PDA

View Full Version : Send KFI AM 640 a nice E-mail

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
I was listening to Bill Handel on KFI, it's a talk radio station here in Southern California. This talk radio station has Bill Handel, Dr. Laura and John and Ken. All three have very popular talk shows. Anyways, Bill Handel was talking about Ron Paul and he's the only canidate that's been advertising on KFI (I've heard the commercials). He said it would be very interesting if Paul won Nevada. We should all send him a nice e-mail, showing our support for Ron Paul. Maybe they can get Paul on for an interview.

Let's e-mail Bill Handel and John & Ken.

bill@kfi640.com
johnandken@johnandkenshow.com

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Come on people send a few nice e-mails. Show The radio station how many supporters their are for Paul.

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 10:32 AM
bump

Thanehand
01-17-2008, 10:45 AM
I need to hear it first. No offense, but if I'm going to email a thank you, I want to be sure what exactly I'm thanking for.

heath.whiteaker
01-17-2008, 10:49 AM
email sent

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 10:55 AM
I need to hear it first. No offense, but if I'm going to email a thank you, I want to be sure what exactly I'm thanking for.

Not sure where I said send a thank you note. No problem though, Just send an e-mail supporting Ron Paul and ask that the station to setup an interview. Doesn't have too be a thank you. Trying to get more attention to Ron Paul out here in So. Cal.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Handel and John & Ken - both shows lean libertarian and are fertile ground for RP. John & Ken call Huckabee "HuckleBeast" and regularly rip on McCain, Hillary, etc.

Definitely ask them to set up interviews with RP. This station is absolutely massive. You can pick it up as far away as Utah and Arizona at night. It is EXTREMELY influential on GOP voters.

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 11:12 AM
I got a response already. We need the campaign to talk to the folks at KFI and get him on! Here's my e-mail and response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:11 AM
To: johnandken@johnandkenshow.com; Kube, Michelle
Subject: Ron Paul

Hello KFI,

I'm supporting Ron Paul. It's great to hear Ron Paul's commercial on KFI. I'm hoping you can get Ron Paul on for an interview. I think it would be a great interview. Ron Paul has a powerful message and it would be great to hear his Consititution platform.

Thank you,
Kenny in Murrieta

We've been trying for weeks...his campaign isn't being very cooperative.

Sincerely,
Michelle Kube
Executive Producer, The Bill Handel Show
KFI-AM 640
"More Stimulating Talk Radio"
Office Phone: 818-566-6425
Address: 3400 W. Olive Ave
Suite #550
Burbank, CA 91505

JMO
01-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I live in California and I really think California would be open to Ron Paul. Right now I think Rudy G is the lead candidate in California, but there is many people in California with liberty like minds that just need to know Ron Paul exists and hear some of his messages.

I would like to point out that JAN 21st/22 (cant remember which date) is the last day to switch to vote in the primaries. I would like to see Ron Paul take advantage of shows in California and talk via phone to them, even if its for 5 minutes. I think 5 minutes would go a long way to the talk shows to continue to say good things.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 11:21 AM
I got a response already. We need the campaign to talk to the folks at KFI and get him on! Here's my e-mail and response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello KFI,

I'm supporting Ron Paul. It's great to hear Ron Paul's commercial on KFI. I'm hoping you can get Ron Paul on for an interview. I think it would be a great interview. Ron Paul has a powerful message and it would be great to hear his Consititution platform.

Thank you,
Kenny in Murrieta

Sincerely,
Michelle Kube
KFI-AM 640
Suite #550
Burbank, CA 91505

She responded quick! Email the campaign. Handel and John & Ken will be friendly to Dr Paul. It's literally worth hundreds of thousands in free airtime.

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 11:25 AM
She responded quick! Email the campaign. Handel and John & Ken will be friendly to Dr Paul. It's literally worth hundreds of thousands in free airtime.

Yes, I agree. I'll try and get a hold of the campaign. Does anyboy know someone at HQ's that can help. This is a great opportunity. If the campaign is advertising on the station than you'd thank they would want an interview.

cameronb
01-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Bill Handel show is a VERY popular drive to work show. If we can get Paul on with Bill Handel this could be huge for CA!

We need to push this!!

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Bill Handel show is a VERY popular drive to work show. If we can get Paul on with Bill Handel this could be huge for CA!

We need to push this!!

It sounds like the show wants him on. We need to contact the campaign. Feel free to use my e-mail correspondance when you contact the campaign.

Mayflower
01-17-2008, 11:31 AM
John and Ken are the most popular show in California. Kevin James on krla is a popular night show here in Los Angeles and I know he has tried and tried to get Dr. Paul on. I have asked HQ to have him go on there, but to no avail.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 11:32 AM
What is the best email to contact the HQ?

ddoggphx
01-17-2008, 11:33 AM
It sounds like the show wants him on. We need to contact the campaign. Feel free to use my e-mail correspondance when you contact the campaign.

Done.

Everyone contact the campaign as if you are contacting a bad press article's writer.

There is NO excuse to not be on this show....

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Here's my correspondence thus far from the Bill Handel Show. I've never had this much communication from a popular radio show. We need to get him on. I think Ron Paul can impress hundreds of thousand listeners and even Bill Handel. Somebody help contact HQ. Somebody that can get something done! California is Vital for the campaign.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do, our producer Justin Levine has called the campaign many times to request an interview, and so far has been given the runaround. To be up front, Bill doesn't think that Ron Paul will get the nomination, but so many of his listeners have pleaded with him to hear Ron Paul out that he decided that he would like to include him in his interviews of candidates...

