PDA

View Full Version : Digg Caught Red-Handed Censoring Ron Paul Stories

Phantom
01-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Digg Caught Red-Handed Censoring Ron Paul Stories (http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/011708_digg_caught.htm)

Self-proclaimed 'digital democracy' expunges articles after just a single bury

UPDATE: After just one bury, this article too was deleted from Digg's upcoming category.

The self-proclaimed 'digital democracy' Digg.com has been caught red-handed artificially suppressing and censoring Ron Paul stories by expunging them from the website with just one bury, despite the fact that thousands of other Digg users are voting the stories up.

Digg allows users to vote stories up (digg them) or vote them down (bury them). The content of Digg's main page, which receives millions of readers a day, is decided upon this apparently democratic system.

For months allegations have been flying around concerning how stories about Ron Paul, which routinely receive well over a thousand diggs, rarely make it to the main page on Digg as a "popular" item.

Read the full articvle here (http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/011708_digg_caught.htm)

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 10:38 AM
I am boycotting digg.

UtahApocalypse
01-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Digg uses complex algorithms to determine a story success. Digg is NOT screwing with anything. Just because you dont know the inner workings of how the site functions does not mak them evil.

TownHall08
01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Who owns digg?

roXet
01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Kevin Rose owns Digg, he's good people

nike
01-17-2008, 10:42 AM
5 mega corporations own 85% of the US media, including internet services. Mainstream media do not report accurately nor unbiased. Please stop acting surprised when these things happen, they have been happening for years.

TownHall08
01-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Did Murdoch purchase digg?

SleepingNative
01-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Please help us get our Digg numbers up?

http://digg.com/political_opinion/4_Reasons_Why_Ron_Paul_is_Good_for_Environment

Peace,
Philip

Cleaner44
01-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Digg uses complex algorithms to determine a story success. Digg is NOT screwing with anything. Just because you dont know the inner workings of how the site functions does not mak them evil.

Riley's Ron Paul story was removed from Digg's upcoming section after receiving just one bury, despite the fact that it had received 43 diggs.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/january2008/170108digg.jpg

UtahApocalypse
Please help us get our Digg numbers up?

http://digg.com/political_opinion/4_Reasons_Why_Ron_Paul_is_Good_for_Environment

Peace,
Philip

Doing stuff like that is WHY Ron Paul has a higher threshold to get on front page and a lower one to be buried. When you use collusion to influence a topic it becomes harder to bring it up.

Cleaner44
I will now bury everything at Digg related to any candidate other than Ron Paul.

UtahApocalypse
01-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Riley's Ron Paul story was removed from Digg's upcoming section after receiving just one bury, despite the fact that it had received 43 diggs.

So? I have seen stoies about many subjects get buried with lots worse ratios. I saw a story with 1200 diggs get tossed with 4 buries..... it was a Apple story.

spiteface
01-17-2008, 10:51 AM

It also says "SPAM" under reason for bury, which is what some people keep doing with anything they can think of to type that is Ron Paul related - though it clearly just pisses people off.

OrbitalGun
01-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Can someone Digg the Digg boycott :p

Laja
01-17-2008, 11:01 AM
I used to love Digg. I no longer go there because all the Ron Paul stories are buried. I've seen the evidence of a group of people who make it their job to bury all Ron Paul stories on Digg. They brag about how they've saved the world from seeing another RP story.

When I sent the evidence (with links) to Kevin Rose, I got no response. So I'm writing them off. Reddit is the place to go now.

Mark
01-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Someone outed Digg a long time ago. It's controlled.

snaFU
01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Don't click on the link Alex Jones sites make money off you by selling your info to people who spam ads.

RobS
01-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I've been a part of Digg since day one, literally the first day it was released to the public.

