PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Video Game

TruePatriot44
07-26-2007, 10:20 PM
I am thinking about making a Ron Paul themed video game in flash. This would expose Ron Paul's values to people not interested in politics. As long as the game is fun it would be enough to attract people to Ron Paul.

I know video games can be a powerful marketing tool. The U.S. army created one to increase recruitment a couple years back.

What would be some good themes for the game?

I thought of the following:

A tower defense like game where you have to stop illegal immigration from flooding across our borders.

A tower defense like game where you have to stop the IRS and greedy Congress of stealing the American tax payer's money.

An adventure game with parodies to the Wizard of Oz. Hillary would be the wicked witch of the west with the other democrats being her lackeys. You'd be supported by the cowardly lion (Mitt Romney - no courage), the Tin Man (Rudy Guiliani - no heart...aka three divorces) and the scarecrow (John McCain - no brain). Ron Paul would be the main character and follow the yellow brick road (gold standard).

Please give me ideas.

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-26-2007, 10:29 PM
You can call it Freedom Fighter or something, similar to asteroids...with the faces of the other candidates... Ron Paul shooting constitutions at them (lol). add some level ups to make it interesting...

nayjevin
07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
You can call it Freedom Fighter or something, similar to asteroids...with the faces of the other candidates... Ron Paul shooting constitutions at them (lol). add some level ups to make it interesting...

righteous!

EvoPro
07-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Holy Java Beans that's a SUPER SWEET IDEA!

You could also add(to the candidates faces) the NAU, IRS, NAFTA Superhighway, US policing the world (disclaimer:I have no idea what image you would use for that), others...

Original_Intent
07-26-2007, 11:07 PM
The tower defence idea is incredible, you could use lots of different ideas for the creatures; I like the illegal aliens, IRS agents and you could use other candidates as bosses

plus tower defence is SUCH a fun game =)

Swmorgan77
07-27-2007, 07:54 AM

Awesome!

Razmear
07-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Remember that old three player arcade game where you are either King Kong, Godzilla or some other monster and you climb up the buildings and smash em apart? I think it was called Rampage. How about a big Ron Paul smashing the IRS building?

eb

Joe Knows
07-27-2007, 08:47 AM
I am thinking about making a Ron Paul themed video game in flash. This would expose Ron Paul's values to people not interested in politics. As long as the game is fun it would be enough to attract people to Ron Paul.

I know video games can be a powerful marketing tool. The U.S. army created one to increase recruitment a couple years back.

A tower defense like game where you have to stop illegal immigration from flooding across our borders.

A tower defense like game where you have to stop the IRS and greedy Congress of stealing the American tax payer's money.

An adventure game with parodies to the Wizard of Oz. Hillary would be the wicked witch of the west with the other democrats being her lackeys. You'd be supported by the cowardly lion (Mitt Romney - no courage), the Tin Man (Rudy Guiliani - no heart...aka three divorces) and the scarecrow (John McCain - no brain). Ron Paul would be the main character and follow the yellow brick road (gold standard).

Please give me ideas.

This is a great idea.

I personally like the idea of The Wizard of Oz, because it does more than promote Ron Paul. It characterizes the other candidates in a negative light. The second tier candidates can be munchkins. Glenda the Good Witch could be Carol Paul.

One of the reasons that I like this is because it will attract people of all ages. Virtually everyone has heard of the Wizard of Oz.

Once again, great idea!

foofighter20x
07-27-2007, 08:54 AM

And if you remember, that hasn't really worked out too well for them.

specialkornflake
07-27-2007, 08:58 AM
A defend the castle/tower game would be good, fairly simple and lots of fun. At first, I was thinking more along the lines of:

An RPG where Ron Paul moves through different government buildings and defeats bureaucrats and politicians while collecting pieces of the constitution and rescuing supporters. Each amendment that he collects can allow him a new ability. When he gets the second amendment, then he can use a slingshot or something. It needs to be very cartoon like as to not get anyone angry.

On a sided note, remember that Ron Paul doesn't dislike illegal immigrants specifically, but thinks they are a scapegoat for some of our other problems. Everyone dislikes politicians and bureaucrats, but not illegal immigrants.

When the game is finished it can be uploaded to places like Newgrounds.com!

EvoPro
07-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Maybe do a simple game for now and then you can work on the more complicated RGP style, that sounds like a great idea KornFlake.

shadowhooch
07-27-2007, 09:12 AM
How about "Freedom Invaders" patterned after Space Invaders?

Ron Paul is the tank on the bottom shooting down the those that are encroaching on American's Freedom.

You could have a Republican Nominee level where Mitt, Guiliani, and McCain heads are creeping down and shooting increased spending and more war at you.

Then a Democratic Nominee level where they shoot taxes and big govt at you.

And finally a level with all the govt departments that Ron Paul wants to get rid of creeping down on you. Shoot 'em down Ron Paul!

And at the end of each level, he waives the American Flag!

wecandoit
07-27-2007, 09:15 AM
great idea.

How about the evil villians have torn the constitutiion tp pieces, and it's up to Ron Paul to recover it. After winning each mini game, he retrieves another piece.

The game is won when all the pieces are reassmebled and America is saved.

Johnnybags
07-27-2007, 09:15 AM
off his bike, remember the windows breaking, make him toss it into the whitehouse as his last stop.

monotony
07-27-2007, 09:52 AM
My friend just had a good idea.

He said have a Ron Paul figure going back and forth trying to protect the constitution from the other candidates taking a dump on it. It could be a "Space invaders" type game except with a freedom twist.

empirenine
07-27-2007, 09:57 AM
I love this idea, however it turns out. You have enough input already so I won't throw any more ideas out there.

