PDA

View Full Version : I know it was only a joke, but...

jgmaynard
01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
...it may... WORK!

wouldn't it be funny (and profitable for Ron) if we got a list of people who will each donate $1-10 to Ron's campaign each time, during a debate, that any of the following happen:

Rudy says "9/11" or "September 11th"

McCain says "my friend[s]"

Huckabee mentions God

Romney mentions he is a businessman (without mentioning the Bain Capital mess)

Thompson uses a dumb "more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs" type comment

or

The interviewer asks Paul if he will run 3rd Party.

I know what you're saying - "We'll all be broke!" True, but think of how much money the campaign will have. :)

JM

mosquitobite
01-17-2008, 12:49 PM
LOL! Kinda like a drinking game! ;)

Azprint
If you donated every time Ron says constitution you would be broke in a month :P

UtahApocalypse
$10 when RP says Constitution.

jgmaynard
01-17-2008, 12:56 PM
$10 when RP says Constitution.

LOL... That would be a good one too - I can imagine Paul, leaning over his podium, saying "Cons...ti...." and scared looks coming across the rest of their faces... :D

JM

mcgraw_wv
01-17-2008, 12:57 PM
I pledge to donate $1 X Constitution after each debate...

You'll be looking at 20 - 30 dollars... Affordable, effective... and fun.

ShowMeLiberty
01-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I pledge to donate $1 X Constitution after each debate...

You'll be looking at 20 - 30 dollars... Affordable, effective... and fun.

Now that I could do! :)

And 50 cents for each of the other things mentioned in the OP (great list, BTW) ;)

jgmaynard
01-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Of course tying it to the other candidates andd publicizing it well ahead of time would mean that the other candidates would be watching what they say, and throwing them off-track. Sort of like the old trick of throwing off an opponent's tennis game by asking him/her how they hold their racket right before playing.

JM

mcgraw_wv
01-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Of course tying it to the other candidates andd publicizing it well ahead of time would mean that the other candidates would be watching what they say, and throwing them off-track. Sort of like the old trick of throwing off an opponent's tennis game by asking him/her how they hold their racket right before playing.

JM

This is true...

We could effectively nutuer Romney, and Gulliani...
Every "9/11" gets Ron a dollar...
Every "CEO"

It would be great to report totals after debates, and have people report on the totals we pledge to donate.

It would be great, by May they will be saying, watch what you say... your just going to give Ron more money...

Just keep it to around 20 - 30 dollars...or people wont be able to afford it.

mosquitobite
01-17-2008, 01:09 PM
This is true...

We could effectively nutuer Romney, and Gulliani...
Every "9/11" gets Ron a dollar...
Every "CEO"

It would be great to report totals after debates, and have people report on the totals we pledge to donate.

It would be great, by May they will be saying, watch what you say... your just going to give Ron more money...

Just keep it to around 20 - 30 dollars...or people wont be able to afford it.

I think we keep it to the debates. $1 or $.50 for each time the opponent says the stuff on the list.

If many people do it, it could be big numbers even with just $.50 each!

mcgraw_wv
01-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Sounds good to me...
We need someone to set up a blog / web site that explain the rules, and reports the totals after a debate...

Something that can advertise what were doing, and how to do it!

gilliganscorner
01-17-2008, 01:17 PM
I like it.

How about we all donate 10$ every day when we read MSM reporting Thompson and Guiliani's failing campaigns, but never mentioning Ron Paul's successful one?

Just a thought ;)

mcgraw_wv
01-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I like it.

How about we all donate 10$ every day when we read MSM reporting Thompson and Guiliani's failing campaigns, but never mentioning Ron Paul's successful one?

Just a thought ;)

Its boring...

I like haing a site dedicated to tracking what the candidate say at the debates... it feels more eventful.

acptulsa
01-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Just make sure everyone knows. If the Other Five are afraid to use their cliches for fear of Dr. Paul getting money for it, they might actually talk about the issues instead. Then we're sure to win!

jgmaynard
01-17-2008, 11:48 PM
I like ALL the comments! Thanks, folks!!!

I'm a web designer, so I can set up the site (I already have a great name), I will do my darndest to get it up ASAP.

Of course, after each debate, we can release press releases out saying "Mitt Romney raises $160,000 for Ron Paul" type of thing. :D

JM

electronicmaji
01-17-2008, 11:56 PM
$10 every time a candidate mentions terrorism out of context.