I don't think many of you understand that Digg is a community, just like ConservativeUnderground is. Spamming them about EVERY LITTLE THING Ron does is not helpful. Digg has complex algorithms that make some diggs worth more than others, and some buries worth more than others. So, when Ron Paul stories start getting promoted like crazy for awhile, it gets weighted so that stories with Ron Paul take more diggs to get to the frontpage and less buries to get buried. It is the same thing with Apple stuff. Not some big conspiracy.

Kevin Rose is NOT the bad guy, it is a small independent company not owned by some big corporation. There is NO conspiracy here. Just Digg the stories that are really quality and deserve to be seen about Ron Paul.

Laja
01-17-2008, 12:07 PM
http://reddit.com/

blakjak
01-17-2008, 12:15 PM
I've been a part of Digg since day one, literally the first day it was released to the public.

I don't think many of you understand that Digg is a community, just like ConservativeUnderground is. Spamming them about EVERY LITTLE THING Ron does is not helpful. Digg has complex algorithms that make some diggs worth more than others, and some buries worth more than others. So, when Ron Paul stories start getting promoted like crazy for awhile, it gets weighted so that stories with Ron Paul take more diggs to get to the frontpage and less buries to get buried. It is the same thing with Apple stuff. Not some big conspiracy.

Kevin Rose is NOT the bad guy, it is a small independent company not owned by some big corporation. There is NO conspiracy here. Just Digg the stories that are really quality and deserve to be seen about Ron Paul.

+1
How can people complain about Digg? Seriously, Ron Paul stories are consistently on the top 10. As the abover post mentioned, people do not understand the algorithms. Ron Paul stories do legitimately get buried by users...I've even buried a few myself because I did not think they were digg-worthy. Digg, itself, is censoring nothing - please move on.

scooter
01-17-2008, 12:28 PM
I think it's possible that Digg's algorithms are smart enough to see that the Ron Paul stories are posted by and dugg by the same few hundred people every time.

Seriously, posting a digg story about every little thing Ron Paul says or does has started to annoy to the rest of the Digg population and I think fuels other people's theories that the RP supporters are just a bunch of crazies.

I understand the frustration. Internet sites like Digg are really the only place that Ron Paul can get some covereage, but the reality is that too many things have been posted there and many of them were about useless stuff.

Give it a rest with the conspiracies and just stick to telling people about Ron Paul... directly.

JoshLowry
01-17-2008, 12:30 PM
www.stateofbrain.com (http://www.stateofbrain.com)

:o

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 12:30 PM
How is it so hard to believe that digg is censoring Ron Paul stuff with all that is going on and all that has happened???
If anyone has watched the repubs' debates since May 3, you would understand how much censoring has taken place.
RON PAUL IS THE BIGGEST STORY ON THIS PLANET atm, yet my local news stations(in city of 1m population) never even mention his name.
Ron Paul won the first debate back on May 3rd,2007 with 80-90% of the votes.
ABC then removed his name from the poll and erased the huge number of positive comments for Dr. Paul.
This censorship and slandering has been going on since then.
If you have not been paying attention since the first debate, it would be more difficult to understand how corrupt the news medias and many internet sites have become.
Like I said, Ron Paul is the biggest story on the planet right now.
The elite are doing EVERYTHING they can to squash this movement and they're failing.

RobS
01-17-2008, 12:37 PM
How is it so hard to believe that digg is censoring Ron Paul stuff with all that is going on and all that has happened???
If anyone has watched the repubs' debates since May 3, you would understand how much censoring has taken place.
RON PAUL IS THE BIGGEST STORY ON THIS PLANET atm, yet my local news stations(in city of 1m population) never even mention his name.
Ron Paul won the first debate back on May 3rd,2007 with 80-90% of the votes.
ABC then removed his name from the poll and erased the huge number of positive comments for Dr. Paul.
This censorship and slandering has been going on since then.
If you have not been paying attention since the first debate, it would be more difficult to understand how corrupt the news medias and many internet sites have become.
Like I said, Ron Paul is the biggest story on the planet right now.
The elite are doing EVERYTHING they can to squash this movement and they're failing.

