PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Campaign Manager Jesse Benton Speaks Out

Tangoland
01-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Jesse Benton, Matt Pyeatt (Ron Paul's Grandson) and Dr. Ryan Osborne spoke out on what's happening inside the campaign last night on Ron Paul Revolution Radio's "Generation Liberty" which is also hosted by Matt Pyeatt and Dr. Ryan Osborne. www.rprradio.com

Listen to the audio interview link at the bottom of this article:

http://www.rprradio.com/Benton_Speaks_Out.html

Go Ron Paul!

Lord Xar
01-17-2008, 07:42 PM
can we get a summary of what is said? The preface sounds good, and that there "is" a plan so I hope this is good.

DealzOnWheelz
01-17-2008, 07:42 PM
BUMP BUMP BUMP

JANUARY 21st MLK DAY DONATE BIG REAL BIG REAL BIG

I'M MAXING OUT OFFICIALLY

ANYONE WANNA MATCH?

Tangoland
01-17-2008, 07:44 PM
You can listen to the mp3 of this interview at the link below the article.

Agora
01-17-2008, 07:45 PM
http://www.rprradio.com/32KRPR_Benton_Speaks.mp3

UnitedWeStand
01-17-2008, 07:46 PM
here's the summary given at the website--

"Jesse Benton, Matt Pyeatt (Ron Paul's Grandson) and Dr. Ryan Osborne spoke out on what's happening inside the campaign last night on Ron Paul Revolution Radio's "Generation Liberty" which is also hosted by Matt Pyeatt and Dr. Ryan Osborne. They addressed the concerns of supporters about how the campaign is spending money and assured listeners that there is a well thought out and deliberate strategy to win the nomination. "Be patient, Ron Paul's has been in this a long time, he knows what he's doing. He's certainly the tortoise who is going to win the race, so please be patient, he's smart!" "And keep in mind we are only 3 or 4 states into it and we have a tremendous amount of time left and we still have this money." Jesse indicated the campaign is working toward a big win on February 5th and they're hoping people don't forget the upcoming money bomb on the 21st of January. He said Ron Paul needs the money to accomplish their goals and they also don't want the old media to spin the lower numbers as an indication decline in his campaign"

UKMan
01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
BUMP BUMP BUMP

ANYONE WANNA MATCH?

Video it. Then take your story to the press.

Ex Post Facto
01-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Uhm he said they "have a billionaire on [thier] side." On the radio announcement @ 2 min 30 sec.

r3volution1776
01-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I wasnt sure if i heard that right, but they did say they had a billionaire on their side!

dblee
01-17-2008, 07:57 PM
i dont think so. i think they were just talking about the RUMOR and saying to proceed as usual.

Basilieus
01-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Probably a pun

Ex Post Facto
01-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Ron Pauls grandson is the one who said it. "We've got a billionaire on our side, so we can't be beat."

dawnbt
01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Uhm he said they "have a billionaire on [thier] side." On the radio announcement @ 2 min 30 sec.

He did!

mavtek
01-17-2008, 08:03 PM
When they say Billionaire they are talking about all of us.

Sey.Naci
01-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Uhm he said they "have a billionaire on [thier] side." On the radio announcement @ 2 min 30 sec.It was one of the DJ's who said that, not Jesse Benton. The DJ was repeating the misinfo he'd read in these forums. No reason to suppose he's got any proof, at least he didn't mention any.

Note, too, that this is a rebroadcast of a program that aired yesterday, the 16th.

UtahApocalypse
01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
It was one of the DJ's who said that, not Jesse Benton. The DJ was repeating the misinfo he'd read in these forums. No reason to suppose he's got any proof, at least he didn't mention any.

Note, too, that this is a rebroadcast of a program that aired yesterday, the 16th.

The DJ is Ron Paul's grandson. I also think that he, and Jesse would no the real deal. So maybe it is true??

Phunbaba
01-17-2008, 08:09 PM
He certainly did say it as-a-matter-of-factly, as if there was no doubt in his mind. Keep up the grassroots movement! If this ends up being true, it only complements our efforts, not supercedes them!

LizC
01-17-2008, 08:11 PM
i dont think so. i think they were just talking about the RUMOR and saying to proceed as usual.

Well...they didn't mention it was just a rumor. I feel we should proceed regardless but they didn't come across in the interview like it was a big joke. I heard no chuckle afterwards. They kinda said it in a matter of fact way. We will see.....