RCRanger03
01-18-2008, 12:02 AM
i vote yes because this is exactly the thing that a show like the Daily Show will pick up, because it would be hilarious.

Marc3579
01-18-2008, 12:04 AM
I think the Daily Show would pick it up, or the Colbert Report would pick it up and run with it.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-18-2008, 12:10 AM
I think the McCain thing should be: "I saved taxpayers (amount increases each time) on that Boeing tanker deal."

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 12:11 AM
It'd be great to see the Daily Show or Cobert cover this. It'd be great. :)

I just love the idea that somebody like McCain will know that if he will be giving $37,491 or whatever any time he says "my friends" :D

JM

FreedomWins
01-18-2008, 12:12 AM
I love this clip of Rudy. He would have nothing to say if not for a couple words he uses in every sentence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSk4SUpWVuY

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Yeah, listening to Rudy always reminds me of when Lois on Family Guy ran for schoolboard and found she could get all the town behind her just by saying "9/11" :D

JM

jlaker
01-18-2008, 01:53 AM
i vote yes because this is exactly the thing that a show like the Daily Show will pick up, because it would be hilarious.

I'm in lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
OK then - that means we are ON!!!

So - here's the announcement of a banner contest for this - I'm pretty open to ideas, I'd like something not too large, say 175x175 or 360x240 or something like that.

No requirements, color or otherwise. I may even design the site colors around the banner colors!

I also think it would be great if the banner gave a quick idea about what the contest is really about. But I'm open to ideas. :)

JM

rollingpig
01-18-2008, 12:39 PM
dont forget these:
fred: "uh......"
rudy: "the reality is...."

texasbelle
01-18-2008, 12:43 PM
great idea!!!! :) :)

DealzOnWheelz
01-18-2008, 12:44 PM
How bout every time they Laugh at ROn we donate too

If you are going to do SIngle dollar of $0.50 donations make sure you wait till then end of the debate and lump it all together if we donated $1 the campaign would get SLAMMED on credit card processing charges

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah, yeah. They will all be tallied in together, and I do think it's important that we try to keep it in the $30-40 range for people. Of course, don't let me stop you from donating another dollar for each time we get a "Uh.." from FT, Rolling, or when they laugh at him, Dealz. I figure I'll have a sheet on the website that people can print off that will allow them to keep track. :)

BTW, I just got the domain name: www.ronpauldebategame.com :D

JM

amy31416
01-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I like ALL the comments! Thanks, folks!!!

I'm a web designer, so I can set up the site (I already have a great name), I will do my darndest to get it up ASAP.

Of course, after each debate, we can release press releases out saying "Mitt Romney raises $160,000 for Ron Paul" type of thing. :D

JM

I LOVE this idea! It appeals to the drinking game crowd, makes us pay attention and think of the press it could get if it got big! Not to mention the money the campaign gets.

Love, love, love it!

I'm on board! But I don't have cable or satellite TV, so I can't watch many of the debates, you YouTubers will have to help me out.

This could also be great for meetup groups to have the debates as an event at a person's house, like the freakin' super bowl.

GREAT IDEA! Props to the OP!

amy31416
01-18-2008, 01:00 PM

JM

Absolutely true. As soon as the site is close to being done, I'll publicize it to all the meetup groups and get this dugg.

We may also need a video to publicize on YouTube--any video-making people around?

It reminds me of a quote I use often: "It's so crazy, it just might work!"

Good stuff JM.

ThomasJ
01-18-2008, 01:20 PM
posting in an epic thread.

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 01:43 PM
OK then - that means we are ON!!!

So - here's the announcement of a banner contest for this - I'm pretty open to ideas, I'd like something not too large, say 175x175 or 360x240 or something like that.

No requirements, color or otherwise. I may even design the site colors around the banner colors!

I also think it would be great if the banner gave a quick idea about what the contest is really about. But I'm open to ideas. :)

JM

Something based on the old dating game set would be cool.

http://changeforronpaul.com/images/datinggame.jpg

I will fiddle with it, but I am weak on graphics still.

comic_man
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
wow! ron paul revolution is sure starting some creativity....

we even have a game now...

and i have created my Ron Paul comics...

see them here....

