PDA

View Full Version : Thousands of Nevada Voters disenfranchised

Hurricane Bruiser
01-17-2008, 09:34 AM
http://news.adventist.org/data/2008/1200415782/index.html.en

Nevada is holding their caucuses on Saturday morning and Seventh-day Adventists and Jewish voters will most likely be in church that day. This affects Ron Paul because there are many Adventists that back Ron Paul and will cost him votes.

Chester Copperpot
01-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Stop bitching.. Lets just get this done

Hurricane Bruiser
01-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Oh grow up. I point out that the government deliberetly holds the caucuses on a date and time that thousands of people will be in church and you tell me to stop complaining?

Eponym_mi
01-17-2008, 09:54 AM
This is a valid concern to bring up. I'm wondering why it wasn't brought up earlier though. These voters should have filed for an injunction.

Sarge
01-17-2008, 09:59 AM
I guess I would have to confess my sin after going to the caucus.

Somehow I think I would be given forgiveness in this case, for throwing out the money changers.

zadrock
01-17-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Church is a voluntary activity. The people with real complaints are the ones who can't get off work at the risk of being fired. So maybe this applies to the ministers or rabbis and other church/synagogue employees who are bound to attend the services. But for the general congregation - just figure out which is more important to you and do that.

Z