PDA

View Full Version : Canvassing randomly

RonRules
01-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Canvassing randomly is about walking around in crowds with your full Ron Paul apparel to spread the Ron Paul message. It's amazing now, compared to 2-3 months ago how much easier it is.

I live near Disneyland and often go to Downtown Disney for dinner.

The easiest and most fun way to canvas is to walk around with obvious Ron Paul signs on you, hat, etc. Carry a stack of slim jims, DVD's, Tax on Tips cards and as you walk around, people will come to talk to you. Most of the time, people want to know more about Ron Paul, but occasionally I get a "Who is Ron Paul?".

I was there for about 4 hours, handed out about 25 slim jims and 10 DVD's. All those were in answer to requests for information, with no solicitation on my part. That's what's beautiful about it. The message is now selling itself.

In a particular case, I met a guy at the House of Blues, who was a Democrat voting for Obama. We shared drink, talked about the economy, etc. After a few hours, I we were talking to other people and I noticed he was trying to explain Ron Paul's positions to a lady he met. I told him: "Are you working for me now?" He laughed and it was a great moment.

Went back home feeling I had done good.

Please people, always wear your Ron Paul stuff, and keep slim jims and DVD's around.

RonPaulFTW08
01-27-2008, 03:05 AM
Yeah I pretty much agree. I wear my Ron Paul shirt as much as I can. I wore it to the Yardhouse (restaurant/bar) in Newport Beach the other day and some random couple approached me to talk about him. I didn't have slim jims that night but from now on I'll always have at least a few on me at all times =P

While I was canvassing the other day some guy saw my shirt and approached me and asked for a flyer.

It seems like most people I meet these days DO know who Ron Paul is!

btw the back of my t-shirt has the ron paul revolution logo & website, and the front has the picture of the US "civil flag" (which apparently was "made up" in 2000). Anyways I went to the bank the other day and the teller asked about the flag.. I ended up showing her the back of the shirt too and then we talked about rp haha..

damon04
01-27-2008, 03:29 AM
bump.. I made a promise to myself to wear my Ron Paul shirt every single day (that I could help) until the general election.. More and more as the days go by, people will come up to ME and ask about him.. It's great!!

jblosser
01-27-2008, 03:52 AM
If you do this make sure you are getting phone numbers of anyone you get to vote for him so you can make sure they do vote. Don't leave it up to them, they will forget, and the time you spent won't have gotten votes.