PDA

View Full Version : Personalize a letter and give when canvassing

bjrnet
01-17-2008, 08:29 PM
I put together a packet of 2 Ron Paul slim jims AND a personal letter when I recently canvassed this week. A screenshot is below and the actual text is below it in case anyone wants to cut and paste and make it their own.

http://www.bjrnet.com/images/politics/DearNeighbor.jpg

Dear Neighbor:
The next United States presidential election is approaching rapidly, and I’m writing to let you know that I am strongly supporting the candidacy of 10-term Congressman Ron Paul (Republican from Texas). Ron Paul is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital.
I support Congressman Ron Paul for President because he gives me hope for America's future. He promotes maximum individual freedom and limited federal government - exactly what the founders envisioned in our constitution.
Ron Paul is a Christian. He's an Air Force veteran. He's a pro-life doctor who has himself delivered over 4,000 babies. In 10 terms as a U.S. Congressman, he's never voted for a tax increase or an unbalanced budget. He'll secure our borders and end the government giveaways that encourage people to come here illegally in the first place.
Our national debt is now over $9 trillion and as our government keeps borrowing and printing more money, the value of our dollars keeps going down, making everything more expensive. Dr. Paul will save us trillions of dollars by bringing our troops home to keep America safe. We won the war. He's the only one who's committed to keeping our priceless troops out of nation-building and policing actions that we can no longer even afford. Everyone likes to say "I support the troops". But who do the troops support? According to the government, the most donations from members of the armed forces are going to Ron Paul - and by a huge margin.
We have a unique opportunity here to tell the rest of America that Ron Paul's message of simply following the constitution and limiting federal government is something they should give a listen to. Please join me in voting for Ron Paul - Republican candidate for president of the United States in 2008.
The Florida Primary Election is on January 29 and “Early Voting” is happening right now! For real change and a new hope for America vote RON PAUL on the Republican ballot. For more information about Ron Paul visit http://www.ronpaul2008.com or call 1-800-RON-PAUL.
Thank you for your time,

Agent CSL
01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah I write out letters because my printer is broken, lol.

bjrnet
01-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Well, it's not actually "very personal" but I think some folks will appreciate the "timely" information on it :-)