PDA

View Full Version : Don't give up-read this news

Sarge
01-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Need to hang in there, if this is correct.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpolitics/20080117/cm_rcp/notes_on_the_primary_campaign

Keep hitting it on the ground. They are running out of money and many state votes coming up yet.

Kotin
01-17-2008, 03:32 PM
hahahaha, good news man.

raiha
01-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Perhaps HQ DID, in fact, anticipate this?

RoyalShock
01-17-2008, 03:40 PM
From the linked article:

4. How much longer can the news media afford to cover 8 campaigns? There are five Republican presidential campaigns and 3 presidential Democratic campaigns. This was not in the budget. The number has to be reduced, just on a cost basis. So adios John Edwards, for sure. And adios two of the five GOPers after South Carolina, for sure. They're simply too expensive to carry on the books for another month.

Really? Only five Republican campaigns?

Uggghhh!!!!!

stevedasbach
01-17-2008, 03:42 PM
From the linked article:

Uggghhh!!!!!

Only five that the media is covering.

ryvin1
01-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Maybe the choice to not cover paul is something the media is choosing to do together to prevent spending more money then it needs to. They all agree to not cover paul in hopes to save money because they decide he can't win and don't want to waste the $$$ in their eyes.

Sarge
01-17-2008, 04:01 PM
The media will be forced to cover us if we can hang in long enough to make the others drop out for lack of money.

The money bomb becomes even more important to keep us in until they are flat broke.

The longer we stay in the more Dr. Paul gets the word out. He needs to keep hitting on the economy and the Fed. The market keeps tanking and the Fed will print more money.

Check out CNN right now. Video of problems being caught on tape.

JMann
01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Romney's not only broke he is 10 million in debt.

Cyclone
01-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Push MLK day as hard as you can. We have to get Paul more money!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-17-2008, 04:20 PM
The media will be forced to cover us if we can hang in long enough to make the others drop out for lack of money.

Sorry, but I disagree. They've all made it clear that they'll ignore us no matter what. That article is about how broke everyone is. There's one candidate that's not broke. If they weren't willfully ignoring us to the nth degree, Paul's fundraising would be mentioned there. Instead, Paul is the person you can't lose to and be "serious." This is encouraging news, but don't ever expect media coverage, and especially not fair media coverage. Sheesh... he broke the all time one day fundraising record. That would deserve a mention in that article.

I don't care if it comes down to Paul and Romney. They'll act like Romney's running unopposed. Bet on it.

That's exactly why we need to do the work on the ground.

JMann
01-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Sorry, but I disagree. They've all made it clear that they'll ignore us no matter what. That article is about how broke everyone is. There's one candidate that's not broke. If they weren't willfully ignoring us to the nth degree, Paul's fundraising would be mentioned there. Instead, Paul is the person you can't lose to and be "serious." This is encouraging news, but don't ever expect media coverage, and especially not fair media coverage. Sheesh... he broke the all time one day fundraising record. That would deserve a mention in that article.

I don't care if it comes down to Paul and Romney. They'll act like Romney's running unopposed. Bet on it.

That's exactly why we need to do the work on the ground.

I wouldn't be sure that Paul won't start getting some coverage if he starts doing a little better and some other candidates drop out. The reporters need to have something to do. We will have to wait and see but once it is down to 3 candidates and if Paul is one of them they will give some coverage if he doing better than single digits.

affa
01-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Maybe the choice to not cover paul is something the media is choosing to do together to prevent spending more money then it needs to. They all agree to not cover paul in hopes to save money because they decide he can't win and don't want to waste the $$$ in their eyes.

Ron Paul gets ratings.

The idea that they lose money covering this campaign is bull. They MAKE money with controversy. The news makes money hand over fist with every war, with every Katrina, every 911, with anything and everything that gets viewers attention.

This whole election cycle is a windfall for them.

They are not covering Paul, but it's not because he doesn't earn eyeballs.

JDouglasFisher
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Don't you get it.. Ron Paul is applying Ronald Reagans philosophy that he used to beat the soviets: OUT SPEND THEM...

It all figures now, 20 million from 4th quarter to be used on Super Tuesday, with the next 23 million afterwards..

It all figures now for sure,

Romney might be wealthy, but stupidity didn't get him his riches. He might be willing to write a check, but not for the full amount needed (40 Million).

We have our work cut out for us, thats for sure.

But we can win..

JDF

JDF

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-17-2008, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't be sure that Paul won't start getting some coverage if he starts doing a little better and some other candidates drop out. The reporters need to have something to do. We will have to wait and see but once it is down to 3 candidates and if Paul is one of them they will give some coverage if he doing better than single digits.

Based on past experience, I'm so sure, I'm not anticipating it. Not at all.

We've achieved a lot of things by thinking we would someday get reasonable media coverage. Waiting on other candidates to drop out doesn't even serve that purpose.

bolidew
01-17-2008, 04:38 PM
The KEY of success for Super Tuesday: Grassroots!!!

Paulites will rule!

WilliamC
01-17-2008, 04:42 PM
From the article

3. South Carolina is the last state where we will see campaign organizations. After South Carolina, the rest of the campaign will be on television and on the Internet. There is no way to "organize" 17 states that are having primaries on the same day. And with all of the campaigns so short on cash, every available dollar must necessarily go toward media advertising. So paid media and unpaid media (news media coverage) will determine, to a large degree, the outcome of the race.

This is where the grassroots need to step up and Get Out The Vote!

We have the organization on the ground, they don't!

Too bad we don't have the internet vote ;)

xxxander
01-17-2008, 04:47 PM
bump

Cleaner44
01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
From the linked article:

Uggghhh!!!!!

6 if you count Thompson but I wouldn't. :D