PDA

View Full Version : Randi Rhodes Show - She likes the Constitution.

american.swan
07-26-2007, 07:55 PM
I have heard some interviews on www.GregPalast.com (http://www.gregpalast.com) where he talks with Randi Rhodes.

Randi Rhodes talks about the Bush Admin destroying the Constitution. I wonder if we could plug Ron Paul for a moment.

Randi Rhodes seems fairly smart, but I haven't read enough to know.

Greg Palast doesn't play favorites. He digs up dirt on Democrats too and Rhodes seems to love he's honesty and research.

johnrocks
07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
She is on Air America so I think that her definition of the Constitution would butt heads with Ron Paul's interpretation of the Constitution. They might would find common ground on things such as Iraq,Patriot Act and maybe the War on Drugs but all the social programs that would eventually be cut would not sit well I'm sure.

nullvalu
07-26-2007, 08:18 PM
agreed, liberals tend to refer to the consitution only when it's beneficial to them. but any exposure is better than none.

Syren123
07-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I thought Air America crashed and burned.

austin356
07-26-2007, 08:25 PM
agreed, liberals tend to refer to the consitution only when it's beneficial to them. but any exposure is better than none.

Very true. Though the stictness of that attitude has been loosened a bit over the last few years as they have seen Bush run over civil liberties. Many of my liberal friends (though not willing to give up social programs) are open minded and see that when they ignore the 2nd Amend. or 10th or insert "new and good" things into the Constitution it gives them absolutely no room to complain against Bush doing the things he has done.

hard@work
07-26-2007, 08:27 PM
She has made it very clear that she actually misses the previous Republican party, the one that was there before it was hijacked. You know, the one that was honest and had real ideas (as she put it). A fair opponent if you would.

Press her on this, and then press her on Paul. She should suppot Paul, because she cannot hope to achieve the progress she hopes for under a democrat for the next four years. And I think she knows this.

She won't outright betray her party, but her party all agrees with Ron Paul on quite a few issues - and more and more every day are starting to see eye to eye with many of Ron Paul's economic and social policies. There is some real room for compromise when it comes to dead honest and honorable policy discussion.

I'll be calling her tomorrow.

foofighter20x
07-26-2007, 08:29 PM
She is on Air America so I think that her definition of the Constitution would butt heads with Ron Paul's interpretation of the Constitution. They might would find common ground on things such as Iraq,Patriot Act and maybe the War on Drugs but all the social programs that would eventually be cut would not sit well I'm sure.

Liberals try to justify the social programs under the "General Welfare Clause."

But they are out to lunch on that.

But says who? Not I.

Try the 'Father of the Constitution', James Madison (http://www.constitution.org/jm/18170303_veto.htm). ;)

Razmear
07-26-2007, 08:33 PM
She was the only one talking about Michael Badnarik on air during the last election cycle, so I think she'd be very receptive to Ron Paul.
Also she has a huge overnight trucker audience, that seemed to be most of her call ins. I haven't listened to her in a long time, she got pulled from local talk radio here.

eb

BillyBeer
07-26-2007, 08:40 PM
I dont like any talk radio hosts. They are all modern day Father Coughlin type demagogues to me.

Matt
07-26-2007, 09:31 PM
I remember after Virginia Tech she said there's no constitutional right to own a gun. :rolleyes:

Razmear
07-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Disregard my comment above, I was thinking of Rollye James' radio show, not this person who I don't think I've ever heard.

Rollye would be a great audience for Ron Paul, her site is:
http://www.rollye.net/

eb

constituent
07-26-2007, 10:54 PM
randi is alright... she did say the second was provisional and told the caller that he/she which was too much a simpleton to understand.

in very rural s. texas where I live, my wife and I would catch air america out of karnes city (of all places, karnes city) on our way to work in new braunfels. we enjoyed her show well enough, but have many areas of disagreement. as a fan, I've sent several e-mail over the past couple of years to her show and never received a response. this was before the presidential campaign so perhaps she just wasn't that familiar w/ him then?

i wrote mike malloy about a year ago to plug ron paul when he said [I]all republicans were evil... my position is that evil is not so exclusive... and received a firey, hostile e-mail in response informing me that i am thoroughly uninformed. guess i'm just not in with the right crowd or something (guess that means I'm doing something right ;?).

hard@work
07-26-2007, 11:14 PM
People like Mike Malloy on either side of the debate are either fascists or communist. They would argue that but their profound public support of a one party system shure slips by the discussion allowed on their shows...

Oh sweet irony.

michaelwise
07-27-2007, 12:19 AM
I like radio talk show hosts when the serve my purpose, that is Ron Paul's purpose.

Nash
07-27-2007, 12:28 AM
She was defending Ron Paul after the "They attack us here because we are over there" comment and was making a big deal about how Saul Anuzis was trying to keep him out of the debates.

So yeah she's not a supporter cuz she's a lefty but she's defin sympathetic.