PDA

View Full Version : Republican Youtube/CNN Debates

cujothekitten
07-26-2007, 08:59 PM
They're coming up and accepting questions for the candidates. What are you going to ask?

The second CNN/YouTube debate will feature the Republican candidates in St. Petersburg, Florida on September 17.

Submit your question at http://youtube.com/contest/RepublicanDebate

Then tune in to watch your questions broadcast and answered LIVE on CNN on September 17!

Guidelines:

* Be original -- choose your own approach.

* Be personal -- your perspective is important.

* Choose your focus -- you can address one or all of the candidates.

* Keep it quick -- your question should be less than 30 seconds.

* Make it look good -- speak loudly and keep that camera steady.

* Provide context -- in your question or video description, include your name and home town.

* Please note -- all videos are subject to the YouTube terms of use.

To see what happened in the Democratic debate, go to www.youtube.com/debates

For more information on the candidates go to http://www.youtube.com/youchoose

For a look at politics on YouTube, go to http://youtube.com/citizentube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nc-extT4ZEg

kylejack
07-26-2007, 09:03 PM
I was thinking about what I'd ask Dr. Paul, but I decided something else would be better.

"Mr. Giuliani, Dr. Ron Paul gave you a reading assignment. Have you read any of those books? Can you now say that you have heard of what the CIA refers to as "blowback"?

cujothekitten
07-26-2007, 10:13 PM
I just watched all 137 submissions and so far the Ron Paul questions revolve around the IRS. There are a few that have the possibility of being picked so I suggest submitting a couple different questions. Also, you might want to submit questions that are open for all the candidates. Some subjects that are lacking:

Medical marijuana
Eminent domain
Civil Liberties (maybe ask them if they'll withdraw the orders bush has enacted)
States rights
The increasing size of the government

lbrtylvr
07-26-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm not so good with the computer but here is an idea for one that some one can use.

Posed to either Romney or Guilani.

Sir, In your opinion what is your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment and why do you believe the founders included it in the Bill of Rights?

Razmear
07-26-2007, 10:24 PM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/07/26/but_dont_ask_him_on_youtube_1.html?nav=rss_email/components

Only Ron Paul and John McCain have commited to this debate.

Says Willard:
In an interview Wednesday with the Manchester (N.H.) Union Leader, Romney said he's not a fan of the CNN/YouTube format. Referring to the video of a snowman asking the Democratic candidates about global warming, Romney quipped, "I think the presidency ought to be held at a higher level than having to answer questions from a snowman."

eb

angrydragon
07-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Someone should ask why Ron Paul endorsed Ronald Reagan for President.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Someone should ask why Ron Paul endorsed Ronald Reagan for President.

Why?

SWATH
07-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm not so good with the computer but here is an idea for one that some one can use.

Posed to either Romney or Guilani.

Sir, In your opinion what is your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment and why do you believe the founders included it in the Bill of Rights?

That would be good for Ron Paul too.

cujothekitten
07-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Trick questions are good too:

Gun violence is out of control in the united states these days, what kind of gun control will you bring to the table if you are elected president?

What measures are you willing to implement to keep us safe from terrorism? Tighter security? More police checks? National ID? Can you give us an idea of your plans for safety?

Stuff like that.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Someone should as Thommy Thompson what he has been up to while on the board of directors of Verichip.

brumans
07-26-2007, 10:51 PM
We should all make a video question asking Ron Paul something

Ron Paul Fan
07-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Someone should ask the candidates to say bad things about each other and where all of the candidate's kids went to school because these are very important questions that America needs to solve quickly.

Seriously now, I'd like to see a question asking Dr. Paul to address his plan for health care in one of these debates. I don't think he's gotten a chance to do this and it's a big issue in America today.

michaelwise
07-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Can someone please ask; How long will it take, after you are Inaugurated as President, to build a boarder fence and secure the boarder?

michaelwise
07-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Can someone please ask; How long will it take, after you are Inaugurated as President, to build a boarder fence and secure the boarder?

Dito.

Slugg
07-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Seriously now, I'd like to see a question asking Dr. Paul to address his plan for health care in one of these debates. I don't think he's gotten a chance to do this and it's a big issue in America today.

YES YES YES YES YES and YES!!!!

The question should be worded something like this:
"Do we have a free market health care system at the moment? And if not, in what ways can we de-regulate our health care market to create a more competitive health care system? And, will this actually translate into lower prices for the poor?"

michaelwise
07-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Dito.

Dito.

michaelwise
07-27-2007, 12:54 AM

Dito.

michaelwise
07-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Could someone ask; Our current health care system makes many people economic slaves to their jobs. They cannot easily move around, for fear of loosing their insurance benefits. Much of the capitol is wasted on administrative costs and corporate profits. My question is this; Would you be opposed to a constitutional amendment that would provide for universal health care, in a similar way as the constitution provides for national defense?

Swmorgan77
07-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Someone should as Thommy Thompson what he has been up to while on the board of directors of Verichip.

I believe wearechange.org confronted Thompson about this.

fletcher
07-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I think immigration and health care are the most important issues for Dr. Paul to talk about.

michaelwise
07-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I think immigration and health care are the most important issues for Dr. Paul to talk about.

I don't see how they can cancel the Youtube debate. CNN continues to advertise the event.

Sir VotesALot
07-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Bush will probably hold another spur-of-the-moment press conference on the White House lawn and it will be cancelled due to "national emergency".

Starks
07-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Neocons hate tough questions and hate facing their constituents... The Youtube debate will be extremely painful since they won't be able to invoke Cheney-ism and avoid the questions.

Original_Intent
07-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Sure they will. Watch Mitt go to the old "America's future will be greater than her past" well one more time.

Starks
07-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Sure they will. Watch Mitt go to the old "America's future will be greater than her past" well one more time.

Random talking point + Terrorism = Happy sheep

Hurricane Bruiser
07-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I would steer clear of marijuana for this debate. I completely agree with ending the war on drugs but this early in the primary I'm not sure if it needs to be front and center. Maybe it should... I don't know.

Immigration has been beaten to death.

I would like to see the issue of Campaign finance reform discussed and how it relates to the 1st Amendment. That issue is a thorn in the side of McCain and would show a good constitutional side to RP.

Who knows?

james1906
07-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Neocons hate tough questions and hate facing their constituents... The Youtube debate will be extremely painful since they won't be able to invoke Cheney-ism and avoid the questions.

yeah, if i want catch phrases, i'll see the simpsons movie. double guantanamo...d'oh!