Ron Paul Stand on the Issues...
http://comiqs.com/comics/Pu74r3FCciy/

Grassroot supporters...
http://comiqs.com/comics/KifvRzk26Jx/

Assassination Attempt...
http://comiqs.com/comics/LcIWw9KnZJF/

Ron Paul Halted the Invasion on Iran
http://comiqs.com/comics/FUctIrb3cmc/

The last 2 are quite provocative!

Do forward the comics that you think are appropriate.

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 02:12 PM
http://changeforronpaul.com/images/datinggame.jpg

Wow... That little guy looks like Dennis Kucinich... :D

JM

MarcMadness
01-18-2008, 02:14 PM
If we all pledge to donate the tally (and also make a fun drinking game out of it for those that choose) this could be huge!

I actually played the McCain 'my friends' game with a friend during one of his speeches recently and I think that alone could net a good 20-30 bucks based on how drunk I am. I never knew SO many people were his friends!

ShowMeLiberty
01-18-2008, 02:19 PM
I am completely loving this concept! :D

thegr8drronpaul
01-18-2008, 02:20 PM

JM

lol hahahahahahaha... What a great idea and thanks for putting this into action!

There are some great people/ideas on these forums :)

Question_Authority
01-18-2008, 02:21 PM
How bout every time they Laugh at ROn we donate too

If you are going to do SIngle dollar of $0.50 donations make sure you wait till then end of the debate and lump it all together if we donated $1 the campaign would get SLAMMED on credit card processing charges

$20 per laugh. That's a motivator, eh?

Question_Authority
01-18-2008, 02:23 PM
$1 Every time Romney says something about "strengthening families". God, I hate that. Like it is the government's job to strengthen families. Whatever the hell that means.

MarcMadness
01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
blimpin this cuz its a great idea for a mini money bomb.

Maybe focus on the Jan 30th debate at the Reagan Library? One last dose of funds before 2/5? It'll give us time to get a website up and make it viral.

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 03:13 PM
All the debates get this treatment, whether Paul is invited or not. :D

JM

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 03:16 PM
http://changeforronpaul.com/images/debategame.jpg

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 03:20 PM
That's GREAT, Jim! I LIKE it! :D

JM

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
I thought the name of the site was going to be RonPaulDebatingGame, that's why it reminded me of the dating game. But after I was all done, I noticed I was wrong, so... I had to make some fixes.

oops. :D

crink
01-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Awesome!

thomaseusin
01-18-2008, 03:40 PM
This is so crazy..

Count me in!

RCRanger03
01-18-2008, 03:43 PM
wait is it up or is that just a banner

we should try and get this up and running and talked about before the next big time debate which is the 30th i believe

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Ah, I see where you go the idea, Jim. Pretty clever.

we should try and get this up and running and talked about before the next big time debate which is the 30th i believe

Not up yet, but I'll have it up soon, so

Zatsa za plan, son... :D

JM

thomaseusin
01-18-2008, 03:55 PM

Correction Jan 24th is next debate.

Jan 24 The Carol and Barry Kaye Performing Arts Auditorium, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
NBC Debate 9:00 EST

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 03:55 PM
I can refine that banner if it's something you want to use. I will get some better flowers, use some better contrasting colors, and get the curving of the text right.

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Actually, that would be great, but I just upped the color saturation and the contrast on it to bring out that 70s look. :D
God - now I'm tempted to use "Debating game" just as a "hook" but that would mean I just threw away $10... Waaaah! ;)

JM

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Actually, that would be great, but I just upped the color saturation and the contrast on it to bring out that 70s look. :D
God - now I'm tempted to use "Debating game" just as a "hook" but that would mean I just threw away $10... Waaaah! ;)

JM

It's never a wasted $10. Just use both domains, in case someone gets the name wrong. :)

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 04:07 PM
OK, OK, !)@^^# it! I just got RonPaulDebatingGame.com - may as well work with the logo :)

JM

FreeTraveler
01-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Ron Paul to Rudy:

"Everytime you say '9-11', I get another $10,000 in campaign donations."

:D:D:D:D:D

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 04:13 PM
OK, OK, !)@^^# it! I just got RonPaulDebatingGame.com - may as well work with the logo :)

JM

OK, I'm gonna eat something and then get right on it. :)

LynnB
01-18-2008, 04:27 PM

JM

Does one of the women look like his wife?

mcgraw_wv
01-18-2008, 04:30 PM
http://changeforronpaul.com/images/debategame.jpg

Fade out the BG a little... use differnt colors fot he Text, more contrast easier to read.

