PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson on CSPAN with Ron Paul's Message

Quirkydude
01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
CSPAN is showing Fred Thompson speaking live. He is pushing the Constitution and the need to abide by it. Free markets, forefathers, etc. It's like he just swiped a speech from Paul's desk. He then veers of on his own when talking about military strength, but the beginning was all RP. The same with McCain..starting to talk so much about cutting spending. Seems that all of the so-called "mainstream" candidates are cherry picking from Ron Paul's stands.

Trigonx
01-17-2008, 05:21 PM
it just shows how mainstream RP's message really is. This may be a good thing, it gets people focusing on those issues and when they find out about RP and his history of voting they will choose RP

Spike
01-17-2008, 05:22 PM
they know they can't win without at least trying to sound like a Republican.

TSOL
01-17-2008, 05:25 PM
I am seeing more and more candidates latch onto the message lately

'Cutting Taxes!' 'Limit Excessive Spending!''Free Market!'

Quirkydude
01-17-2008, 05:37 PM
...I might add that he gave the townhall attendees a talk about the importance of following the constitution and the original intent of it's authors. Sounds familiar.

Magsec
01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Maybe RP is rubbing off on them and these crazy candidates are compromising their views while still trying to appeal to and believe in the GOP base. Then again, McCain is a hell of a volatile guy politically...

Johncjackson
01-17-2008, 05:43 PM
That is Fred's message. He is just not down with the monetary and peace policy. But he's always been a federalist/Constitutional candidate.

AlexMerced
01-17-2008, 05:46 PM
monetary policy and peace is where it's at

runderwo
01-17-2008, 06:21 PM
That is Fred's message. He is just not down with the monetary and peace policy. But he's always been a federalist/Constitutional candidate.

He's a Constitutional opportunist. When he's voting against a bill, he finds some way to cite a strict reading of the Constitution or the principle of states' rights to defeat the bill. But when he's voting for an unconstitutional bill such as a gun control or CFR bill, suddenly it's all about expediency and the Constitution isn't even a point of discussion. Don't listen to me, go check out the guy's record.

Caravello
01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't trust Fred's grasp of the Constitution. He doesn't strike me as particularly intelligent, for one, and educated on the subject, for two. Plus, he was a lobbyist for a long time for big special interests, and how does that jibe with the Constitution?

Pharoah
01-17-2008, 07:10 PM
It's wishful thinking to assume that politicians believe anything they themselves are saying. They say what works - period.

Iowa4Paul
01-17-2008, 07:16 PM
It's wishful thinking to assume that politicians believe anything they themselves are saying. They say what works - period.

It's a good thing RP is a civil servant and not a politician :D

painter4Ron Paul
01-17-2008, 07:19 PM
No one is going to vote for that dirty old hound dog with his toddlers and trophy wife.