Tangoland
01-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Earlier in that show they were talking about the supposed billionare in terms of not knowing the real deal-that it could be an attempt to derail the campaign, if I recall correctly.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Kind of a terrible explanation of where the money is going - salaries and private jets?

deedles
01-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Kind of a terrible explanation of where the money is going - salaries and private jets?

I was also hoping to hear about a little more than that... of course if they've done big ad purchasing maybe they don't want to let the cat out of the bag.

HAVE they done big ad purchasing? Has anyone seen the FEC report?

Tangoland
01-17-2008, 09:01 PM
https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

Iwantchange
01-17-2008, 09:32 PM
finally a little communication!

Onyx
01-17-2008, 09:41 PM
The MP3 is http://www.rprradio.com/32KRPR_Benton_Speaks.mp3

dawnbt
01-17-2008, 10:15 PM

I AM was Precinct Captain, my primary is over, and I don't need you telling me what to do. Bug off!

garyallen59
01-17-2008, 10:37 PM
I AM was Precinct Captain, my primary is over, and I don't need you telling me what to do. Bug off!

wow.

kotetu
01-17-2008, 10:38 PM
BUMP BUMP BUMP

ANYONE WANNA MATCH?

Looking forward to another club member! :D Everyone try to max out! :D

AlexMerced
01-17-2008, 10:43 PM
they were definetley joking about the millionaire, they chit chated about it during the original broadcast

dawnbt
01-17-2008, 10:45 PM

New member of my "Ignore" list!

DjLoTi
01-17-2008, 10:51 PM
I can't believe they started the rumor about the billionaire. How unprofessional. AND he was on Alex Jones earlier that day, the day after Michigan voted and everyone was wondering what was going on with the campaign?

Pete Kay
01-17-2008, 10:54 PM
It's funny to me how much Matt sounds like just like his grandfather. The cadence of his spkeaking and the accents on his words is just like Ron Paul. He even has some of Ron Paul's bad habits of cutting short the last word of his sentence.

John P Slevin
01-17-2008, 10:55 PM

Any billionaire only can contribute 2,300.00 to Ron Paul's campaign, same as anyone. Any amount spent over that can have no co-ordination with the campaign.

So, as far as the campaign's planning goes, it really wouldn't matter because any billionaire planning to spend a huge sum could not plan with the campaign...

And this whole billionaire stuff started with an absurd anonymous post

jlaker
01-17-2008, 10:58 PM

I heard it to!:D

DjLoTi
01-17-2008, 10:58 PM
And this whole billionaire stuff started with an absurd anonymous post

Ok, so maybe they didn't start the rumor, but for them to fuel it is bad enough. What do these guys read, the tabloids?

But you know what really burns me? Jesse Benton called in to Alex Jones 15 minutes after his show started, but when Ron Paul was supposed to address voters in Michigan on voting night, Jesse Benton ended up calling in almost 23 minutes late.

Duckman
01-17-2008, 11:12 PM
But you know what really burns me? Jesse Benton called in to Alex Jones 15 minutes after his show started, but when Ron Paul was supposed to address voters in Michigan on voting night, Jesse Benton ended up calling in almost 23 minutes late.

I hope that's just a coincidence...:confused:

Rhys
01-17-2008, 11:17 PM
you guys get so excited.

it's alex jones. it's not like he's chasing votes when he calls there

steph3n
01-17-2008, 11:41 PM
you guys get so excited.

it's alex jones. it's not like he's chasing votes when he calls there

this is really ticking me off however, they make time to go onto AJ but decline an open ended invite prior to a huge SC and NV primary/caucus on a huge regional broadcast/XM broadcast :(

cyrax
01-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Decent interview, wish they did more.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-18-2008, 12:07 AM
He did NOT say there was a billionaire on his side... DONATE....

Marc3579
01-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Wow I've yet to hear anyone say they aren't donating due to a billionaire on Ron Paul's side. I think everyone knows of MLK. So what's the point of beating on the dead horse? I'm starting to begin to think everyone thinks if we yell "Donate! Donate" In every thread that'll some how get people to say "Oh, I forgot about that money bomb! I'd better donate!"

Highstreet
01-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Bump

RCRanger03
01-18-2008, 01:41 AM
oh i forgot about the moneybomb i think i'll donate :)

Brother Butch
01-18-2008, 01:53 AM
oh i forgot about the moneybomb i think i'll donate :)

Thanks, now we have to donate twice. :D Oh, the burdens we must bear.

Taco John
01-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Ok... He clearly said Billionaire on our side.

