PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Blimp on Hardball

Cimbri
01-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Chris was very polite and compared Ron Paul to Goldwater all in all fair coverage.

Mckarnin
01-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Chris was very polite and compared Ron Paul to Goldwater all in all fair coverage.

What, the blimp was on Hardball just now? We have been in contact with an MSNBC reporter but they haven't ridden the blimp yet.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Tucker was talking up RP again. Buchanan mentioned RP, etc. Matthews said, "A LOT of young people really like him." Short but sweet.

Cimbri
01-17-2008, 05:02 PM
It was on Hardball before Tucker and Pat Buchanan talked with Chris about Ron Paul. He said the younger generation seems to like Ron Paul alot.

billjarrett
01-17-2008, 05:04 PM
It was on Hardball before Tucker and Pat Buchanan talked with Chris about Ron Paul. He said the younger generation seems to like Ron Paul alot.

Now if we could just get them to vote en masse our problem would be solved.

But to be fair, I think they are outnumbered demographically anyways. Baby boomers....

xerigen
01-17-2008, 05:06 PM
youtube?

frasu
01-17-2008, 05:10 PM
it is amazing how we are at a point that even a couple of sentences mention on TV make us happy... it is cool that they mention his name in a full sentence, but... :mad:

shame on this gentlemen...

freeedooom!

NerveShocker
01-17-2008, 08:04 PM
I saw it :) It was a nice shot too easy to tell how enormous it is.

Help support the Ron Paul Blimp
www.RonPaulBlimp.com

pacelli
01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
The blimp will hopefully prove its effectiveness in getting out the name recognition for Paul and translating that into votes- we'll see how this Saturday goes when comparing poll results for SC (blimp state) v NV (non blimp). This is an interesting experiment, I'm excited!

Fields
01-17-2008, 08:09 PM
youtube?

AlexMerced
01-17-2008, 08:12 PM
baby boomers other than the ones voting for Paul :) love to think us youngins don't know our stuff...

to their credit though the huge democratic turnouts kinda show them they're right

but some of us are smart, some are ALMOST smart and and vote gravel or kucinich, but this means they don't understand economics or individualism yet.

Then there Hunter, and people still voting for Tancredo

Then there is Albert Howard, god bless him

driller80545
01-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Chris Matthews asked Tucker "where can Ron Paul win" and Tucker said "RP's winning at Tucker's house"

Trigonx
01-17-2008, 08:21 PM
and i wonder what kind of effect the blimp had on Florida

dblee
01-17-2008, 08:25 PM
they did this right before iowa too. creepy. it's like they all get together and decide he's not such a bad guy for one day.

BeFranklin
01-17-2008, 08:26 PM

Well, currently the cost of one month of the blimp is about 1/3rd of the total amount HQ has raised since New Years. I think that has some priority :(

Ogren
01-17-2008, 08:27 PM
youtube?

What he said

Cimbri
01-17-2008, 08:29 PM
I heard from some people I know who just visited Florida that they saw the Blimp and it really creates a buzz amongst the Republican establishment which they are a part of. They also mentioned that Ron Paul billboards are everywhere and these were Giuliani supporters and they sounded a little mad about the enthusiasm that has been generated around Ron Paul.

Caravello
01-17-2008, 08:38 PM
baby boomers other than the ones voting for Paul :) love to think us youngins don't know our stuff...

to their credit though the huge democratic turnouts kinda show them they're right

but some of us are smart, some are ALMOST smart and and vote gravel or kucinich, but this means they don't understand economics or individualism yet.

Then there Hunter, and people still voting for Tancredo

Then there is Albert Howard, god bless him

I don't think it's a matter of not "thinking you are smart" or whatever but a matter of that they don't give a crap about you and your future. I hate to say, but this is a divided country, and it's a situation where not only the races and the sexes are pitted against each other but also the generations for a piece of the pie. It's an adversarial relationship. Which is why it is all the more important to shrink the size of government b/c it fosters this adversarial relationship. There are still plenty of us older people (I'm 40, which may or may not seem old to you) who care about the world we are leaving to the younger generation, but I just hope that there are enough of us to make a difference whether through RP or not. That's my biggest social concern in life right now, and I am not a very political animal, but I care deeply about the young and about preserving America. I have two kids also, and I don't want them or their peers having a massive debt hanging over them, unchecked immigration and all the crime and displacement it creates, jobs being shipped overseas, etc.

Something has to be done. But I wouldn't waste my time waiting for the baby boomers or anyone else outside of your generation to take care of your interests. Sadly, you guys are on your own to a large extent.

ruzz
01-17-2008, 08:46 PM

Marketing studies show that when a blimp, used properly, will increase awareness in the viewers eyes of the "product" at a rate of 23% in the recognition factor over other mass marketing vehicles.

A good friend of mine that is a consultant for a large marketing firm devised a formula using the statistics of past blimp studies and then transferred the model to equate it to votes. His determination was that the blimp used in an institutional marketing campaign is only really effective for branding but may account for as many as 17 extra votes in the areas the blimp has flown or will be flown in. This 17 vote number came from a formula that accounted for "blimp fly time" and extensive polling data taken prior to elections as well as exit poll data.

Peace out,
ruzz
"95.7% of all statistics read on the internet are made up on the fly"

Fields
01-17-2008, 08:51 PM
youtubers have been letting me down recently. :(

Sey.Naci
01-17-2008, 08:57 PM
youtubers have been letting me down recently. :(Yea, where's the YouTube brigade? :(

slinkymaster
01-17-2008, 08:59 PM
youtubers have been letting me down recently. :(

I think part of that is the redundancy of campaigning. Its hard to make original videos of people saying the same things that they've been saying for a year+. MSM coverage usually shows up sooner or later.

Edit: We should start putting up local coverage of the blimp if thats all we're going to get.

Geronimo
01-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I think it's good. It shows me that people aren't wasting their time waiting for the MSM to mention Ron Paul.

Keep hitting refresh. It'll show up eventually.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=ron%20paul%20blimp&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&search_category=0&search=Search&v=&uploaded=&filter=1

Shellshock1918
01-17-2008, 09:04 PM

He keeps saying that and keeps saying that he wants him on his show. The campaign needs to schedule an appearance there.

tsiguy96
01-17-2008, 09:37 PM
He keeps saying that and keeps saying that he wants him on his show. The campaign needs to schedule an appearance there.

the campaign seems incompetent at this point. time is running out for them to actually do something, get out of SC all hope is lost there, look to the future...

bgoldwater
01-17-2008, 09:39 PM
video?