PDA

View Full Version : Can A Precinct Captain Answer This For Me?

ninepointfive
01-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Do you get the information, INCLUDING the addresses of all the registered republicans in your Precinct?

I am strongly considering canvassing my neighborhood, and I figure at this point in the game I need to spend my money to buy slimjims and only target Republicans.

This eliminates the time, effort, and money leaving them on a democrat door.

WilliamC
01-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Yes, names, addresses, phone numbers, and information as to specific issues of importance to the person.

That's why there are so many types of slim jims, so you can target your audience.

Thanks for signing up!

ninepointfive
01-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Well then I have nothing further left to do other than sign up for a precinct captain and do this!

Instead of donating $50 on MLK day, I'm going to buy slimjims and go target the Registered Republicans!

AlexMerced
01-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah I was doing phone canvassing today, it takes a few call to warm up but once you going, your going

JonathanR
01-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Yes! Sign up! You won't regret it!

crazyfacedjenkins
What was preventing you from signing up and seeing all this for yourself?

Jae0
Well then I have nothing further left to do other than sign up for a precinct captain and do this!

Instead of donating $50 on MLK day, I'm going to buy slimjims and go target the Registered Republicans!

Thank you for signing up!

romeshomey
01-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Do you get the information, INCLUDING the addresses of all the registered republicans in your Precinct?

I am strongly considering canvassing my neighborhood, and I figure at this point in the game I need to spend my money to buy slimjims and only target Republicans.

This eliminates the time, effort, and money leaving them on a democrat door.

Yes, you can print out walking lists and phone lists of everypone in your precinct. They're party affiliation is listed.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-17-2008, 01:43 PM

Keep up the good work! Do donate something on MLK day though, the number of donors is as important as the total amount of money raised. Just donate 5-10 $.

jenninlouisiana
01-17-2008, 01:48 PM
And on my list, they organized it by streets...

It couldn't be any easier....

Jae0
01-17-2008, 01:49 PM
And sometime there are a few people living at the same address so the list isnt as daunting as it looks.

cac1963
01-17-2008, 01:49 PM

You get a list with alot of names and addresses in your precinct, but no indication whether they're dem/republican or even registered voters.

cac1963
01-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Yes, you can print out walking lists and phone lists of everypone in your precinct. They're party affiliation is listed.

I see no party affiliation of any kind listed on my precinct lists. Does it vary by state depending on whether primaries are open or closed?

bucfish
01-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Sign up Everyone that can it will make your job a lot easier and really give you an awesome new direction!!!

jenninlouisiana
01-17-2008, 01:53 PM
You get a list with alot of names and addresses in your precinct, but no indication whether they're dem/republican or even registered voters.

I was told it is "registered republicans"...

cac1963
01-17-2008, 01:54 PM
I was told it is "registered republicans"...

Well I know that's a lie, because nearly everyone on my list that I recognize is a Democrat.

Eponym_mi
01-17-2008, 01:54 PM
If your state is an open primary, don't ignore people from other parties! You might get a few converts!

cac1963
01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
If your state is an open primary, don't ignore people from other parties! You might get a few converts!

I'm not ignoring anybody, but it would be nice to know exactly who is on this list because if they're not registered to vote, the registration deadline has passed and I don't need to waste my time trying to convert them. Nobody can give me a clear answer who is on this list, whether it's all registered voters or not. It appears to be a general population list of every household in my precinct.

I'd like some clarification to help narrow it down a bit so we're not wasting time with people who aren't qualified to participate.