PDA

View Full Version : Republican Youtue debates to be Only Paul and Mccain?

thomaspaine23
07-26-2007, 10:17 PM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/07/26/but_dont_ask_him_on_youtube_1.html?nav=rss_email/components

If the "frontrunners" don't do it, then it's just Paul and Mccain. Alot of people watching and ALOT of time for Paul... This could be a breakthrough moment

[Admin Edit: Another bit at Washington Post on same story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/27/AR2007072700283_pf.html ]

foofighter20x
07-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Hehehe... We scared'em out of the debates.

They shake in their boots about places where they can't control the message. They fear what they might say.

Good to know we don't have that problem. :D

DjLoTi
07-26-2007, 10:23 PM
O MAN THIS IS GREAT .. Giuliani has already said he won't participate.. if Mitt doesn't, and the other 2nd tier doesn't.. hell yeah... RON PAUL TIME BABY, WOO!!!!

Electrostatic
07-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Now they'll just say "Well that wasn't real, because we didn't grace it with our presences..."

ronpaulitician
07-26-2007, 10:24 PM
More liberty for us.

JPFromTally
07-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Breaking news! McCain has opted out as well. Instead he will be replaced by the snowman from the Democrat's debate. Early polls show the snowman is way more popular than Romney or McCain.

quickmike
07-26-2007, 10:30 PM
O MAN THIS IS GREAT .. Giuliani has already said he won't participate.. if Mitt doesn't, and the other 2nd tier doesn't.. hell yeah... RON PAUL TIME BABY, WOO!!!!

They'll be there. Remember, they are flip floppers and will do the opposite of what they say now. They are just trying to marginalize it because they are afraid, but once the media starts pointing it out, they will be pretty much forced to attend or look like complete assholes, which im sure they dont want.

Ron Paul Fan
Before Liberty Eagle tells us that this has nothing to do with Ron Paul, I'll respond. The less people there are, the better for Dr. Paul obviously. Maybe Giuliani and Romney don't want to get negative videos, but the mainstream media will make sure that won't happen, and they'll be protected by CNN so I don't see what they're worried about. If anything it'll be Ron Paul getting negative videos his way which CNN will probably pick over the thousands of positive videos that he'll get. The Democrat debate had a couple of stupid questions in it so I can understand their argument that the debate is more of a joke than serious, but they should be there or it looks like they're hiding from something.

isufferfromronpaulfever
That's actually a blessing in disguise.

Original_Intent
07-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Breaking news! McCain has opted out as well. Instead he will be replaced by the snowman from the Democrat's debate. Early polls show the snowman is way more popular than Romney or McCain.

He definitely has more money than McCain in his slush fund! :D

OK that was bad - sorry, so very VERY sorry :rolleyes:

michaelwise
07-26-2007, 10:42 PM
By opting out, they just gave Ron Paul even more credibility. See how everything backfires on them. They need to lighten up. I think it was the, How are you going to save my baby(Bushmaster 57) type of questions that they are afraid of.

RPatTheBeach
07-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Before Liberty Eagle tells us that this has nothing to do with Ron Paul, I'll respond. The less people there are, the better for Dr. Paul obviously. Maybe Giuliani and Romney don't want to get negative videos, but the mainstream media will make sure that won't happen, and they'll be protected by CNN so I don't see what they're worried about. If anything it'll be Ron Paul getting negative videos his way which CNN will probably pick over the thousands of positive videos that he'll get. The Democrat debate had a couple of stupid questions in it so I can understand their argument that the debate is more of a joke than serious, but they should be there or it looks like they're hiding from something.

If the other candidates don't show, there is nothing to 'debate'. It becomes simply a Q&A. I can just hear Hannity now after the YouTube debate criticizing Paul that there was nobody to contest his views, blah blah blah.

Ron Paul Fan
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
If the other candidates don't show, there is nothing to 'debate'. It becomes simply a Q&A. I can just hear Hannity now after the YouTube debate criticizing Paul that there was nobody to contest his views, blah blah blah.

McCain has already accepted. Who wouldn't want to see Ron Paul school anyone in a 1 on 1 debate? The 2nd tier candidates are probably waiting to see if they're actually still around before accepting. The ones that are still in it would be fools to decline and not get more exposure for themselves. If Giuliani and Romney don't want to come then I think it looks worse for them, not for the debate.

Original_Intent
07-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Absolutely, romney saying that he "has seven debate invitations within an 11 day period in September" as a reason that he might not attend!!!! The chicken-shit coward! He likes to run his stupid "Ask Mitt Anything" videos but he is afraid to be asked live where he can't edit everything out and where it won't be controlled by moderators. Him ad Rudy both, nothing byut cowards, and the American people will know it if they don't show up.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-26-2007, 11:02 PM
How is McCain even going to get there? I dont think he has enough money for a bus ticket.

MikeStanart
07-26-2007, 11:05 PM
OMG this is hot, hot, hot!

This is going to be amazing for Ron Paul, or bad.... I have a feeling the Media might try to spin this.... but I hope the people understand that these are the only people with the balls to show up!

