PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL called the economic turmoil that CAME TODAY on WALL ST!!

Falseflagop
07-26-2007, 07:14 PM
He is the only candidate who has discussed how the FED but creating money outta thin air and printing 24/7 will create a huge problem here in the US and the fact CHINA is buying the worthless paper will make them owners of this country.

Time we make people understand what RON is saying on the FINANCIAL end because people will relate to their wallets!

Time to abolish the FED period end of story!!

spread the word! RON hit this one on the nose and he also is saying the US Dollar in bad shape. Again on the money!

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 07:15 PM
What turmoil was there today on Wall ST.

Nash
07-26-2007, 07:16 PM
LoL when I read the header I thought you were gonna give me a link to a story that blamed the DOW tanking on Ron Paul's presidential run.

I guess I wouldn't put anything past the Old media. I'm cynical.

Gee
07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
RP has been predicting economic doom and gloom for a while now. I'm not saying I don't agree with him to some extent, but this hardly makes him correct. Remember, inflation increases stock price, but that increase just means less than it would otherwise.

Other counties use worthless paper too, and some are inflating worse than us.

MozoVote
07-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh come on. A 2% drop in the market is no big deal.

SeanEdwards
07-26-2007, 07:20 PM
CNN would prefer to talk about Michael Vick's dog-fighting charge.

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
CNN would prefer to talk about Michael Vick's dog-fighting charge.

That's because Mozo is right - today's action is NOT that big of a deal.

Johnnybags
07-26-2007, 07:32 PM
and many other stocks, RIMM,APPL,AMZN,GOOG do not count they are controlled by a
small group with insider help. The military industrial complex and oil stocks are the only things propping her up, and the PPT. Its pretty odd to have a treasury secretary feel he has to comment on a 2 percent move. Truth be told, most of all those so called private equity deals are not going to go thru, no financing on lax terms to be had. The next deal to fall will be the TXU deal, it had a 4 dollar premium for a wait til mid Sept at some point today. It means there is trouble finding buyers to buy the bonds. Big trouble. Blackstone IPO 31.00 now 24.00 in a couple weeks? Goldman Sachs now is a car dealer, they own a huge chunk of Chrysler they could not peddle. It will be on the books for a long time. They bridged it hoping to find a greater fool but there was none? Imagine Goldman was the last biggest fool. No wonder Paulson who owns billions in Goldman had to leave his post from printing money 24/7 to blurb about the markets, he got crushed.

SeanEdwards
07-26-2007, 07:35 PM
That's because Mozo is right - today's action is NOT that big of a deal.

The biggest single day drop of the year is not news worthy?

It would really suck if our economy suddenly tanked like Argentina's (http://academic.reed.edu/economics/course_pages/201_F04/Cases/argentina_collapse.htm), but can you imagine what that would do for the candidacy of the only guy talking about sound monetary policy? :D

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
and the PPT.

If you REALLY believe in the existence of the PPT, then shouldn't you be long, all day, every day? After all, the PPT will always ride in and save the day.

;)

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 07:42 PM
The biggest single day drop of the year is not news worthy?

Not everyone - probably not even a majority - follows the markets, and those who do aren't getting their market news from CNN.

Suzu
07-26-2007, 07:43 PM
My prediction: Today was just a foretaste of a coming crash that will happen within a few months. A major "distraction" will occur right after the next (much larger) drop in the market.

Johnnybags
07-26-2007, 07:46 PM
like todays 100 point spike in minutes, it exists, for sure, call it what you will, PPT or whatever. Its a fact, Bernanke,Paulson, and a few others are on the committee. Ron asked them what they do and they remain silent. They buy futures and key large cap stocks to force program traders to buy to break market falls and when needed rally the markets for economic gain. Believe what you will, I know it, I have seen it, and it is somewhat predictable. Ever see Paulson come out on a 200+ point upday and make a comment? He had to come out today though. I am sure you think inflation is 2.5 percent and we are at full employment?

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Sorry for this T/J, folks.