That's intriguing, but it doesn't matter if the campaign cant pay the bills.

If there truly *is* a billionaire on our side, it won't be officially confirmed until Tuesday at the earliest. They're going to want to see us demonstrate a show of strength.

smartguy911
01-18-2008, 01:59 AM
he said "we got a billionaire on our side". wtf????

MisterMuse
01-18-2008, 03:25 AM
Here's the video version of the same interview. Enjoy!
http://www.rprradio.com/Benton_Speaks_Out.html#video

Ninja Homer
01-18-2008, 03:46 AM

The third thing he mentioned is media. I'm sure this is where the majority of the money has gone and is going. They have probably already purchased a lot of air time in Super Tuesday states. Jesse Benton also said that they plan on going all out for Super Tuesday.

kirkblitz
01-18-2008, 03:48 AM
why is jesse giving interviews and not rp? :(

LibertyRevolution
01-18-2008, 06:42 AM
No more money from me until I see some positive results. Saleries.. private jets...im about ready to totaly give up on the HQ. They already got $250+ out of me, and for what, to lose to the ghoul in NH?! The campaign advertised 12milion to WIN IA, NH, SC. when we win, ill donate more.

jrich4rpaul
01-18-2008, 06:44 AM
when we win, ill donate more.

Not the best mentality...

I understaind the frustration, because I thought that way once. But we need the money for ads to win. At least for name recognition.

Marc3579
01-18-2008, 06:46 AM
I understand the frustration... Honestly, I do. Why harping that mantra over and over will help anything? I'm a little confused here. Because, I thought I signed on for a "movement" not just the presidency...

Ninja Homer
01-18-2008, 07:27 AM
No more money from me until I see some positive results. Saleries.. private jets...im about ready to totaly give up on the HQ. They already got $250+ out of me, and for what, to lose to the ghoul in NH?! The campaign advertised 12milion to WIN IA, NH, SC. when we win, ill donate more.

It's a free country, do what you want. But how long will it be a free country where you can do what you want?

What happens to your money if Ron Paul doesn't win? More importantly, what happens to your money if Ron Paul DOES win?

Tangoland
01-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Video version of the Jesse Benton interview

http://www.rprradio.com/Benton_Speaks_Out.html#video

Berri
01-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Not the best mentality...

I understaind the frustration, because I thought that way once. But we need the money for ads to win. At least for name recognition.

Honestly, the campaign really did advertise on thier site to dontae 12 mil in third Qtr to win IA, NH, SC. They have won pos 5 everytime so far, I DON'T THINK THAT IS WINNING DO YOU? Whether it is vote fraud or Pathetic campaign staff, either way they have not addressed the problems for us to win!

libertarian4321
01-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Honestly, the campaign really did advertise on thier site to dontae 12 mil in third Qtr to win IA, NH, SC. They have won pos 5 everytime so far, I DON'T THINK THAT IS WINNING DO YOU? Whether it is vote fraud or Pathetic campaign staff, either way they have not addressed the problems for us to win!

Okay, kids, its reality check time.

Ron Paul has a HUGE hill to climb. Six months ago, he was an unknown congressman from Texas with essentially no money, no staff, and no chance, running against candidates with huge name recognition, huge staffs, and far more money.

Any of you who thought that Ron Paul was going to "win" just because he raised good money in one quarter is delusional- and to assume that the campaign staff is "doing something wrong" just because Ron hasn't locked the nomination up is INSANE!

Facts, folks- other candidates STILL have more name recognition than Ron, other candidates have spent and RAISED far more money than Ron Paul has, other candidates have had far more free help from the MSM.

Ron has gone from a total NON-FACTOR to 4th place (he's easily ahead of Thompson, Giuliani, and Hunter after the first 4 primaries/caucuses). He has made great progress against unbelievable odds.

However, he won't win if you sit around whining and feeling sorry for yourselves.

If you want him to win, keep up the donations, keep working with your meetup groups, canvas, wave signs, talk to your friends and neighbors.

If you want President Hillary, keep bitching about Ron's campaign staff, and thats exactly what you'll get!

steph3n
01-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Okay, kids, its reality check time.

Ron Paul has a HUGE hill to climb. Six months ago, he was an unknown congressman from Texas with essentially no money, no staff, and no chance, running against candidates with huge name recognition, huge staffs, and far more money.

Any of you who thought that Ron Paul was going to "win" just because he raised good money in one quarter is delusional- and to assume that the campaign staff is "doing something wrong" just because Ron hasn't locked the nomination up is INSANE!

