PDA

View Full Version : Just had an idea...

Nanerbeet
01-17-2008, 05:03 PM
I know these ideas never get any traction but I just wanted to throw this one out there not to see if it will gain traction, but to get people THINKING about clever ways to promote the campaign as we move forward, beyond super T etc...

Could we sponsor some kind of a national writing contest where school children between a certain age group write up an essay about why we should elect Ron Paul?? Get the parents involved in doing research. We all pitch in for a grand prize like a scholarship and it makes the news.

"4th graders for Ron Paul" news at 11.

What do ya think?

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 05:10 PM
very original idea

yongrel
01-17-2008, 05:13 PM
ooh

JimInNY
01-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Very good indeed.

UtahApocalypse
01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Rather then why to elect Ron Paul make it a bit moore open "What America means to me"

JimInNY
01-17-2008, 05:19 PM
We'd have to make it a BIG $ scholarship though.

Like $10k to 1st place, $5K to 2nd, $2.5k to third, and maybe five $500 runner ups?

What becomes of the money though? We hand a kid's parent a $10k check and who is to say it gets spent on college?

JimInNY
01-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Rather then why to elect Ron Paul make it a bit moore open "What America means to me"

Nah, then parents will have their kids writing about social security, gun control and free health care. lmao!

Trigonx
01-17-2008, 05:22 PM

kinda have to focus on RP so it is actually worth something to us.

N13
01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Its like the one where you are running really fast and then fall off a cliff. You wake up when you hit the ground.

theantirobot
01-17-2008, 05:25 PM
That's a really good Idea, it doesn't take much money to make it worth while.

How does one go about setting up a scholarship?

Trigonx
01-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Its like the one where you are running really fast and then fall off a cliff. You wake up when you hit the ground.

i hate those dreams where you are free falling and jump up in your sleep and get that feeling in your stomach

thegr8drronpaul
01-17-2008, 06:02 PM
What a great idea - unfortunately since you brought it up though - can you take this on with your meetup or something? I just hate to see great ideas go nowhere :(

JimInNY
01-17-2008, 06:19 PM
What a great idea - unfortunately since you brought it up though - can you take this on with your meetup or something? I just hate to see great ideas go nowhere :(

It will go somewhere.

I will donate hosting and make a website for it. How do we set up scholarships?

Any liars, I mean lawyers here? Bankers? Acountants? Deans? College admins? Someone who knows this stuff?

JimInNY
01-17-2008, 06:29 PM
bump

Nanerbeet
01-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Guess its time to start googling ;)

Nanerbeet
01-17-2008, 06:49 PM
JimInNY are you a web developer by chance?? ;)

meemes
01-17-2008, 07:17 PM
It's an awesome idea! Let's not let go of it? How about a basic essay topic that everyone with common sense will have to agree with? For example "How Electing Ron Paul for President Will Help Adults Pay Less Taxes". These days it is possible to set up a simple website for a few hundred dollars. Why not give the winners cash? We accomplished a goal, it's a win-win for everyone!

JimInNY
01-17-2008, 07:55 PM
JimInNY are you a web developer by chance?? ;)

An amateur, but I do ok. :)

JimInNY
01-17-2008, 07:57 PM
It's an awesome idea! Let's not let go of it? How about a basic essay topic that everyove with commone sense will have to agree with? For example "How Electing Ron Paul for President Will Help Adults Pay Less Taxes". These days it is possible to set up a simple website for a few hundred dollars. Why not give the winners cash? We accomplished a goal, it's a win-win for everyone!

A simple website will be free for this project. :)

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 09:35 AM
bump

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Well, did this idea die already?

Roadrcr
01-19-2008, 08:59 AM
This is not a bad Idea.. The parents will help ( who can vote) and while they are doing research they will be enlightened.

homah
01-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Well, did this idea die already?

I love the idea and would be glad to donate. Unfortunately, I am too clueless to help in any other capacity. I'm guessing that's true of a lot of others as well. If someone can get the ball rolling, this will be a great success.

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 09:04 AM
I said I would donate hosting and run the website. I can register a domain name.

We would have to raise scholarship money ASAP.

I don't want to handle money. We need a trusted someone who has already handled money for other projects to do that part.

I would set up the site initially to raise $. We need them QUICK!!!! Then we'd have to make an all out effort to promote the competition. It will take many people to make it all happen.

I'm willing to do my part.

Who is on board?

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 09:14 AM
OK, i regsitered ronpaulscholarship.com.

I have to attend to some things and run a few errands. I'll be back in about 2 hours. Can someone start a Ron Paul Scholarship thread and drum up some help for this?

I'll get a quick site up and running this afternoon.

We need someone to handle money and people to promote this all over the place. I never used Chip In. We need the money handler to set one up.

Later kids!

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I will set up a coming soon page at ronpaulscholarship.com now, before I go.

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 09:49 AM
OK, I'll do the thread. sheeez. :)

Roadrcr
01-19-2008, 09:51 AM
i'm saying real substitate change comes from private citizens going not on my watch you don't and i'm not saying to get up and do something i'm begging you to get up and do something because if you don't get up and do something it dosen't get done.

nc4rp
01-19-2008, 10:00 AM
your Volunteered!! go for it. just keep it simple so you dont get in over your head.

this would be a good way to get Rons name out to people who you dont want to breach the political line with, like business clients, etc. but if they have kids, then you can present it to them in a more neighborly light while getting out Dr. Pauls message.