Johnny, you did not answer my question. Do you stay long the market all the time?

If not, why not in light of your belief in the existence of the PPT?

My answers to your questions:

I believe the "inflation" numbers are bogus.

I believe the unemployment numbers fail to account for a range of unemployed americans.

Suzu
07-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Johnnybags is correct.

G-khan
07-26-2007, 08:01 PM
If you REALLY believe in the existence of the PPT, then shouldn't you be long, all day, every day? After all, the PPT will always ride in and save the day.

;)

It is known that there is a group "Working Group on Financial Markets" You can read about them HERE (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/business/longterm/blackm/plunge.htm)

Just because they have a team set up to prop up stocks does not mean they will succeed.. Problem is we now have about 700 trillion in derivatives and if some major players go belly up it will become a global meltdown that no one can stop.

Dr. Paul knows this and also knows that paper currencies always fail with a lot of people holding paper that ends up being worth the exact amount it is worth = paper. The PPT may be able to keep the markets up for another 20 yrs a 100 yrs (no one knows for sure). I think it will collapse within the next 10 no matter what. They are adding 100's of trillions of derivatives a year to plug the holes in this ship of paper assets..

Everyone wants to get rich and not work just trade paper back and forth. Just wait until the Oil countries decide they want real things and not paper for their Oil..

We are in deep doodoo and when it happens it wont be pretty..

Remember this, it was the Fed that started it all..

Hook
07-26-2007, 08:11 PM
The kind of crash Dr. Paul is talking about will make todays drop look like a blip. No one knows when the tide will turn against Federal Reserve Notes, just that it will happen eventually, like every other fiat currency in history. Maybe 50 years, maybe tomorrow.

Falseflagop
07-26-2007, 08:11 PM
and it appears a few on this board are clueless to this aspect. Fact is everything is tied together and this is NOT a single event because when NO ONE is buying the bonds guess WHAT!!

No credit markets and that brings the whole economy to halt. Continuing to prop the market only creates MORE INFLATION and more forgeiners owning our paper that means NON-AMERICANS will own this country.

Propping the markets creates more NATIONAL DEBT and more taxes for us and our kids to pay which at 60 trillion is NOT payable and that is where the NORTH AMERICAN UNION and the AMERO come in. Get it yet?

austin356
07-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Well I called my entire family and told them all to sell the first week of May. ( I knew before that the debt/bubble economy was liable to pop, but thought the idiot bulls would keep running it up; all you have to do to see what they are feeling is watch Kudlow and Company)

But with interest rates at 1/3rd the rate of inflation (my personal inflation rate) I know it has to come to an end at some point.

--------------------------

Also when I say interest rates are at 1/3rd the rate of inflation I am not exaggerating. The government has been fucking around with the statistics and WS has bought their lies. For example; I move into a new apartment each year. I also throw out all my essentials and buy new ones each year. I bought the same basket of goods this year as I did this time last year and it is $360 vs $300 last year. A consumer inflation rate of 20%. I know that is not "scientific evidence" because such was not conducted under a controlled situation, but I tell you what, my pocket books are a better measure of inflation to me than the BLS, the puppet of the same government that has set up the poor system, and the same government whose income is adjusted according to said statistics (bracket inflation adjustments).

--------------------------

Personally I have sold most of my equities, all my bonds, and will be buying commodities on credit, or valued in foreign $s.

liberatenyc
07-26-2007, 08:16 PM
My prediction: Today was just a foretaste of a coming crash that will happen within a few months. A major "distraction" will occur right after the next (much larger) drop in the market.

Spot on. This is simply a taste. Expect at least one major upswing in the market in the next month or two. But we are on the cusp of historical financial disaster in my opinion.

ALSO, the entire bush economic team is on CNBC tomorrow morning. That's huge. And it was scheduled before today's turmoil, so expect some serious spin.

While I am at it, I would say if you have money to invest, make sure you put it in non-dollar denominated assets. That means foreign securities valued in currencies not pegged to the dollar, and commodities like gold, silver.

Enjoy the show. :)