Facts, folks- other candidates STILL have more name recognition than Ron, other candidates have spent and RAISED far more money than Ron Paul has, other candidates have had far more free help from the MSM.

Ron has gone from a total NON-FACTOR to 4th place (he's easily ahead of Thompson, Giuliani, and Hunter after the first 4 primaries/caucuses). He has made great progress against unbelievable odds.

However, he won't win if you sit around whining and feeling sorry for yourselves.

If you want him to win, keep up the donations, keep working with your meetup groups, canvas, wave signs, talk to your friends and neighbors.

If you want President Hillary, keep bitching about Ron's campaign staff, and thats exactly what you'll get!

you are right but at the same time HQ is turning down FREE open ended media spots!

libertarian4321
01-18-2008, 12:21 PM

If we'd had "liberty revolutionaries" like you in 1776, we'd still be singing "God Save the Queen"...

libertarian4321
01-18-2008, 12:23 PM
you are right but at the same time HQ is turning down FREE open ended media spots!

The campaign staff is far from perfect (heck, we are far from perfect, too :).

However, we won't win if we take our ball and go home. You have to keep fighting, because if you don't, the bad guys win by default.

WilliamC
01-18-2008, 12:28 PM

People gotta eat. Ron's gotta get places. I just hope the salaries are cheap, and the jet is safe.

Mark Rushmore
01-18-2008, 12:28 PM
However, we won't win if we take our ball and go home. You have to keep fighting, because if you don't, the bad guys win by default.

I took his posts to mean he is going to continue to keep fighting, but not donate any more to the official campaign until the official campaign starts fighting as well. Could be wrong in my interpretation I guess.

WilliamC
01-18-2008, 12:29 PM
why is jesse giving interviews and not rp? :(

For a grassroots internet webcast? Ron Paul's got better things to do.

constituent
01-18-2008, 12:36 PM
billionaire or not, we're going to win...

this has become one hell of a distraction...

rather unfortunate,

-just sayin'

cyrax
01-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Couldn't have said it better than lib4321.

LibertyRevolution
01-21-2008, 10:43 AM
If we'd had "liberty revolutionaries" like you in 1776, we'd still be singing "God Save the Queen"...

If we had leaders in 1776 like we have in the Ron Paul HQ, then the movement would have failed! Do not blame me becuase of HQ failures.
I support the ideas of freedom and truth. Yet the HQ spends its money making ads, to pander to christain republicans, which will bassical hang ourselves in a 3rd party run. What happened to FREEDOM IS POPULAR, what happend to REINSTATE THE CONSTITUTION, what happend to RESTORE YOUR CIVIL RIGHTS. These are the "movements" ideas that got me to switch parties from the Libertarian party to the Republican party. The Iowa informercial was the last straw I could take. Ads focusing on being anti-abortion, repealing roe vs wade. HQ made all the ammo that the DEMS need to slughter us in a general. Why do you not understand that by continuing to fund the HQ, is the same as telling them that we aprove of their leadership and spending! We want congress to defund the war so that we have to bring the troops home, yet they continue to fund the war, which gives bush proof that the american people are for the war. Funding HQ, after all of its miss-management is the exact same thing. I will vote for ron paul on election day, but I quit activly trying to convert others after the Iowa ad. I told people dont worry about Iowa, there all supid christian warmongers, look to NH, will deffinatly get 3rd or better there. then we fail misserable in NH, and I lost all my crediablity, and so did Ron Paul. Now Ron Paul is a JOKE to the people I work with and when people tell me it be a waste of their vote, or their vote is better spend as a vote agasint hillary on the DEM ballot, how can I argue that they are wrong?

Todd
01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
here's the summary given at the website--

"Jesse Benton, Matt Pyeatt (Ron Paul's Grandson) and Dr. Ryan Osborne spoke out on what's happening inside the campaign last night on Ron Paul Revolution Radio's "Generation Liberty" which is also hosted by Matt Pyeatt and Dr. Ryan Osborne. They addressed the concerns of supporters about how the campaign is spending money and assured listeners that there is a well thought out and deliberate strategy to win the nomination. "Be patient, Ron Paul's has been in this a long time, he knows what he's doing. He's certainly the tortoise who is going to win the race, so please be patient, he's smart!" "And keep in mind we are only 3 or 4 states into it and we have a tremendous amount of time left and we still have this money." Jesse indicated the campaign is working toward a big win on February 5th and they're hoping people don't forget the upcoming money bomb on the 21st of January. He said Ron Paul needs the money to accomplish their goals and they also don't want the old media to spin the lower numbers as an indication decline in his campaign"

