PDA

View Full Version : Censorship

emeriste
01-17-2008, 06:42 PM
A couple days ago I posted a message which urged people to contact HQ and ask them to make some changes. The first time I posted it, it was deleted almost immediately. When I posted it the second time, it was moved to the most obscure sub-forum on Ron Paul Forums.

The post was not inflammatory. This is what I said:

I love Ron Paul. I love the ideas this movement is based on and I love Ron Paul supporters. But Ron Paul, this movement, and Ron Paul supporters deserve better management than this.

Horrible ads, zero agility or imagination, and squandered opportunities. How could this campaign not intensively go after the support of all the disenfranchised democrats in Michigan?

Contact HQ NOW and demand a change! He doesn't have to fire his friends, he just has to bring in some new talent. The movement deserves better than this. We have PAID for better than this.

You can contact HQ here -- http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/

BUMP THIS PLEASE!

Censorship on a forum which ostensibly exists to promote liberty is counter productive and may result in blow back. At the very least you must realize that by censoring a message extolling quick action be taken to change course, you are now morally responsible if nothing changes and we get more of the same results.

www.WeLoveFreedom.com

ruzz
01-17-2008, 06:50 PM
there is a whole section devoted to "headquarters and suggestions" is that where it was moved to? If so then that really isn't censorship it is more like the moderator puting things where they belong.

peace out

pacelli
01-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Michigan is over, how am I morally responsible for it?

JoshLowry
01-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the notice. I will send the moderator who deleted your thread a message.

coboman
01-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the notice. I will send the moderator who deleted your thread a message.
Yep. This forum is now the property of the optimists.
Anything you can say that could bring anybody down, gets moved or deleted.

Only happy faces. Only happy facts.

No criticism or complains here. Go canvass. Go donate. You are the campaign and you alone can win the presidency for Ron Paul.

Your pessimistic warnings, and your suggestions for change are not needed.

Everything we need is more of what we are doing, and closing our eyes and ears to anyone contradicting our faith will lead us to victory.

freedom-maniac
01-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Intriguing. I would hope to hear an explanation for what happened.

JoshLowry
01-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Intriguing. I would hope to hear an explanation for what happened.

MsDoodahs deleted a thread that could be construed as negative.

She felt that at the time the forum was going down the drain with one negative thread after another and must have felt overwhelmed. She has done a great job as a new moderator and I just got done discussing this issue with her.

It shouldn't have been deleted.

itshappening
01-17-2008, 07:19 PM
the subforums aren't really obscure.. when people are bored they tend to check them out :P