PDA

View Full Version : Plan B: Mark Sanford for VP

tfelice
01-17-2008, 06:36 AM
I am going to begin by warning all the "Ron Paul or Nothing" folks that likely, none of what is discussed here will appeal to you. I realize many of you are so enamored with Paul that you cannot possibly think past this election cycle and that's fine to think that way. But there are those who want to see the traditional conservative movement continue on and influence this election, so there needs to be a "Plan B".

Because of the way things have played out so far, the field is still wide open. This does give Paul a shot still, but judging by the numbers out there, it appears as though supporters should be prepared for more single digit finishes.

So instead of focusing time, money & effort on a third party run that will have no influence on the election, I suggest that the traditional conservative wing of the RP grassroots work to get a traditional conservative on the ticket in November, and that man is Mark Sanford.

Right now the contending candidates in the GOP race are trying to prove to the electorate that they are the "true conservative". What better way to sure up support, than having Gov. Sanford as your potential running mate.

Sanford's record is outstanding. He has served both in the House and as a Governor. He was part of the '94 sweep. He has a lifetime ACU rating of 92. He is respected by conservatives throughout the GOP.

So how can this be accompished? By using the ingenuity and creativity of the grassroots to persuade the GOP contenders to bring Sanford over to their side. As I see it Thompson, Huckabee & Romney are the most likely to tap a Sanford for the VP slot. So after Saturday's results shake things out, why not target one of those contenders with grassroots enthusiasm about Sanford?

Getting Sanford on the ticket places a strong, traditional conservative one heartbeat away from POTUS. It gives the traditional conservative movement a candidate for future contests and it gives traditional conservatives a second chance to have a meaningful impact in this election.

Phantom
01-17-2008, 06:51 AM
Judge Andrew Napolitano (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Andrew+Napolitano+ron+paul&search=Search) should be V.P.

tfelice
01-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Judge Andrew Napolitano (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Andrew+Napolitano+ron+paul&search=Search) should be V.P.

A good choice as well, but does had add any political clout to a ticket or is it merely some star power? He seems to me to be much better suited for a Supreme Court position than as a VP.

JoBurke
01-17-2008, 06:57 AM
It is a two way street....and very simple, if Dr. Paul announes that he wants to have him as a running mate - the poeple will get behind it no questions asked I know i would. but....do not forget the other side!!!!!! how many of these so called "Great Record Patriots" have let thier pants down and actually spoken on Dr. Pauls behalf?

dont do me any favors man, these true Patriots need to sound off asap or they will be left behind....

you feel me?

mosquitobite
01-17-2008, 07:06 AM
There is another option here as well. Before Dr Paul announced he was forming an exploratory committee, I was sending emails to draft Mark Sanford. :)

From what my dad has told me, in a brokered convention, if no majority can be gained within 5? votes someone from OUTSIDE the primary races could come in to "save the day" (I'm thinking Newt would love this)

But what if that guy is Mark Sanford?

tfelice
01-17-2008, 07:09 AM
It is a two way street....and very simple, if Dr. Paul announes that he wants to have him as a running mate - the poeple will get behind it no questions asked I know i would. but....do not forget the other side!!!!!! how many of these so called "Great Record Patriots" have let thier pants down and actually spoken on Dr. Pauls behalf?

dont do me any favors man, these true Patriots need to sound off asap or they will be left behind....

you feel me?

In Sanford's defence he has chosen to not endorse anyone. He and Paul were friendly in the House and both were on the RLC, but if you were the governor of a state and had future political aspirations, would you endorse a candiate who is polling at 3% in your state and hasn't even contended in a primary?

tfelice
01-17-2008, 07:10 AM
There is another option here as well. Before Dr Paul announced he was forming an exploratory committee, I was sending emails to draft Mark Sanford. :)

From what my dad has told me, in a brokered convention, if no majority can be gained within 5? votes someone from OUTSIDE the primary races could come in to "save the day" (I'm thinking Newt would love this)

But what if that guy is Mark Sanford?

It's always a possibility, but I think you are right that Newt would be the man eyeing this. He almost seems like he is setting himself up in that position based on what I have heard from him in recent interviews.

JoBurke
01-17-2008, 07:15 AM
In Sanford's defence he has chosen to not endorse anyone. He and Paul were friendly in the House and both were on the RLC, but if you were the governor of a state and had future political aspirations, would you endorse a candiate who is polling at 3% in your state and hasn't even contended in a primary?

If I had no fear of telling the truth - but if i am playing the political game - of course you are right!

ButchHowdy
01-17-2008, 07:17 AM
If Jeb Bush stopped short, Mark Sanford would have a broken nose.

tfelice
01-17-2008, 08:13 AM
If I had no fear of telling the truth - but if i am playing the political game - of course you are right!

Considering he could be in this for the long haul, it makes perfect sense to play the political game. All those within the traditional conservative movement have had to do so to achieve long term goals.

TruckinMike
01-17-2008, 09:07 AM
it makes perfect sense to play the political game.

Thats the problem. If every politician played the game, we would have never had the American Revolution. We would have never had the Constitution. We would have never had Freedom.

Political aspirations? Long term goals? That's all Hog wash, the time is now! Either your a patriot or you are not. Those weak minded, courage less, self-centered folks that are "closet" Ron Paul supporters can kiss my rear end!

TMike

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2035/2047944534_52d6f94b9f.jpg

mosquitobite
01-17-2008, 09:17 AM
That truck kicks ass Mike!! :D