Great. So when the hell are they going to start actually doing things that win elections..like...for example, run beu coup TV and radio ads in the Super Tuesday states? :confused:

westmich4paul
01-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Jesse said that alot of the money has gone for travel(aka air-travel, paid staff, and advertising) and from the figures he gives us as of Jan 1st they had about 8 mil left. So thats 22 million spent on these three factors or at least a good chunk of it. Ok I get it all three things are not cheap. I can agree. But from a grassroots stance in Michigan here is where we sat as of Jan 14th. Ron Paul travel expenses = $o he didn't even come here. Advertising =$300,000 and I am taking that figure from what they said they needed in N.H. when they raised a seperate fund for radio ads. I am being very generous by giving that total because while he did advertise on radio we certainly were not swamped with it so it was probably more like $200,000. Paid staff well we had Kellie S.W. MI Coordinator and Leslie state coordinator. We met with them 1 time on like the 5th of Jan for about 2hrs and then Leslie came up to help find a H.Q. location in Grand Rapids that never materialized because of the rent prices. They wanted prime retail space but wanted to pay subprime rent like as in half of what the market value was for these locations. So again being very generous I will give these ladies 50,000 salaries although it was probably worth about 25,000 each. Add up the total for MI you get $400,000 dollars. Now since Wyoming wasn't really a factor that meant only 2 states went before us and cost a whopping 11 + million per state for Iowa and New Hampshire. Now take the three states and tell me which state got the most votes? the best finish? Michigan. This is not the budgeting he is talking about, surely it cannot be. I will support Ron and spread his message to everyone I know but I will not spend another dime on this campaign. At least not unless it is a grassroots donation. At least they can be more accountable.

walt
01-21-2008, 12:07 PM
why hasn't benton been replaced?

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Sorry, would like to back you, but am, unable to do so.

The histrionics bore me.

My hard-earned got burned, and I got no time for bullshit. The young'ns have failed miserably.

amonasro
01-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Jesse said that alot of the money has gone for travel(aka air-travel, paid staff, and advertising) and from the figures he gives us as of Jan 1st they had about 8 mil left. So thats 22 million spent on these three factors or at least a good chunk of it. Ok I get it all three things are not cheap. I can agree. But from a grassroots stance in Michigan here is where we sat as of Jan 14th. Ron Paul travel expenses = $o he didn't even come here. Advertising =$300,000 and I am taking that figure from what they said they needed in N.H. when they raised a seperate fund for radio ads. I am being very generous by giving that total because while he did advertise on radio we certainly were not swamped with it so it was probably more like $200,000. Paid staff well we had Kellie S.W. MI Coordinator and Leslie state coordinator. We met with them 1 time on like the 5th of Jan for about 2hrs and then Leslie came up to help find a H.Q. location in Grand Rapids that never materialized because of the rent prices. They wanted prime retail space but wanted to pay subprime rent like as in half of what the market value was for these locations. So again being very generous I will give these ladies 50,000 salaries although it was probably worth about 25,000 each. Add up the total for MI you get $400,000 dollars. Now since Wyoming wasn't really a factor that meant only 2 states went before us and cost a whopping 11 + million per state for Iowa and New Hampshire. Now take the three states and tell me which state got the most votes? the best finish? Michigan. This is not the budgeting he is talking about, surely it cannot be. I will support Ron and spread his message to everyone I know but I will not spend another dime on this campaign. At least not unless it is a grassroots donation. At least they can be more accountable.

So basically you're pulling numbers out of thin air, using them to justify the campaign's incompetence, and not donating because of it.

Best. Logic. Ever. :rolleyes:

Have fun never donating to the campaign ever, because they're not going to magically swoop down tomorrow, make all your dreams come true, and hand you an itemized list of what they spent money on. Please wait until the Q4 financial results are released.

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
So basically, unless someones pushing your ass, you're little girly boys, little drama queens, self centered wankers. Am I right?

Fux News tells me you are the future.

God fucking forbid!

Mark
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
http://www.rprradio.com/32KRPR_Benton_Speaks.mp3

Thanks for the link! Downloaded and listening now.

buck000
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Didn't listen to the broadcast, but maybe the billionaire is Jim Rogers (http://youtube.com/watch?v=airxvVmGnqc)?