PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots "Press Release" Program

WilliamC
01-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Here's an idea.

Many people (including me) are frustrated in the lack of timely press releases from HQ which would frame Ron Paul's positions in the issues of the day and show how our government should respond (or not) to what happens in the world.

Why don't we start drafting our own press releases on a daily basis? Stay away from trying to defend Ron Paul from smears or anything, but maybe focus on current economic trends (stocks down, dollar falls, inflation rising) and foreign affairs (Saudi arms deal, Congress claims Iran still has nuclear weapons program, Iraq news).

Maybe someone could get a draft going in the morning, people could work on it and re-write it during the day, and by the afternoon/evening we could get a finished product to submit as a suggestion to campaign HQ.

Yes, I know, I brought it up, I should start one. But I just started taking a class today on top of my job (which I've been neglecting lately) and within a couple of days my slim jims will be here and I'll be out canvassing more instead of posting on the fourms.

But it's an idea :)

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
I've always liked this idea!

Trigonx
01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
i like it too

Pauliana
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Do you honestly think the official campaign would go for that? Besides its probly illegal. Get yourself a distribution list and send it out yourself AS A GRASSROOTS Press Contact. :)

Rhys
01-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Here's an idea.

Many people (including me) are frustrated in the lack of timely press releases from HQ which would frame Ron Paul's positions in the issues of the day and show how our government should respond (or not) to what happens in the world.

Why don't we start drafting our own press releases on a daily basis? Stay away from trying to defend Ron Paul from smears or anything, but maybe focus on current economic trends (stocks down, dollar falls, inflation rising) and foreign affairs (Saudi arms deal, Congress claims Iran still has nuclear weapons program, Iraq news).

Maybe someone could get a draft going in the morning, people could work on it and re-write it during the day, and by the afternoon/evening we could get a finished product to submit as a suggestion to campaign HQ.

Yes, I know, I brought it up, I should start one. But I just started taking a class today on top of my job (which I've been neglecting lately) and within a couple of days my slim jims will be here and I'll be out canvassing more instead of posting on the fourms.

But it's an idea :)

We already voted here so I can help. We don't need the HQ. There's a few services such as PRNewswire.com. I've used that. All we need is a website and a wiki tool. The thing is though, press releases are a fine line between a cheerleading piece and a news report. We can't just spam the newsrooms with "Go Ron Paul" and expect anything but backlash.

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
We could just automatically fax the contents of Ron Paul Forums to the MSM until they run out of paper.

WilliamC
01-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Seems I'm behind on this one, others have already had the idea.

I suppose the campaign couldn't use something officially that the grassroots put together and gave to it.

El Davicho
01-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Do you honestly think the official campaign would go for that? Besides its probly illegal. Get yourself a distribution list and send it out yourself AS A GRASSROOTS Press Contact. :)

How does one obtain a distribution list?

sharpsteve2003
01-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Maybe it could be a "Statement from Grassroots Ron Paul Supporters" with all in support adding their name and State. If It's Posted somewhere where supporters could easily add their name in support. Maybe Names from around the country would show support everywhere.

Rhys
01-17-2008, 06:02 PM
This is new:

http://www.pr.com/press-releases

free