PDA

View Full Version : Press Release: Homeschoolling Surges As Public Schools Improve

Pauliana
01-17-2008, 05:35 PM
For Future Release

January 20, 2010

Fort Atkinson, WI - Homeschool America, Inc notes a sharp increase in membership over the last year in spite of the overall improving performance of public schools since the end of No Child Left Behind and the abolishment of the Federal Department of Education.

Homeschool America explains the membership surge with the fact that more Americans are able to shift to single wage earning households and allow more parents to educate and care for their children at home. Also notable is the work the Paul Administration has done with the individual states to promote and encourage eased regulation for homeschoolers at the state level, without resorting to federal mandates or control.

Kathryn Jones is just one of the many new members of HA.

“Before President Paul’s tax cuts, we figured out that we were paying upwards of 40%-50% of our incomes to government. After we began seeing all this tax relief, we realized that we didn’t need both our incomes any more and I had the option of staying home with the kids, like my mom did, and like I always meant to. Before it just wasn’t realistic. But now, its like - we could have a bigger house, nicer cars - or we could actually raise our kids. It’s been just amazing,” Jones stated in explanation of their new membership.

Tim and Sally Smith are new members as well, however, instead of one of them quitting their job entirely, they both work part-time and take turns with the kids at home.