Ron Paul gets a story on Digg like once a day, lol. There is NO conspiracy from within Digg to keep the man down.. lmao.

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Ron Paul gets a story on Digg like once a day, lol. There is NO conspiracy from within Digg to keep the man down.. lmao.

Thats all you can say about all that I mentioned? laughing MY ass off

UtahApocalypse
01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
RON PAUL IS THE BIGGEST STORY ON THIS PLANET

LMAO.... maybe to a Ron Paul supporter. In the real world, outside the Ron Paul campaign many people still have no clue who, or even what a Ron Paul is.

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 12:43 PM
LMAO.... maybe to a Ron Paul supporter. In the real world, outside the Ron Paul campaign many people still have no clue who, or even what a Ron Paul is.

Yeah, ok. Is that why his name has been the #1 term searched on the entire internet? You don't sound like a supporter to me. Either that or you might be a serious lemming.

BTW, I agree alot of ppl don't know about him. This is mainly because ppl have rejected politics because they are sick of being lied to.

Rhys
01-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Ron Paul is not the biggest story on the planet. He is to you, I know... and to me.

He's a man running who has 6-10% of the vote in his party.

He deserves a lot more, and he could have been doing better already with better coverage...

However, the media expected him to get few votes and he's gotten a few more than they expected.

They still don't see how 6% will turn into 40%.

If we can show them, they'll cover him.

Digg certainly isn't evil. It's a website for geeks. It's just spread past that a little, but still stop bugging them. How would we feel if 100 people a day posted about computers?

UtahApocalypse
01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah, ok. Is that why his name has been the #1 term searched on the entire internet? You don't sound like a supporter to me. Either that or you might be a serious lemming.

BTW, I agree alot of ppl don't know about him. This is mainly because ppl have rejected politics because they are sick of being lied to.

Again I laugh at you. The internet is not the whole world. You sound like a person who will not work to win because you live online and don't want to face the realites that we have to do a lot more work to even get close to winning.

Redcard
01-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Yeah, ok. Is that why his name has been the #1 term searched on the entire internet? You don't sound like a supporter to me. Either that or you might be a serious lemming..

And _THAT_ is why Ron Paul is losing.

Ooooh. #1 amongst the internets.

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Again I laugh at you. The internet is not the whole world. You sound like a person who will not work to win because you live online and don't want to face the realites that we have to do a lot more work to even get close to winning.

225 million people in the US have internet access.

What I mean by Ron Paul being the biggest story on the planet is ...

He has won every post debate poll except for 1(he came in second in that one)

He has won more straw polls than any other candidate by far(where ppl have to actually pay to vote)

He has raised more money in the last quarter than any other candidate on the rep side, and possibly the dems(very close)

He set an all-time fundraising record in a 24 hour period(and half of J Kerry's 5.7m was from special interest)

He has around 100k meetup members(staggering compared to all other candidates)

He has meetup groups all over the world(worldwide support)

I could go on and on but the point is....

If the media was being even close to honest, this would have been the headlines everyday since the first debate.

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 01:01 PM
All of this and my local media in a city of 1,000,000 people never even mention his name. He came to visit two times and they refused to even mention it.

Can anyone tell me another candidate who has supporters all over the world?

And for those who say its just an internet thing .... do you know many people who don't have access to the internet??????

Rhys
01-17-2008, 01:03 PM
225 million people in the US have internet access.

What I mean by Ron Paul being the biggest story on the planet is ...

He has won every post debate poll except for 1(he came in second in that one)

He has won more straw polls than any other candidate by far(where ppl have to actually pay to vote)

He has raised more money in the last quarter than any other candidate on the rep side, and possibly the dems(very close)

He set an all-time fundraising record in a 24 hour period(and half of J Kerry's 5.7m was from special interest)

He has around 100k meetup members(staggering compared to all other candidates)

He has meetup groups all over the world(worldwide support)

I could go on and on but the point is....