I'm not a personal fan of the 70's retro look... but it's kinds of cool too... I think a more rin4ron.com design would be fine, a semi news blog style site that reports the count of words...

Displays each candidate with thier "Phrase that Pays" and then the rules...

amy31416
01-18-2008, 04:36 PM
All the debates get this treatment, whether Paul is invited or not. :D

JM

ESPECIALLY if he isn't invited.

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM

If he's not invited, we get the "Daily Double!" and all totals get doubled.

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Ron Paul to Rudy:

"Everytime you say '9-11', I get another $10,000 in campaign donations."

:D:D:D:D:D

Yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeaahhhhhh..... That is what is REALLY gonna annoy the living bajebbas out of them.

OK, I'm gonna eat something and then get right on it. :)

Cool :cool:

Does one of the women look like his wife?

No, I looked, though they are all good-looking.

Fade out the BG a little... use differnt colors fot he Text, more contrast easier to read.

I'm not a personal fan of the 70's retro look... but it's kinds of cool too... I think a more rin4ron.com design would be fine, a semi news blog style site that reports the count of words...

Displays each candidate with thier "Phrase that Pays" and then the rules...

But it's being done like a parody of the old "dating game" so it needs to be retro-70s. It's a play on words about something everyone my age (39) and older remember.

Boo-yeah.

JM

amy31416
01-18-2008, 04:43 PM
If he's not invited, we get the "Daily Double!" and all totals get doubled.

I like the way you think!

ddoggphx
01-18-2008, 04:55 PM
LOVE IT!

Give each candidate two of their phrases that pay, and if they adjust to something new then add that for the next one.

McCain's wink also has to be worth some cash.

And the good doctor should get 50 cents for each point of his pen. :D

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 05:16 PM
LOVE IT!

Give each candidate two of their phrases that pay, and if they adjust to something new then add that for the next one.

McCain's wink also has to be worth some cash.

And the good doctor should get 50 cents for each point of his pen. :D

Yeah, we're trying to hold it down to one thing each so that we'll only be obligated for $30-40 each, but don't let me stop you from throwing in more for those stupid McCain winks or whatever :)

JM

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 06:17 PM
You know, another funny image would be Ron as the bachelor on the set with the rest of them as "bachelorettes" on the other side of the wall. :)

JM

mannycp
01-18-2008, 06:26 PM
love the idea!!!!!!

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 06:29 PM
http://changeforronpaul.com/images/debategame1.jpg

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah, we're trying to hold it down to one thing each so that we'll only be obligated for $30-40 each, but don't let me stop you from throwing in more for those stupid McCain winks or whatever :)

JM

We can always add voluntary bonus quirks. :)

ShowMeLiberty
01-18-2008, 06:33 PM

Niiiiiice. (Not sure about the dunce caps, but otherwise lovin' it) :)

JimInNY

I like the idea of not giving away too much info about the site in the banner. It will make people say, "WTF???" and they'll have to click on it. :D

jbrace
i like your guys style.

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 06:34 PM

I thought they were appropriate. :p

ShowMeLiberty
01-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Hey, JG... Here's a link to the old Dating Game theme song...

http://members.lycos.nl/catchytune/spanflea.mid

PLEASE don't embed it into the page background. A prominent, clickable graphic to play the music will do nicely. :)

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 06:39 PM

OK, without dunce caps too. Which is better?

http://changeforronpaul.com/images/debategame2.jpg http://changeforronpaul.com/images/debategame1.jpg

ShowMeLiberty
01-18-2008, 06:44 PM
OK, without dunce caps too. Which is better?

http://changeforronpaul.com/images/debategame2.jpg http://changeforronpaul.com/images/debategame1.jpg

It's a tough choice, but I'll pick #1.

(Heh - I was going to say "bachelors #1", but none of them are bachelors. :p)

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 06:55 PM
It's a tough choice, but I'll pick #1.

(Heh - I was going to say "bachelors #1", but none of them are bachelors. :p)

Yeah but they are probably all adulterers. hehehe

I think dunce caps will get more attention.

ShowMeLiberty
01-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah but they are probably all adulterers. hehehe

Well there's no question that Rudy is. ;)

voytechs
01-18-2008, 07:01 PM
How about we donate the difference in words spoken between the top who-ever and RP. Say Romney gets to say 400 words and RP 300. Thats $100.

