PDA

View Full Version : Test matches voter to Ron Paul but she refuses to vote for him

hawks4ronpaul
01-17-2008, 01:53 PM
The Talk of the Nation radio show discussed online quizzes that find your candidate based on your answers.

A caller said that her views clearly matched Ron Paul by a wide margin but she will not vote for him because "his" views are too "far out"--even though those are her views too.

She is planning on voting for Edwards or Obama even though they barely match her views.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

literatim
01-17-2008, 01:53 PM
It is what you call double think.

RonPaulFTFW
01-17-2008, 01:54 PM
voters brainwashed by the msm.

hello america!

kojirodensetsu
01-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Too radical? I thought people wanted change? I guess not.

Redmenace
01-17-2008, 02:09 PM
People really don't want change, instead they seek to tilt the status quo in their favor and call it change.

Swmorgan77
01-17-2008, 02:09 PM
The Talk of the Nation radio show discussed online quizzes that find your candidate based on your answers.

A caller said that her views clearly matched Ron Paul by a wide margin but she will not vote for him because "his" views are too "far out"--even though those are her views too.

She is planning on voting for Edwards or Obama even though they barely match her views.

This is exactly why we are in so much trouble.

Rintrah54
01-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Your average person sees things they hate all around them........but change is just too darn scary isnt it....

piotr1
01-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Thats almost as bad as something I heard on the radio yesterday. Some 20 year veteran was bashing McCain and Romney. He said he respected Paul on his stance on the constitution and then out of nowhere said he was going to vote for Huckabee even though he hated his alot of things about him.

hawks4ronpaul
01-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Too radical? I thought people wanted change? I guess not.

They want to change people, not policies.

Next year it will be Obama bombing the Middle East and Americans will bask in their change.

JonathanR
01-17-2008, 02:16 PM
And that's exactly the type of talk that most politicians love to hear: people who won't even listen to their own thoughts.

InLoveWithRon
01-17-2008, 02:19 PM
dumb bitch

Goldwater Conservative
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
So she's been brainwashed into fearing and distrusting herself? Wow. I don't think the powers that be could have hoped for more.

WATYF
01-17-2008, 02:26 PM
People really don't want change, instead they seek to tilt the status quo in their favor and call it change.
bravo... well put.

This kind of situation is exactly what I was talking about in this post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=985487&postcount=51). Something about how Ron Paul was initially presented to her turned her off to him (probably irreparably).

This is why it's so important for us focus all of our energy on projecting the elements of Ron Paul's message that people can accept. Not by "lying" or "hiding" what we really stand for, but by making it a point not to beat them over the head with things that will turn them off to Ron Paul (i.e. conspiracy theories, outspoken anti-war raving, rude public confrontations, etc).

Because in this case, we have a voter who would love to have Ron Paul as president (as evidenced by her views) but her brain won't let her make that choice, because he's already been painted in a negative light in her mind.

Granted, the case of this voter probably isn't the result of something done by an RP supporter, but rather the way the media portrays him, but since we don't have control over the media, the best we can do is reach as many people with a positive initial impression.

WATYF

Rhys
01-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, my roomate is voting for Obama cause he's "charismatic and I like him." Although she's worried "because he doesn't have enough experience".

The MSM is very good at what they do, however what they do is group-think and marketing to the lowest common denominator... it's not a conspiracy.

edit: i should mention she works for Clear Channel... it goes to show they hire people who think like them, not pay people to think like them.

JMann
01-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Falls in line with voters that want to end the war in exit polls skew to McCain.

enjerth
01-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Sometimes, you gotta be a bad guy to get the love.

I never understood it, but I know it's for real. I've been dumped by a girl who was attracted to a scum-bag for no apparent reason. Who hasn't?

I hope Ron Paul can take the gloves off and get a little bit dirty.

JMann
01-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah, my roomate is voting for Obama cause he's "charismatic and I like him." Although she's worried "because he doesn't have enough experience".

The MSM is very good at what they do, however what they do is group-think and marketing to the lowest common denominator... it's not a conspiracy.

edit: i should mention she works for Clear Channel... it goes to show they hire people who think like them, not pay people to think like them.

If we could only get the MSM to point out the real O!. A Marxist that attends a church with a bigoted preacher that belittles white people.

Jesubub
01-17-2008, 02:44 PM
It is what you call double think.

Nope, it's zero-think.

constitutional
01-17-2008, 02:46 PM
sad. sad.

realist
01-17-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure why this puzzles so many... yes- people want change, but they are also very afraid of change. It is thus logical that presenting change in large doses can have counter effects. Our policies surely represent the largest doses of change of any candidate, and this intimidates many, and causes others to be incredulous.

AisA1787
01-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Yes, of course people want change. But they've been taught that change should be easy, painless, and fun.

I make the analogy to weight loss. Lots of Americans want to lose weight just like they want "change", but they don't want to stop eating junk food and start exercising. They'd much rather pop a diet pill they see advertised on TV. Barack Obama is that diet pill: a convenient, well-packaged agent of change -- results are "guaranteed" and no work required!

Ron Paul is that crazy old doctor who tells people they need to eat healthy and exercise to lose weight. Screw that! Man is that guy annoying. Hasn't he ever heard of diet pills? They're so much easier...

WATYF
01-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, of course people want change. But they've been taught that change should be easy, painless, and fun.

I make the analogy to weight loss. Lots of Americans want to lose weight just like they want "change", but they don't want to stop eating junk food and start exercising. They'd much rather pop a diet pill they see advertised on TV. Barack Obama is that diet pill: a convenient, well-packaged agent of change -- results are "guaranteed" and no work required!

Ron Paul is that crazy old doctor who tells people they need to eat healthy and exercise to lose weight. Screw that! Man is that guy annoying. Hasn't he ever heard of diet pills? They're so much easier...
haha... the perfect analogy.

WATYF

WATYF
01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure why this puzzles so many... yes- people want change, but they are also very afraid of change. It is thus logical that presenting change in large doses can have counter effects. Our policies surely represent the largest doses of change of any candidate, and this intimidates many, and causes others to be incredulous.

Absolute truth.

This is why you have to be careful when presenting the Ron Paul message. Try not to overwhelm them with the myriad of things that RP will abolish and completely turn upside-down. Most people just can't handle that.

WATYF

Jeremy
01-17-2008, 03:16 PM
this is typical

This is like a video I saw from the washington post...

Some girl said she liked Huckabee and then she said she thinks there should be less taxes.... ROFL!!!

Guymontag
01-17-2008, 03:20 PM
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

-Winston Churchill

N13
01-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Bush and Cheney have convinced her that Republican = Evil.

jmdrake
01-17-2008, 03:27 PM

Obama, Edwards and Clinton have changed positions so much that really nobody matches them. When will the antiwar left wake up and realize all three top democratic candidates refused to promise to get out of Iraq even by 2013?

Regards,

John M. Drake