average American who, despite seeing the dangers of excess government firsthand, would probably still want another welfare state. Then again, maybe I'm underestimating people :) The best case scenario would be a Constitution that looks almost exactly like ours today except with an additional clause saying something about how it's treason to vote for, enforce, or interpret and fail to cast down an unconstitutional law. ;)

</tinfoil hat time>!

Hopefully, we'll be able to elect Ron Paul or otherwise beat the system by playing within its rules. If not, there's always still hope. I guess what I'm trying to say is: No matter how bad things get, always remember that no control scheme is failsafe or absolute. Don't despair. The future may sound like a boot stomping on a human face - but not forever.

P.S. I will never get a Real ID, either. I'm with you guys here: I refuse.

losinglife
01-18-2008, 07:53 AM
yeah i am not getting one either, and suprisingly i have friends who are going to avoid it as well wich was unexpected to hear.

So far its just in the drivers liscense..... guess i will be letting mine flop.

From what i understand PA is 1 person away from passing a law to prevent the RealID from happening.. not 100% sure on this tho

Eponym_mi
01-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Also you will not be able to fly from state to state without one.

For the most part, I stopped flying after 9/11 when all the gestapo crap started. Prior to that, I had flown over 400K miles. The only exception I made was to fly to my father's funeral, and I found the entire experience completely abhorent.:mad:

Paulbot_9876
01-18-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtybFwLs4Hg

Cigaboo
01-18-2008, 06:27 PM
I absolutely agree that we need to start thinking ahead about how to counter the government's actions while we still can. I also agree that the gov. could potentially take over the internet, so we need to start thinking about alternative ways to network without it.

Cleaner44
01-18-2008, 06:31 PM
I have been wondering if putting a Real ID in the microwave would destroy its transmitting capabilites.

JeNNiF00F00
02-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Possibly, but when you nuke the card I am thinking they may have some sort of protection that would turn black or discolor and destroy the card if it got too hot.

roguepatriot
02-09-2008, 11:29 PM
We don't need to draft a Constitution. We just need to follow the one we already have,

Crickett
02-10-2008, 12:05 AM

Maybe we should try to all become ham radio operators..It isn't too hard, but you have to pass a test.

Crickett
02-10-2008, 12:10 AM
They are so stupid. Like
a: "Terrorists can't make a fake ID (or get an American to make them one for a price).
b. They can't kill someone who looks a bit like them snatch their id and board a plane.
c. They can stick the national id up their ass.

2orb
02-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Maybe we should try to all become ham radio operators..It isn't too hard, but you have to pass a test.

Might work for a little while but you'd constantly have to move the site from which you are transmitting. If they really wanted to eliminate all opportunity for communication, they would be able to find the transmitters.

The best thing as a last case senario imo is to work on setting up small groups to meet face to face with each member being required to belong to at least one other group for transfer of info.

tommyzDad
02-10-2008, 07:15 AM

SkyNet! Shut it down!!! ;)

MalcolmGandi
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
What we need to do is take over our local governments.

bj72
02-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Might work for a little while but you'd constantly have to move the site from which you are transmitting. If they really wanted to eliminate all opportunity for communication, they would be able to find the transmitters.

The best thing as a last case senario imo is to work on setting up small groups to meet face to face with each member being required to belong to at least one other group for transfer of info.

Ya know, HAM radio wouldn't be a bad fall back position. Yes, if it got really bad, it wouldn't last long, but still better than nothing.

Perhaps the engineer/programmer types could come up with a fall back internet idea too.

With that, local meetups are necessary. Then if TSHTF, you have people you can try to reach. Even if just a natural disaster and people go nuts (like a riot), would you rather rely on like minded individuals, or stand in a stadium with a ton of others?

In local meetups, I'd try to exchange #s or some contact info other than the internet maybe. Meetups could try to contact other meetups if the internet was down.

Also, it is important that RP people do run for local positions. That helps. Then in a time of crisis you have maybe someone in charge of a small town that will stand up to whatever is going on, and have the town's attention and trust.

BTW, stick with the original constitution please. It is just fine, just not enforced. It would help if the original 13th amendment that restricted bankers and lawyers into positions of Federal government was still there...so that one would be good to add in again at the end maybe ;)

Ya know, for years my husband carried around a copy of the Constitution and a small piece of paper with the way to do a citizen's arrest in his flight suit and vehicle. More I think about it...having a small copy isn't a bad idea.

freelance
02-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Realistic possibilities:

#1 they can tax the internet. Emails, websites, net neutrality.
#2 DoD can block via the ISP any websites they find "unsuitable"
#3 DoD can forcefully interrupt service if needed in a national emergency

And don't forget the possibility of inserting your Real ID in order to get onto the Internet!

Dieseler
02-12-2008, 04:55 PM
They could link it to your bank account too and make it the only way to buy Spam.