PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Economic Stimulus Plan to Fix the Recession

michaelwise
01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Bring the troops home from Korea, Japan, and Germany today and close the bases there. Save $100 Billion with this action alone. Cap the current income tax rate at 10% retroactive back to January 1st 2007. People could file a special schedule and get a bigger refund.

I know, this is really my plan, but it could work to ease the recession.

lx43
01-17-2008, 07:43 PM
I wish he woudl issue a press release about this.

spivey378
01-17-2008, 07:44 PM
commercials as well

freedom-maniac
01-17-2008, 07:46 PM
It would be very helpful if he stated over and over again how expensive the bases are, and how the split up military familes, so it will sink in for the Sheeple.

NoxTwilight
01-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Don't we have a bunch of missiles and stuff in Germany? Nukes in Britain? It would take years to dismantle some of those bases and some would have to stay such as the huge military hospitals in Germany. Not that I really know much about all of this and I certainly agree we do not need to be in Japan but I know it can't be as easy as some make it sound. I know Ron knows this but making it too simplistic makes him sound unrealistic and that's not good either.

billjarrett
01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
$100 billion is a drop in the bucket. David Walker says you could get rid of the enitre Pentagon budget and it won't be noticable. He needs to talk social security, medicare, and drugs for seniors. Thats where the moneys at.

lx43
01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
He has the biggest stimulus package of all. No income tax.

RPSignbomb
01-17-2008, 07:56 PM
$100 billion is a drop in the bucket. David Walker says you could get rid of the enitre Pentagon budget and it won't be noticable. He needs to talk social security, medicare, and drugs for seniors. Thats where the moneys at.

David Walker is full of shit then. The "Pentagon" gets over 1/3 of our budget dollars. ..even more with the war.

I do however agree the entitlement programs are where the conversation needs to be.

billjarrett
01-17-2008, 08:01 PM
David Walker is full of shit then. The "Pentagon" gets over 1/3 of our budget dollars. ..even more with the war.

I do however agree the entitlement programs are where the conversation needs to be.

David Walker is not full of shit. He's the head of the GAO, our countrys comptroller general http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_M._Walker_%28U.S._Comptroller_General%29 . The reason you see the numbers you do is because of the way the government does it's accounting. SS and Medicare are kept in a seperate book.

Please watch:

Americas Financial Future Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgrxpp97OQ
Americas Financial Future Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXr_Ga_n0pY
Glenn Beck Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-16u9x3tfE
60 Minutes Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxoP_9W6FC8

All four are the situation coming straight from him.

billyjoeallen
01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
“I believe we’re in a recession. I think it’s going to get a lot worse,” -Ron Paul

Whys isn't anyone talking about the stock market tanking and how Dr. Paul was to only candidate to predict this??

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/jan2008/db20080117_873508.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index _businessweek+exclusives

RPSignbomb
01-17-2008, 08:06 PM
David Walker is not full of shit. He's the head of the GAO, he is our countrys number cruncher. The reason you see the numbers you do is because of the way the government does it's accounting. SS and Medicare are kept in a seperate book.

Go read the budget... it's very clear:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2007/budget.html

Def. $512 billion dollars in 2006 ... we spent more in 2007 :) Why not educate yourself with facts and not you tube fiction????????

Why do you think Dr. Paul wants to close all out damn bases overseas?

billjarrett
01-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Why don't you watch the videos before you start accusing of youtube fiction?

The first two are videos put out from the general comptrollers office talking only about this problem.

If you know more than him about our budget, why don't you try to get appointed next time?

RPSignbomb
01-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Why don't you watch the videos before you start accusing of youtube fiction?

The first two are videos put out from the general comptrollers office talking only about this problem.

If you know more than him about our budget, why don't you try to get appointed next time?

You said "the pentagon budget is nothing" It's around 1/3 of our national budget. Do you disagree with the facts?

billjarrett
01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Ok, since you refuse to watch the videos.

The Bush administration pushed through the largest spending bill in our nations history providing drug benefits for seniors. With the start of the baby boomers retiring this year and their increased life expectency this makes it even more expensive. We do not have the money to pay for this bill, and have to borrow money to provide this benefit, so we have to pay interest. If this trend continues as is expected, the amount we will have to pay for Social Security, Medicare, and interest will be over 90% of our GDP (not tax revenue) by 2040.

So, how does this make the pentagon budget look?

RPSignbomb
01-17-2008, 08:19 PM
This thread is not about long term health of the economy, on that point I think we both agree. Stimulus is about the short term.

billjarrett
01-17-2008, 08:20 PM
This thread is not about long term health of the economy, on that point I think we both agree. Stimulus is about the short term.

Ok. Agreed. But its the long term stuff that scares me, and should scare most of us :eek:

And when you find the time, I highly recommend the first two of those videos. They are scarier than any Hollywood flick I've ever seen.

Edit: One more note, the Pentagon budget remark was not my sentiment, it was that of David Walkers. I forget if it was in the 60 minutes or Glenn Beck interview, but its in there somewhere. But I recommend the videos put out by his office more, no media spin there and he gets to state his points like he wants to.

wfd40
01-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Bring the troops home from Korea, Japan, and Germany today and close the bases there. Save $100 Billion with this action alone. Cap the current income tax rate at 10% retroactive back to January 1st 2007. People could file a special schedule and get a bigger refund.

I know, this is really my plan, but it could work to ease the recession.

Great post michael... Can HQ really be so inept as to not capitalized on Dr. Paul's greatest strength IMO.. THE ECONOMY??

I would also add something to the effect of "The other Republican candidates want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to continue the war and yet someone 'save us' from a recession. Unfortunately America, we must choose... and I believe that my candidacy provides such a choice."

Lord Xar
01-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Get this to the campaign so someone can issue a press release.. I mean c'mon.