Ron Paul Fan
07-26-2007, 11:06 PM
How is McCain even going to get there? I dont think he has enough money for a bus ticket.

He'll take the bus with Mike Gravel or catch a ride on one of the rest of the Democrat candidate's private planes while they all preach that we need to be more responsible about saving the environment and less dependent on oil.

BLS
07-26-2007, 11:44 PM
don't be fooled..they'll all be there.

michaelwise
07-26-2007, 11:44 PM
If no one else wants to show up, we can call it; A Youtube Evening With Ron Paul.

austin356
07-26-2007, 11:45 PM
why does everyone automatically think it is great that Paul is the only one signed up?

What makes you think CNN will not cancel the debate if since it really wont be a "debate" since a debate consist of 2 or more individuals?

I mean this could be absolutely fantastic (they change it to a candidate forum in which Paul is asked questions) or it could be not good at all, where the thing is canceled (Prime time tv time lost; Less exposure in perhaps the 3/4th most important state).

michaelwise
07-26-2007, 11:48 PM
why does everyone automatically think it is great that Paul is the only one signed up?

What makes you think CNN will not cancel the debate if since it really wont be a "debate" since a debate consist of 2 or more individuals?

I mean this could be absolutely fantastic (they change it to a candidate forum in which Paul is asked questions) or it could be not good at all, where the thing is canceled (Prime time tv time lost; Less exposure in perhaps the 3/4th most important state).

because it has been too well publicized.

Quantumystic
07-27-2007, 12:00 AM
You all should SEE the comments over at WaPo on this...

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/07/26/but_dont_ask_him_on_youtube_1.html#more

They are LIGHTING UP the GOP candidates who are not committing to this debate.

The number of comments isn't very high, but they're definitely pissed.

GreyBlood
07-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Only two candidates? Get ready to see 50 minutes of Jonnys' mug.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Even if Paul is the only one to show up, how much you wana bet they only give him 6 minutes of screen time?

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Considering Ron Paul's Youtube presence the other Republican candidates probably consider it Paul's home turf.

Chase
07-27-2007, 02:13 AM
I think these guys are scared, because they know that the Youtube audience is primarily made up of techies / young people, who tend to heavily dislike the war and favor guys like Ron Paul.

Man from La Mancha
07-27-2007, 02:17 AM

Agree

rockfree33
07-27-2007, 02:18 AM
Even though youtube is Ron Paul's stomping grounds, CNN would just censor all of the critical questions. If he doesn't do well in the Iowa straw poll, he will just be marginalized even more in the september debates.

buffalokid777
07-27-2007, 02:36 AM
They'll be there. Remember, they are flip floppers and will do the opposite of what they say now. They are just trying to marginalize it because they are afraid, but once the media starts pointing it out, they will be pretty much forced to attend or look like complete assholes, which im sure they dont want.

I think Rudy might be telling the truth and he's gonna skip this one...

Rudy is no good without knowing the questions in advance.

Give me liberty
07-27-2007, 03:27 AM
oH yea this is some great news:D

I think.

lapi7
07-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Don't be silly!

They'll ALL be there...make no mistake!!!

CNN will edit the questions according to whom THEY choose for America will be the Republican nominee.

USPatriot36
07-27-2007, 04:17 AM
Forgive me for believing the top tier candidates are up to no good. I think they decided if they all bail out, the event will be cancelled or not widely watched. None of them can point to any of the debates actually helping them, and they fear free press coverage where Ron Paul gets to speak. If the promoters prove they are going ahead with the show then I agree they will all show up.

Ron Paul Fan
07-27-2007, 04:20 AM
Don't be silly!

They'll ALL be there...make no mistake!!!

CNN will edit the questions according to whom THEY choose for America will be the Republican nominee.

Exactly. Someone had a good point in another thread that even though the questions are asked via You tube by ordinary people, the same people that ignore and marginalize Dr. Paul are choosing the questions!!! CNN will pick the 1 question that slams Ron Paul. The Democrat debate still favored the top tier candidates. Mike Gravel was given a question that frowned upon his choice of words and Hillary and Obama were asked how they will overcome being a woman and black while being lauded with applause and carried out of the building on top of the people's shoulders.

akalucas
07-27-2007, 04:31 AM
I say about 4 candidates will quit anyways after the Iowa straw poll and before the end of 3q earnings deadline to save face. I think they want to wait to see how they do in Iowa before they say yes to the invitation and send CNN a check to participate, that is if there is a charge.

JBKing
07-27-2007, 07:47 AM
I talked to that reporter that morning. I was surprised the article was up so quick.

here is the video mentioned in the article

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Iqn-Uq0MA

don't forget to vote for it:

http://www.communitycounts.us/debates/?q=repubdebate&ans=&menu=&search=johnk1983xx

Swmorgan77
07-27-2007, 07:48 AM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/07/26/but_dont_ask_him_on_youtube_1.html?nav=rss_email/components

If the "frontrunners" don't do it, then it's just Paul and Mccain. Alot of people watching and ALOT of time for Paul... This could be a breakthrough moment

Romney will be glad to have missed the debate if my question to him were used:

Governor Romney: Millions of Mormons believe, as a matter of doctrine, that the Constitution of the United States was inspired and yet in the California debates in May you openly scoffed at this notion. Why, as a believing Mormon, should I vote for you and not the candidate on the stage who reveres the United States Constitution?

belian78
07-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Romney will be glad to have missed the debate if my question to him were used:

see, this is the type of excellent questions that will never find their way into a presidential "debate".