If the media was being even close to honest, this would have been the headlines everyday since the first debate.

All that and eggs and you could have ham and eggs, if you had ham.

go canvas.

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
My grandmother even has internet, and she is close to 80 years old.

Rhys
01-17-2008, 01:06 PM
My grandmother even has internet, and she is close to 80 years old.

ok.. just because someone searched for Ron Paul doesn't mean they'll vote for him.

Also, I search for him about 10 times a day! I know that's true for tens of thousands of people.

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 01:12 PM
All that and eggs and you could have ham and eggs, if you had ham.

go canvas.

You have no idea what I have done so far, why the hell are you tellling ME to go canvas when you are here on this site.

I have had a HUGE Ron Paul sign in my front yard(a very nice area) since the first debate on May 3rd. (The sign in my front yard is also my icon)

I have donated 6 times as much as I could afford.

I went and listened to Dr. Paul speak when he came to my area. I was lucky enough to shake his hand and tell him thank you.

I work in a new household everyday laying vinyl floors for a living and educate every customer I have.

I have told all of my family, friends, ppl I work with and neighbors about him.

When Bush came to my town recently, I went down with my HUGE Ron Paul sign in the freezing cold temperatures and Ron Pauled his ass(and his entire motorcade) with my homemade sign. There were only 8 ppl there protesting his visit in a town of 1m ppl and I was the only one with a Ron Paul sign(and it was the biggest most visible sign there)

Oh, and everywhere I drive in this town, I'm Ron Pauling ppl because my work van is a moving Ron Paul billboard...

And as for me being here, I am here to learn of any new information that may help me inform ppl. I continue to learn as much as I can because if you have not noticed, a war has been waged on the supporters of Ron Paul by the elite and the MSM. If you don't believe this than explain to me why they are constantly slandering him with racist BS and "no chance to win" comments, etc.

Rhys
01-17-2008, 01:17 PM
You have no idea what I have done so far, why the hell are you tellling ME to go canvas when you are here on this site.

I have had a HUGE Ron Paul sign in my front yard(a very nice area) since the first debate on May 3rd. (The sign in my front yard is also my icon)

I have donated 6 times as much as I could afford.

I went and listened to Dr. Paul speak when he came to my area. I was lucky enough to shake his hand and tell him thank you.

I work in a new household everyday laying vinyl floors for a living and educate every customer I have.

I have told all of my family, friends, ppl I work with and neighbors about him.

When Bush came to my town recently, I went down with my HUGE Ron Paul sign in the freezing cold temperatures and Ron Pauled his ass(and his entire motorcade) with my homemade sign. There were only 8 ppl there protesting his visit in a town of 1m ppl and I was the only one with a Ron Paul sign(and it was the biggest most visible sign there)

That's all great, but protesting Bush and having yard signs doesn't win. I'm here telling you this because I live in Michigan, where we got 6%of the voting. Until a week before I didn't know to canvas... you apparently don't know to either.

Waving signs and telling people about Ron Paul is cool, but it obviously doesn't get us enough votes to win.

Listening to him speak doesn't get votes.

Going to Bush speeches doesn't get him votes.

Shaking his hand doesn't get him votes.

As someone who's state just voted, here's what gets him votes:

canvasing your precinct.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

steph3n
01-17-2008, 01:17 PM
+1
How can people complain about Digg? Seriously, Ron Paul stories are consistently on the top 10. As the abover post mentioned, people do not understand the algorithms. Ron Paul stories do legitimately get buried by users...I've even buried a few myself because I did not think they were digg-worthy. Digg, itself, is censoring nothing - please move on.

I bury RP stories all the time because some people just think it is cool to digg anything mentioning Ron Paul even if it is worthless.

dannno
01-17-2008, 01:27 PM
I bury RP stories all the time because some people just think it is cool to digg anything mentioning Ron Paul even if it is worthless.

You bastard...

We're going for name recognition here, a lot of people still don't even know who he is..