Paperboy & Rampage: two of my all-time favorites mentioned in one thread.

ronpaulnation
07-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Freedom Fighter:

http://www.ronpaulnation.com/?page_id=77

theblatanttruth
07-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Has anyone ever played "5 Minutes to Kill Yourself"? Google search it and play it a couple times... the point of the game is you have 5 minutes to kill yourself in an office building and there are all sorts of random things around to help you that take points away from your life.

Well I think it would be neat to have a game the plays like that only with Ron Paul and call it 5 Minutes to Fix America, where you walk around the whitehouse/capitol building, etc, veto'ing bills, firing the IRS employees, anything you can come up with that Ron Paul will fix

Hey, I think it'd be neat

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Freedom Fighter:

http://www.ronpaulnation.com/?page_id=77

Man, that freedom fighter game is awesome. Awesome job!

iiguns
07-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Great game LMAO. In Asteroids you have that flying saucer come out every so often. Would be nice if you can put Hillary flying a Broom.

Hamburglar
07-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Great idea.
You could have level bosses/above average enemies: The Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act, RealID act, etc. (must use the constitution)

angelatc
07-28-2007, 10:32 AM
If you have a game that in any promotes shooting illegal immigrants we're going to end up on Fox *and* CNN and it won't be pretty.

I *really* like the theme of 8 years to fix America. Power-ups could be executive orders and you need to find a Congressman or a Supreme Court Justice to hand them off to.

yongrel
07-28-2007, 10:38 AM
yeah... we should probably avoid a game that advocates the slaughter of illegal immigrants.

Truth be told, killing in general would probably be best to avoid. Y'all are clever folks, so I'm sure you can think of something that conveys RP's message without shooting stuff.

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-28-2007, 10:42 AM
yeah... we should probably avoid a game that advocates the slaughter of illegal immigrants.

Truth be told, killing in general would probably be best to avoid. Y'all are clever folks, so I'm sure you can think of something that conveys RP's message without shooting stuff.

There's no killing in Freedom Fighter! It's just Ron Paul on his lonely spaceship blasting the candidate asteroids! It should be promoted more once it's finished.

Some sound bytes would spice it up as well... clips like "War on terror" "Weapons of mass destruction" "global terrorists" etc

Hamburglar
07-28-2007, 10:57 AM
"War on terror" "Weapons of mass destruction" "global terrorists" etc

:eek: *Hands over the rest of my civil liberties*

ronpaulnation
07-28-2007, 11:01 AM
What would be great is if some of our talented people with video
can create some back story recordings, the story of the game.

I'm sure we could integrate it in, if we really want to get fancy bosses
could be added with different attack patterns and they take multiple hits
to destory. maybe someone with some acting skills can pretend to be
the other candidates acting all evily :D the video would play right before a
major battle, at that point we could incorporate the boss saying different audio clips.

I agree tho if the suggestion is that we may need to make it more clear what the projectiles are that are being fired. Question is how? Everything is very small for a reason, once things start becoming larger it impacts playability. We're open to ideas tho

theblatanttruth
07-28-2007, 12:21 PM
What would be great is if some of our talented people with video
can create some back story recordings, the story of the game.

I'm sure we could integrate it in, if we really want to get fancy bosses
could be added with different attack patterns and they take multiple hits
to destory. maybe someone with some acting skills can pretend to be
the other candidates acting all evily :D the video would play right before a
major battle, at that point we could incorporate the boss saying different audio clips.

I agree tho if the suggestion is that we may need to make it more clear what the projectiles are that are being fired. Question is how? Everything is very small for a reason, once things start becoming larger it impacts playability. We're open to ideas tho

If there are going to be projectiles, it needs to be rolled up constitutions, plain and simple :D

michaelwise
07-28-2007, 12:39 PM
If there are going to be projectiles, it needs to be rolled up constitutions, plain and simple :D

And when you hit George Bush with it the game says, Stop throwing the constitution in my face.

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
07-28-2007, 12:46 PM
great idea and please upload it to newgrounds.com, you will get tons of views there.

dude58677
07-31-2007, 04:42 PM
It would be a game like Sim City only instead it is called "Ron Paul's Revolution" and in the game there is a national proposal where Lou Dobbs says "President Paul, for the 500th time we need a fence around our borders."

The game will have other features as well:

1) You can raise an army with either volunteer where you have control on the military benefits such as salary or college

2) Individual Right to bear arms is protected to fight crime or foreign invaders/terrorists

3) Gold or Silver Standard or fiat currency

4) If you abolish Education Department or Health Department, either the free market or States take over.

5) Option to build anti-ballistic missile defense system.

6) Option to make deals with neighboring countries selling excessive assets.

7) Option to mark reprisal

8) Any enumerated power in the Constitution.

9) If you propose something that violates the Constitution, Judge Napalitono will come up and say "President Paul, What are you doing? You know this law is unconstitutional and violates the Bill of Rights.

10) Soundtrack will be the 1812 Overture.

Ron Paul won't have to recieve any personal profit from the purchases given that would violate the campaign finance laws.

LibertyOfOne
07-31-2007, 05:05 PM
An RPG where Ron Paul moves through different government buildings and defeats bureaucrats and politicians while collecting pieces of the constitution and rescuing supporters. Each amendment that he collects can allow him a new ability. When he gets the second amendment, then he can use a slingshot or something. It needs to be very cartoon like as to not get anyone angry.

Dragon Warrior for the win! You could make an RPG with little effort there are tools to do so. RPG maker is one in which you make the graphics and use scripts to form a game.

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/battlesys.html

I like that one the best. Each time a bureaucrat reaches the castle you lose money.

rodent
07-31-2007, 05:11 PM
You should have the constitution and the bill of rights, and you have to prevent politicians from coming out and starting fires to burn the documents.

Please give me ideas.