Harry96
07-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I've been saying since the Q2 numbers came out, based on how little money most candidates have and how much they appear to be spending in Iowa to make a last stand Aug. 11, that we could be down to Paul and the front-runners by Labor Day or not much later. Maybe Guiliani and Romney and their advisers agree and the thought of being nearly alone on the stage with Paul scares the hell out of them -- as well it should.

But there are a lot of debates scheduled between now and Thanksgiving, so what good will it do to skip this one? If they skipped them all, that would probably do more damage than attending because it would be so incredibly transparent that they're avoiding Paul.

Johnnybags
07-27-2007, 11:21 AM
questions, albeit not thru the lips of knowledge. I think Romney was a little peeved when FOX text messaging had to manipulate Pauls win over him. Of course he is scared, he has no substance or frame of reference. I'd actually love to see a Ghouliani/Paul debate. Rudy will present well and not with poppycock like Romney. But it also will take Rudy a few days to realize that Ron Paul crushed him in the eyes of the public. Heck, Rudy is not afraid, he told the world he wants our soldiers to learn to nationbuild in the last debate?

Slugg
07-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Exactly. Someone had a good point in another thread that even though the questions are asked via You tube by ordinary people, the same people that ignore and marginalize Dr. Paul are choosing the questions!!! CNN will pick the 1 question that slams Ron Paul. The Democrat debate still favored the top tier candidates. Mike Gravel was given a question that frowned upon his choice of words and Hillary and Obama were asked how they will overcome being a woman and black while being lauded with applause and carried out of the building on top of the people's shoulders.

Well, since CNN is a more 'liberal' station and it will be hosted by Anderson Cooper (From what I understand)....perhaps we'll see more 'liberal' bias...this of course, will favor Dr. Paul slightly (on some issues anyway)...and on any issue that Liberal Bias harms him...it harms others as well.

Let's be honest, any question to Dr. Paul is a home run...period.

Netwarrior
07-27-2007, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't put it past CNN to have anti-Paul producers, etc.. have their friends or family members ask embarrassing or "hit piece" seeded questions of Dr. Paul. Don't trust anything you see on the news. Just like the "bussed" in audience in South Carolina debates, CNN can "bus" in whatever YouTube questions they wish and have it appear as authentic.

MozoVote
07-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Dr Paul has shown he is well prepared to answer questions off the cuff. CNN can go right ahead and air those YouTube videos asking about 9/11 truth and Paul's purported comments about blacks in Washington DC. He can handle it and set the record straight.

I don't think the other candidates would be as willing to address their respective "tough questions".

Considering that Dr Paul was invited to speak by Google's employees, and generates a fair amount of traffic for YouTube, I would not be surprised if an "Evening with Dr Paul" did happen. (It might not be on CCN, though - just YouTube.)

Starks
07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Why doesn't the RNC ever sanction debates like the DNC does?

paulitics
07-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Romney, Giuliani, and CFRed are all cowards. Bottom line. But we have a gullible sheeple that believes these guys will alone save them from the boogieman.

Starks
07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Romney, Giuliani, and CFRed are all cowards. Bottom line. But we have a gullible sheeple that believes these guys will alone save them from the boogieman.

Reporter: "How are you going to solve the immigration issue?"

Fred: "9/11"

Delaware
07-27-2007, 03:30 PM
If Ron Paul goes on with the other three candidates, they will either attack him or try to discredit him. Because they can not match his intellectual prowess in a political debate, he knows too much about many subjects that they cant even touch.

MozoVote
07-27-2007, 03:49 PM
If the other candidates continue to waffle on this debate, it will be a great heckling point to raise when they appear near you. Get your chicken suits out! ;)

oldpaths1611
07-27-2007, 04:24 PM
If this story's already been posted, I apologize. I have to run and don't have time to check.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/27/AR2007072700283_pf.html

JoshLowry
07-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Yea it has been posted. Thanks!

richard1984
07-27-2007, 05:01 PM
They're stalling because they're afraid of getting schooled (i.e., made to look like the idiots they are) by the good Dr. Paul.

Maybe Giuliani is trying to get his summer reading assignment done. Heh...yeah. :rolleyes: Or maybe he's just scared and shaking in his panties.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Debates? Answering questions on important issues?

Thats all pre-9/11 thinking. 9/11 changed everything.

Starks
07-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Isn't having fewer republicans at the debate a good thing? RP will have more talk time right?

MozoVote
07-27-2007, 05:17 PM
The YouTube Q&A (it really wan't a "debate") was kind of silly sometimes, and a bit messy -- but since when does Democracy have to be picture perfect? Even if Dr. Paul was sick that night, I think the other candidates should have the gumption to attend and face the public.

The questions really weren't any worse than if they had audience members stand up and ask them. I don't really think the format was that dramatically different.