PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

netzorro
01-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Remember the Alamo? Colonel William Travis drew a line in the sand and asked all who would stand and fight to step across the line.

His last letter for reinforcements:

Fellow citizens and compatriots; I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna. I have sustained a continual Bombardment and cannonade for 24 hours and have not lost a man. The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken. I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, and our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat. Then, I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch. The enemy is receiving reinforcements daily and will no doubt increase to three or four thousand in four or five days. If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible and die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country. Victory or Death. William Barret Travis Lt. Col. Comdt.

On January 25/26 2008, in Tyler, Texas we are once again drawing a line in the sand and ask all who would stand and fight for our Constitutional rights to step across that line. The web site is www.sincerelysouthern.com/tyler and you can pay online and get other details or call 903-629-3034

Our Tyler, Texas Ron Paul MeetUp/947 in conjunction with the Foundation for Christian Alternatives have put together and scheduled our Line In The Sand Conference to educate people in the East Texas on our Constitutional Rights and Ron Paul.

If you cannot attend, we are asking everyone that thinks this would be a a worthy project to donate via Chip/In below to support this event. Any amount large or small will help greatly.

Thank you.

Glen Shipley

http://lineinthesand.chipin.com/tyler-texas-line-in-the-sand-conference

Friday night Founder's Dinner with Larry Pratt

Join us for an outstanding evening filled with entertainment by the Masat Family, education presented by Larry Pratt concerning your gun rights and an elegant meal catered by Traditions. Details are on the web site www.sincerelysouthern.com/tyler
DINNER RESERVATIONS REQUIRED* DEADLINE IS MON. Jan 21st.
call Nancy if you have questions 903-629-3034
TEXAS BALL FOR RON PAUL to follow the Constitutional Conference

In a casual and family friendly atmosphere, come hear the message of hope, peace and prosperity that only Dr. Ron Paul brings to the Presidential Race. The Brooze Brothers will provide old time rock and roll music for your dancing pleasure. Meals can be purchased during the morning registration. If you are not attending the morning conference, call Hickory Fare to reserve your dinner ticket @ 903-561-8881.
the cost for this event is only $50.00 per adult, $20.00 for college aged and $5.00 for children. There will be an auction with funds going to help Dr. Paul's campaign.
Bring your friends ! Call for details 903-629-3034.

Line in theSandConference2008

Karl & Nancy Falster
Foundation for Christian Alternatives

Take a Stand for Liberty. draw your line in the sand

BreakYourChains
01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Bump

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 12:49 PM
This sounds like fun!

WilliamC
01-17-2008, 12:56 PM
If I had $50 to spare I'd be doing more to get Ron Paul elected.

Tonight I'll go to my first meetup meeting here in Oxford at a local Resteraunt. I'm sure the fine folks there will be great to meet and they will be enjoying the fellowship of a good meal.

I'll be drinking ice tea and trying to get people to sign up a Precinct Captains, call in to talk radio shows, help pay for a bumper sticker blitz, help pay for newspaper adds, and talk about who to support in upcoming House and Senate Races.

I'll just have to be restrained though, 'cause I don't want people to think I'm some kind of kook ;)

This isn't a party for me, it's a rEVOLution.

Mark
01-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Could use a more descriptive thread title. Help what? Let people know what you need help with.