This way the more bias they are the more money RP gets.

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 07:03 PM
How about we donate the difference in words spoken between the top who-ever and RP. Say Romney gets to say 400 words and RP 300. Thats $100.

This way the more bias they are the more money RP gets.

That could be a voluntary bonus quirk.

hambone1982
01-18-2008, 07:03 PM
LOL! Kinda like a drinking game! ;)

Can we drink and donate? This game could be fun (and expensive)! I'm in.

ShowMeLiberty
01-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Can we drink and donate? This game could be fun (and expensive)! I'm in.

For those who imbibe... yes, please, do both! :D

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Geez.... Everybody is suggesting stuff that I have already done - talk about serendipity! :D Everybody's suggestions (except the word thing, which is worthwhile, but not for this project) were completed before you even asked! :)
And I'm gonna go with the "no dunce cap" look - ruins the theme, I think... Though it would be fun to have pics of each of them (maybe to go with what they do to raise money) with a DOH! look on their faces, like they just realized they raised $10,000 for Ron with a slip of their tongue. :) Man, this is evil! I LOVE it!

JM

ShowMeLiberty
01-18-2008, 07:19 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/PH2007072401514.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/fred_thompson250x320.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/506-6web-ROMNEY-2-MCT-861_standalon.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/giulianiSweats.jpg

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
OMG!!! That Rudy pic is SO perfect, you got me laughing so hard, I woke up my gf... :)

JM

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Perfect. But I still like dunce caps. :cool:

amy31416
01-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Perfect. But I still like dunce caps. :cool:

Well then wear whatever your little heart likes, nobody here is stopping you! :D

Just teasing, I don't know which one I like better either. The dunce hats are so obvious as to be almost obnoxious, yet I'm at the point where the opposition has been so rude to Paul, that I say "screw them" when it comes to offense.

But then again, we want to convince supporters of other candidates to support Ron Paul.

I don't know. I used to think I was indecisive, then I changed my mind...

jgmaynard
01-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Oh, I have nothing against offending them, mind you... It's just that I'm LOVING the Dating Game parody and the dunce caps don't fit that. Makes for better comedy without, methinks. :)

JM

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 08:07 PM
My line of thinking was this... it's a banner, and banners have to induce people to click on them. I think the dunce caps add a little incentive.

This is a fund raising site, no? So we're not looking to sell RP to anyone with it, just raise money from supporters, right?

ShowMeLiberty
01-18-2008, 08:13 PM
My line of thinking was this... it's a banner, and banners have to induce people to click on them. I think the dunce caps add a little incentive.

This is a fund raising site, no? So we're not looking to sell RP to anyone with it, just raise money from supporters, right?

You may have a point there. What about clown hats instead? I think the dunce caps just didn't look right with the rest of the graphics. Maybe colorful clown hats would work better? I dunno - I'm just typing out loud.

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Jester hats with bells. lol

I'll fiddle with that tomorrow. gotta hit the sack soon.

RCRanger03
01-18-2008, 09:36 PM
i think it would be funny to have those DOH pictures as little head icon that wiggle or get way bigger when you run your pointer over them. That would make me laugh a little lol just did.

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 08:06 AM
How about a different hat to match each different personality, like Fred could get a jester hat, JulieAnnie could get a nice pink ladies' hat, could we put a nazi helmet on McCain? What about Huck and Romulan?

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 08:36 AM
http://changeforronpaul.com/images/debategame3.jpg

amy31416
01-19-2008, 09:32 AM
How about a different hat to match each different personality, like Fred could get a jester hat, JulieAnnie could get a nice pink ladies' hat, could we put a nazi helmet on McCain? What about Huck and Romulan?

Maybe Huck could have a "pope" hat and Romulan should get a tinfoil one ;)

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Maybe Huck could have a "pope" hat and Romulan should get a tinfoil one ;)

I thought about the pope hat. lol

Didn't want to offend any RP supporters though. :)

amy31416
01-19-2008, 09:37 AM
I thought about the pope hat. lol

Didn't want to offend any RP supporters though. :)

Oh come on, I suspect that most of Paul's Christian supporters are Baptists and likely can't stand the pope ;)

missm
01-19-2008, 10:19 AM
this is a great idea. i'm laughing so hard reading this thread. you guys rock! i'm in.

