PDA

View Full Version : CNN on the Economy

sgrooms
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Two minutes ago on CNN they were talking about how bad the economy is. The phrase that stood out was,"Washington is fiddling, while Rome is burning."

What a great quote we could use...

Anyone else see that?

michaelwise
01-17-2008, 11:24 AM
All the candidates (except Ron Paul) are fiddling while Rome is burning. Would someone please explain to me why the Bush tax cuts are no longer working? They are still in effect aren't they?

ddoggphx
01-17-2008, 11:31 AM
. Would someone please explain to me why the Bush tax cuts are no longer working? They are still in effect aren't they?

They aren't working because we have raised spending to record amounts.

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Exactly. What's the point of tax cuts when the spending is out of control?

>9 trillion in debt.

tsetsefly
01-17-2008, 11:35 AM
All the candidates (except Ron Paul) are fiddling while Rome is burning. Would someone please explain to me why the Bush tax cuts are no longer working? They are still in effect aren't they?

because spending has increased ten fold...

plain and simple, our government literally got us into this mess, off course stupid people buying houses they could not afford didnt help but government spending plus the fed keeping interest rates too low for a long time caused this...

sgrooms
01-17-2008, 11:36 AM
soon to be 53 trillion! once the baby boomers get their social security....

tsetsefly
01-17-2008, 11:38 AM
any stimulus package that does not drastically reduce spending will not work plain and simple...

tax cuts will help a bit because the less money the government has to spend the better but if they dont get that money then they just borrow it or print it...