Sincerely,
Michelle Kube
KFI-AM 640
Suite #550
Burbank, CA 91505

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:15 AM
To: Kube, Michelle
Subject: Re: Ron Paul

Thank you for the quick response and the info.. Very interesting, I'll see if I can change that. KFI would be a stage for him.

Thank you,
Kenny

----- Original Message -----
To: Commissioner PlayFascar
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:08 AM
Subject: RE: Ron Paul

Sincerely,
Michelle Kube
KFI-AM 640
Suite #550
Burbank, CA 91505

Hello KFI,

Thank you,
Kenny in Murrieta

liberty_Forever
01-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Okay, lets see if we can get this information to the campaign higher-ups

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Here's an e-mail contact for Holly Clearman. The campaign just hired her as California State Coordinator. Let's all send her an e-mail about this.
holly@ronpaul2008.com

Brennon
01-17-2008, 12:01 PM
I dunno about Jon and Ken. They remind me a lot of Rush, and I can't stand Rush.

Handel I like.

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Here's an e-mail contact for Holly Clearman. The campaign just hired her as California State Coordinator. Let's all send her an e-mail about this.
holly@ronpaul2008.com

Here's another contact

ca@ronpaul2008.com

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 12:06 PM
I dunno about Jon and Ken. They remind me a lot of Rush, and I can't stand Rush.

Handel I like.

Ya, it's the Handel Show that wants the interview. Actually either one would reach hundreds of thousands of possible voters!

Karsten
01-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Has John and Ken ever talked about Ron Paul? They are anti-tax, anti-war, and anti-illegal immigration.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Has John and Ken ever talked about Ron Paul? They are anti-tax, anti-war, and anti-illegal immigration.

I've never heard them mention RP, but they are perfect candidates for his message.

jake
01-17-2008, 12:18 PM
campaign not being very cooperative!? GASP! what a shocker.

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 12:20 PM

Not really, but an interview can change that. I really think Ron Paul will impress them. It sounds like The Handel Show really wants the interview.

angrydragon
01-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Campaign needs to be more cooperative with the media requests...what's up with that?

dannno
01-17-2008, 12:33 PM
HINT: JOHN AND KEN REALLY WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION ISSUE!!

I actually don't like them very much because they act pretty racist when they talk about it, but I do like Dr. Paul's stance on the issue (particularly important tell John and Ken about Ron Paul NOT wanting to give them incentives to come up here, this is what they want to hear!!)

RonRules
01-17-2008, 12:35 PM
I've listened to Bill Handel for years and I would personally be very pleased to see him endorse RP. Bill is pretty much of a centrist, but he will give RP a good deal of favorable air time. Please write him.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 12:35 PM

I actually don't like them very much because they act pretty racist when they talk about it, but I do like Dr. Paul's stance on the issue (particularly important tell John and Ken about Ron Paul NOT wanting to give them incentives to come up here, this is what they want to hear!!)

ALL talk radio guys in California are upset over the illegal alien issue. And rightfully so.

Karsten
01-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Unfortunately, John and Ken are strong supporters of the REAL ID, and believe it is important in the fight against illegal immigration.

Ethek
01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Unfortunately, John and Ken are strong supporters of the REAL ID, and believe it is important in the fight against illegal immigration.

Thats just because of the inherit resentment that comes about from forced amnesty and a mass influx of people that resist a meaningful assimilation into the culture here.

If Paul's polices come to pass those attitudes will dissipate.

CareerTech1
01-17-2008, 01:00 PM
i emailed them

jahazii
01-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Just called HQ and they are aware, but they said its a scheduling conflict

jahazii
01-17-2008, 01:11 PM
1-703-248-9115 Speak with HQ maybe if 100 people call RP can find the time

extrmmxer
01-17-2008, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the Info. I've heard from Holly and she said the same. Unfortunate

oldjersey
01-17-2008, 01:13 PM

Scheduling conflict? This is RADIO, what they can't get him to call in to the show?

Sey.Naci
01-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Scheduling conflict? This is RADIO, what they can't get him to call in to the show?That still takes time to set up. There are only so many ours in the day; a call-in would require scheduling during the hours the show is on air. Could well be that RP's time during that period is already booked. Taping might be another matter. However, even then, you'd need the interviewers to be willing to do it during an off-hours time slot.

thegr8drronpaul
01-17-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm just concerned that a lot of people emailing will discourage them from doing this. Just have one main contact inform her that there is a whole group of people encouraging this interview and you don't want her mailbox to become full so you are the messenger. Just give her stats on amount of listeners and the potential.

jahazii
01-17-2008, 01:24 PM
That still takes time to set up. There are only so many ours in the day; a call-in would require scheduling during the hours the show is on air. Could well be that RP's time during that period is already booked. Taping might be another matter. However, even then, you'd need the interviewers to be willing to do it during an off-hours time slot.

Well I liked to know what activity he is doing that is more important that he can take 1/2 day to reach thousands in the BIGGEST state

dannno
01-17-2008, 01:33 PM
ALL talk radio guys in California are upset over the illegal alien issue. And rightfully so.

Ya, but they are attacking the wrong people. It is our country's policies that are responsible for the influx, but these radio hosts like to talk about it like they are "invading" us or stupid bs like that.