ShowMeLiberty
01-19-2008, 10:27 AM
http://changeforronpaul.com/images/debategame3.jpg

Definitely go with the pope hat for Huck - if it offends a bunch of people, we can think of something else later.

Romney ... hmmm. I'd kinda like to just see a pancake on his head to represent flip-flopping. :D But to stick with just hats, probably just a regular clown hat unless somebody comes up with something better.

Rudy's hat needs to be a stronger pink - it's hard to see it.

This is really fun! :D

jgmaynard
01-20-2008, 02:53 PM
OK, I had to take some time off of this cause I hurt myself pretty badly a couple days ago, but now that I can reach the computer again... :D

I have the website mostly done, I've decided to use the hatless one for the banner on that site, but I'll have the others available for download for people to link to the site. I also still need a picture of Huck looking like he's just really #((%#) up. :D

JM

ShowMeLiberty
01-20-2008, 04:12 PM
OK, I had to take some time off of this cause I hurt myself pretty badly a couple days ago, but now that I can reach the computer again... :D

I have the website mostly done, I've decided to use the hatless one for the banner on that site, but I'll have the others available for download for people to link to the site. I also still need a picture of Huck looking like he's just really #((%#) up. :D

JM

I went looking for some pics of Huck in a "doh" moment, but mostly all I could find were shots of him looking goofy. What a shock, eh? :D

Here's the best I could come up with:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/0_61_huckabee_mike.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/D8TB4JV00.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/huckabee1.jpg

And the classic doofus look:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/981993616_Huckabee_2008x.jpg

Maybe one of those will work well enough. Take it easy - hope you're feeling all better soon!

jgmaynard
01-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks, I REALLY like the top one - looks like someone just told him "Sir, with that 7th mention of God this debate, you've already raised $70,000 for Ron Paul." :D

Thanks for the well-wishes, Liberty - It's only a flesh wound... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/jgmaynard/monty-python-and-the-holy-grail.jpg

JM

wowabunga
01-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Humor is to the soul.... What shock absorbers are to cars...!

jgmaynard
01-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Great what you're doing man, but my primary is over. I have to do what I can from thousands of miles away.

JM

wowabunga
01-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Opppsie....! I looked at the beginning threads about the $10 silliness and didn't see the good stuff about the dating game. Har har har.... humor of that caliber is good for the soul.

Keep up the good work. Do you plan to make a actual game out of the concept ?

jgmaynard
01-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah, the website will be up soon - it should generate some good free publicity, and probably $200-300,000 for the campaign every debate. :)

JM

jgmaynard
01-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Can anyone find a good picture of our man, looking like someone just told him the other candidates just raised $300,000 for him? :D

JM

JimInNY
01-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Can anyone find a good picture of our man, looking like someone just told him the other candidates just raised $300,000 for him? :D

JM

http://www.indecision2008.com/images/shows/indecision2008/blog/Paulhands490.jpg

jgmaynard
01-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Sweet.... OK....

JM

JimInNY
01-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Well, when do we get a preview? lol

jgmaynard
01-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Well, when do we get a preview? lol

Very soon you will, young padawan. In time for the 24th arrive, it should. The future, it is hard to see, it is. Mmmmm.. :)

JM

jgmaynard
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Anyone want to volunteer to be a counter for the debating game on the 24th? I'll you have to do is count the number of times that the target phrases are uttered? Let me know here, or IM me and I'll send you the final list. Website up soon.

JM

mcgraw_wv
01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
It is key to have some lead time to advertise the cause... So it has to be done ASAP and all people connections, email the blogs, and supporters out there letting them know what it is all about.

JimInNY
01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
I don't have TV here so I don't get to see the debates til they end up on youtube, and then I usually only get to see RP. :)

ShowMeLiberty
01-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Anyone want to volunteer to be a counter for the debating game on the 24th? I'll you have to do is count the number of times that the target phrases are uttered? Let me know here, or IM me and I'll send you the final list. Website up soon.

JM

I'll volunteer to be a counter. Sounds like fun!

