PDA

View Full Version : DailyPaul.com - Daytona 500

riprvw
01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Here is a very good Read on dailypaul.com about adds on a car for the Daytona 500.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/26580

Montpelerin
01-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Blimp - Outstanding idea. NASCAR fans are well known for their brand loyalty.

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 02:49 PM
This is awesome, and one of the best ideas i've heard.

And I would definetly get Big Daddy Don Garlits involved if possible since he is such a big Ron Paul supporter.

surf
01-17-2008, 03:21 PM
you know, only American rednecks could think 4 hours of ugly sedan cars driving in a circle was fun to watch - week after week....

but - if it's really as little as $20k to $30k for a bumper - i think this is the best idea since Roy Jones Jr. we need to be on the driver's hat (and maybe a shoulder strap) as well :)

my .02: i'd bet a chipin would fill fast. hope it happens.

riprvw
01-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Just Heard Back From First Team!
On January 17th, 2008 97nascar says:

This email is actually from Carl Long, a Nextel Cup driver himself!

Carl has been running in and out of the series for a while. I'll post the email he sent but to sum it up it sounds like he is willing to give us his entire Sprint Cup, NationWide Busch Series, and Craftsman Truck series race cars/trucks for Speedweeks for only $200,000. He noted that he researched Ron Paul and liked his ideas. I guess i'll let you guys read the email. He is GUARANTEED to run in at least one cup race on the Thursday before the Daytona 500, the races are called the Gatorade Twin 150s. These are qualifying races that are televised. The small teams get a lot of attention because it determines who gets to race in the Daytona 500. Its the best time to sponsor a small team. This does seem like a steal of a deal. Let me know what you guys think. Here is the email.

Ryan,

I am pleased to see you have the vision to see the benefit of nascar in advertising Mr. Paul. I am known as the guy who does more with less throughout the nascar garage. I have become one of the most trusted and well liked independent racers anywhere. I have the ability to become a spokesperson for Mr. Paul in many series of racing. I compete in NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide, Craftsman Truck, ARCA Remax & the short track series of Hooters Pro-cup.
To campaign for Mr. Paul it will show the public here is a person supporting the average guy(team). With all the big money in racing you have chosen me!! The hardworking racer,small business owner and father of four that never gives up. I know I can compete and win against the big time heavily funded teams just like the battle Mr. Paul is going to have. You have an idea of the type of exposure you will receive just from Daytona. I can help you get 10 times this amount by carrying you on my own campaign in the different series I will run, going to the different tracks like Vegas, and Bristol then the short track Hooters series. I can campaign hard all the way to the end by just being me. I have the ability to get tv and radio interviews via speed channel, ESPN the john boy and Billy radio network, satellite radio and others that will start wanting to here my story of supporting Mr. Paul. I also have in place a deal where I am going to race a black driver in some NASCAR Nationwide series races. His name is Chris Bristol, I am going to prepare the car and coach him a few races if we can generate the money. I see a very positive way to help me race and appeal to democrats and republicans who have nobody they feel comfortable in supporting for president!!
I am so heavily involved in my racing, I have overlooked the foundation on which Mr. Paul stands and have not paid attention to politics so far this year but after this e-mail I researched him a little and I believe this is a person I can support. In a situation like this I must know all I can about what he stands for, truly believing in what he is doing in order to sell him to the public. I will need your help in understanding all I can about his campaign as if I was the candidate because I would not want to damage his chances of being elected!!
The major thing is money. My wife and I's company Motorsports Buisness Management will handle the incoming checks. I drive for various teams, most racing out of their own pocket. I know the cost of racing before all the profit is taken. I will get you as many races in as many places as possible for whatever budget can be developed. Daytona in cup sells for $350k per team average. For $200k I can advertise Mr. Paul, with me driving in Sprint cup, Nationwide, and Craftsman Truck all three at Daytona for the one price with competitive teams!! This is just one example of doing business with me. I may be in a Dodge then a Ford or Toyota and Chevy I have the ability to do all!!!
I have sent this E-mail to my wife Danielle and my most trusted friend and racing partner Jim Robbins
Thank You
Carl Long