PDA

View Full Version : Bernake is a moron

Peppy690
01-17-2008, 10:51 AM
'We need a stimulus package' - i wish ron would be in office today to bitchslap him

Laja
01-17-2008, 10:52 AM
The guy's a mouthpiece for the bankers, nothing else.

limequat
01-17-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the news that is causing the market to tank today (dow down 125 at 12:00).

Johnnybags
01-17-2008, 10:58 AM
zero affect over the long haul, its presidential politics,we are here to help. The bills are due folks, its time for a reduction in government spending and layoffs and an end to the empire. Now or we will be in a ful fledged depression soon. The government will need to take over all the bond insurers, let big banks merge and Wall St will lay off 100's of thousands, it cannot be stopped, only delayed with inflation.

RPinSEAZ
01-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Did he actually say we need a stimulus package? That seems pretty ignorant coming from someone that's supposed to know something about economics.

Peppy690
01-17-2008, 11:01 AM
i guess he graduated from Harvard and MIT.... :(

AnalogDan
01-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Anyone else see that little twitch he has on the right side of his mustache? Man, that sucks.

michaelwise
01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Isn't the Bush $1.6 trillion tax cut stimulus package still in effect? Why is it not working anymore?

Johnnybags
01-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Isn't the Bush $1.6 trillion tax cut stimulus package still in effect? Why is it not working anymore?

money to steal from citizens and international investors. The dollar colapse is the result of tax cuts and out of control spending resulting in massive inflation. Politicians suck. Hike taxes and cut spending.

Ilhaguru
01-17-2008, 11:10 AM
The problem is SPENDING, not tax cuts. Or tax cuts and spending.

Learn what fiscal responsibility means.

I wonder what this "stimulus package" will mean, more spending? With what money?

Sounds like it will eventually sink us even further.

RPinSEAZ
01-17-2008, 11:15 AM
The problem is SPENDING, not tax cuts. Or tax cuts and spending.

Learn what fiscal responsibility means.

I wonder what this "stimulus package" will mean, more spending? With what money?

Sounds like it will eventually sink us even further.

The government will issue out debt so it can spend money on various politician's pet projects. So in essence any money handed out by the government will be offset by people buying treasury debt. I know Bernanke can't be ignorant of this. He must be counting on the psychological effect of the government doing something.

jd603
01-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah i love the idea of a "stimulus" package. Lets spend more money to fix the economy that got broken by spending too much money! that makes sense! :rolleyes:

'We need a stimulus package' - i wish ron would be in office today to bitchslap him

icon124
01-17-2008, 11:21 AM
he is just a puppet for the bankers...before he went into this position he knew everything about the economy...even agreed with a lot of points RP makes...but now he seems a little stupid...hmm i wonder why?!?!?! *sarcasm* F/U Rothschild LOL

Ilhaguru
01-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Precisely. We've had this "stimulus package" for a number of years now, and this is how it ended up.

Let's do more of it. :rolleyes:

Broadlighter
01-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Economic stimulus package = more inflation

I guess there's just no more wealth to steal anymore.

ddoggphx
01-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Hike taxes and cut spending.

Hike taxes? Are you nuts?

SLASH SPENDING.

That is ALL that is needed. Cut taxes even more! Put money in Americans' pockets, not the government.

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 11:34 AM
"Government take over the bond insurers..." .... huh?

Let the bond insurers fail. They got themselves into this mess. (ACA, MBIA, etc)

tsetsefly
01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
money to steal from citizens and international investors. The dollar colapse is the result of tax cuts and out of control spending resulting in massive inflation. Politicians suck. Hike taxes and cut spending.

increasing taxes will only worse the situation right now.. especially with a devaluing dollar...

Caravello
01-17-2008, 11:44 AM
The stimulus package they are talking about is giving another $600 to everyone in the form of a tax credit. Much like GW did at the start of his first term.

Peppy690
01-17-2008, 11:50 AM
The stimulus package they are talking about is giving another $600 to everyone in the form of a tax credit. Much like GW did at the start of his first term.

wtf just lower taxes to give us the $600. Stop spending so much fuckin money. Its common sense. Maybe because congressmen make $160k a year they don't have to worry about balancing their own budgets, let alone the governments.

When your growing up your parents teach you to spend what you can and pay off your debts, and balance your budget. Im so fed up with politicians knowing how to fix 'our' problems

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 11:51 AM
http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/dollardaze/2007/images/0626.h6.jpg

Laja
01-17-2008, 12:02 PM
he is just a puppet for the bankers...before he went into this position he knew everything about the economy...even agreed with a lot of points RP makes...but now he seems a little stupid...hmm i wonder why?!?!?! *sarcasm* F/U Rothschild LOL

+1

Cindy
01-17-2008, 01:07 PM
You can see it in his face when he is talking that he is thinking, " I can't beleive they make me say this crap. I sound like such an idiot. I can't beleive these idiots in the room are buying the crap."

freelance
01-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Oh, he's no idiot. He knows exactly what he's doing.

TownHall08
01-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Bernanke is no moron. A traitor, yes. Moron, no.

His career:

On leaving high school in 1972 he enrolled at Harvard College, where he spent his undergraduate years in Winthrop House and graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in economics in 1975. He received a PhD in economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1979. He taught at the Stanford Graduate School of Business from 1979 until 1985, was a visiting professor at New York University and went on to become a tenured professor at Princeton University in the Department of Economics. He chaired that department from 1996 until September 2002, when he went on public service leave. He resigned his position at Princeton July 1, 2005.[6] He has given several lectures at the London School of Economics on monetary theory and policy and has written three textbooks on macroeconomics, and one on microeconomics. He was the Director of the Monetary Economics Program of the National Bureau of Economic Research and the editor of the American Economic Review.

Bernanke is particularly interested in the economic and political causes of the Great Depression, on which he has written extensively. On Milton Friedman's ninetieth birthday, Nov. 8, 2002, he stated: "Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You're right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again."

Cindy
01-17-2008, 01:45 PM
He could have an IQ of 200 and it wouldn't matter if he sold himself off to the highest bidder to say moronic stuff.