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 01:28 PM
That's all great, but protesting Bush and having yard signs doesn't win. I'm here telling you this because I live in Michigan, where we got 6%of the voting. Until a week before I didn't know to canvas... you apparently don't know to either.

Waving signs and telling people about Ron Paul is cool, but it obviously doesn't get us enough votes to win.

Listening to him speak doesn't get votes.

Going to Bush speeches doesn't get him votes.

Shaking his hand doesn't get him votes.

As someone who's state just voted, here's what gets him votes:

canvasing your precinct.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

Go back and read the rest of my post. If you are seriously saying that what i'm doing isn't helping then you're an idiot. And by the way, I can't canvas my precinct right now because THERE ISN'T ONE. I live in Nebraska and our primary is not even close to happening yet.

And also, when I RPed the presidents motorcade, all of the tv stations were there. I was attempting to get the sign on THE NEWS.

Rhys
01-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Go back and read the rest of my post. If you are seriously saying that what i'm doing isn't helping then you're an idiot. And by the way, I can't canvas my precinct right now because THERE ISN'T ONE. I live in Nebraska and our primary is not even close to happening yet.

Do you think with all that I have explained to you that I won't be canvasing my precinct? I have already bought all of the supplies to do so from sherman williams.

This isn't about you specifically, but it's like this:

Way too many people want to think that the election will win itself if we just shout Ron Paul to enough people. We go to opponents events thinking they'll do what exactly? Do we think Bush or McCain, or their supporters, will see our Ron Paul sign and realize their error? No way.

Elections are won locally. The person who wins locally the most, wins nationally.

You do have a precinct. Sign up at the link I gave. http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

People need to spend time now on their list from the campaign. It's so important.

We're severely wasting our time and money on signs and gimmicks. We're wasting our time tracking web stats.

Elections are won on the ground. We don't need the media if we canvas.

Don't worry about what someone ese is doing to you, worry about what you can do for yourself.

This wont happen online. It wont. I know a lot of us are young and don't understand how unimportant the net is to most people... but it is.

If you don't canvas, those people you didn't canvas will go vote for McCain or Huckabee. OR the people who would have voted for Ron Paul wont because they weren't ID'd and encouraged to go, or driven.

This is Get Out the Vote and it is what works. So far the grassroots hasn't done shit if it doesn't do that.

Sign waving is wasted energy... just ask NH.

(what did you get from the paint store? All it takes is a notebook to write down info, and a pocket to hold literature.)

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 01:51 PM
The internet is what has got us this far. I'm in my 30's. I don't believe anything i'm doing is a waste of time. Even getting his name out is important because ppl certainly have not seen much of it on their local news or in the MSM besides when they attempt to trash him. If they see ppl waving RP signs in masses, they may wonder what its all about. This can be just as effective because even though not all ppl who see the signs will research him, some will. And to go out and talk to one person at a time is great, and has a stronger affect on that one person, but hanging signs in areas where 75,000 ppl a day pass in their vehicles will get a few curious ppl that will eventually become informed. Its a mixed bag, and all is helpfull.

Oh, and about NH:

Overseas medias are reporting different results for NH than the US media. And it looks better than what we've been hearing.

Libertyiswinning
01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
I have something to do but i'll be back in less than 30 minutes if you care to continue this conversation.

Airborn
01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Ron Paul wouldn't be no where near where he's at without the internet success, the internet is the main thing that got him where he is in the run for president

Rhys
01-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Ron Paul wouldn't be no where near where he's at without the internet success, the internet is the main thing that got him where he is in the run for president

The internet has gotten us to where we are now, but that's it. We've peaked. They took the net back with this racist shit.

The diference between Romney's landslide 1st and Paul's 4th in my district was 40 votes. 40 fucking people made us come in 4th not first.

Don't worry about the imaginary people who might find Doc P on their own if they see your sign. You go find them. Don't rest on your e-loral's.