Is the site ready for a preview yet? I'm so anxious to see it! :)

flames2dust77
01-22-2008, 09:51 AM
oooh...i'm loving this idea! another great way to get the money flowing...plus it seems like it would be fun=) BYOB. haha! I'm in.

jgmaynard
01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Getting really close now. I had most of the design ready, then I (#&$%&ed up my arm really badly and couldn't get on the comp, then I had some database issues (which I have just fixed), and now the website just needs some tweaking... :D

JM

ShowMeLiberty
01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Getting really close now. I had most of the design ready, then I (#&$%&ed up my arm really badly and couldn't get on the comp, then I had some database issues (which I have just fixed), and now the website just needs some tweaking... :D

JM

Yeah, like taking Fred's picture off and dropping his "phrase that pays".

** Welcome, Fred Thompson supporters! **

Thanehand
01-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Is the server going to be sufficient enough to handle the load? I mean... this is going to be perfectly viral and will get a crapload of traffic, I'm sure :)

And it sounds like it has some functionality -- will it be done ahead of time so we can test it out thoroughly?

satchelmcqueen
01-22-2008, 02:19 PM
im in for the game. im almost maxed out though for this month...

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-22-2008, 02:23 PM
LOL... That would be a good one too - I can imagine Paul, leaning over his podium, saying "Cons...ti...." and scared looks coming across the rest of their faces......and then Ron Paul finishes "...pated." And then the scared looks become confused.

jgmaynard
01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
OK... Here it is you all... The...

Ron Paul Debating Game (http://www.ronpauldebatinggame.com/)

Hope you like!

I tried to do it all like retro 70's...

JM

jgmaynard
01-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Is the server going to be sufficient enough to handle the load? I mean... this is going to be perfectly viral and will get a crapload of traffic, I'm sure :)

It's a small site data-wise. Right now it can handle up to 250 GB of transfer a month. That's probably a couple million views per month. Should be fine, we can go up to 2 terabytes/month if needed.

JM

billyjoeallen
01-22-2008, 05:01 PM
What about the 9iu11iani drinking game?

not for lightweights!

jgmaynard
01-22-2008, 05:03 PM
What about the 9iu11iani drinking game?

not for lightweights!

Don't let me stop you from drinking as well... As a matter of fact, if it makes you donate more, I encourage it (within reason, of course). :D

JM

thomaseusin
01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
waitaminute.. looking at the rules..

"The use of a term or phrase twice or more in one answer counts as one instance"

I would think if Rudy was asked what his name was and he says, "911, 911, 911" that should count as 3, no?

ShowMeLiberty
01-22-2008, 05:20 PM
OK... Here it is you all... The...

Ron Paul Debating Game (http://www.ronpauldebatinggame.com/)

Hope you like!

I tried to do it all like retro 70's...

JM

AHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa! Love it!

I pledged and volunteered to be a counter earlier in this thread, so I'm on it! I'll alert my MeetUp and email friends & family. This is actually making me excited about the upcoming debates. :D

Next debate: January 24 - getting ready to count.

FreedomFighter8008
01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
wouldn't it be funny (and profitable for Ron) if we got a list of people who will each donate $1-10 to Ron's campaign each time

No, because it costs the campaign approx. $3 to process each donation, so donating $1 actually costs the campaign. Now if you said, donate $25 or $50 dollars each time, that would be cool!

Evazan
01-22-2008, 05:29 PM
No, because it costs the campaign approx. $3 to process each donation, so donating $1 actually costs the campaign. Now if you said, donate $25 or $50 dollars each time, that would be cool!

Just keep track and make a lump donation after the debate. I'm in for 1 dollar for each thing the OP mentioned.

ShowMeLiberty
01-22-2008, 05:48 PM

Feel free to donate $25 or $50 for each phrase if that's what you want to do - no problem! :)

The idea here, though, is we count the phrases up throughout the debate then each person who pledged makes just ONE donation to the campaign for the TOTAL amount - whatever that turns out to be. The site actually explains this and says not to donate a single dollar at a time for the exact reason you mentioned.

I think it's going to be a blast feeling like these other guys are giving money to Dr. Paul every time they say their "phrase that pays". :D

thegr8drronpaul
01-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Great job OP! I love when people actually turn their ideas into something! This is so fun, especially the music. Although I think the last rule should be switched (about using the phrase more than once in each question - we should count each one as a separate instance.

flames2dust77
01-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Just pledged to the site! Amazing job on that. I made up a nifty bulletin for myspace. It's already started circulating...hopefully lots of ppl will pledge. Ppl seem to love this idea. Good job folks!