PDA

View Full Version : SC: Daily Gamecock Endorses Ron Paul

Razmear
01-17-2008, 02:15 AM
http://media.www.dailygamecock.com/media/storage/paper247/news/2008/01/17/Viewpoints/Gamecaucus.Republican.Endorsement-3155215.shtml

Gamecaucus: Republican Endorsement
Paul's broad appeal sets him above rivals
Issue date: 1/17/08 Section: Viewpoints

A massive sign on Interstate 126 urges drivers to "Vote Ron Paul."

After much deliberation at the Gamecaucus, our editorial board couldn't help but agree.

The doctor-turned-congressman is a political maverick, but with the country mired in a war and trillions of dollars in debt, a maverick might be just what the doctor ordered.

We chose Ron Paul for his broad appeal to both liberals and conservatives, his convictions and the tenacity with which he holds them and his immense following among young people, which, despite his age, is unmatched by any other Republican candidate.

This is Paul's second run at the White House; in 1988 he ran as a Libertarian, coming in third in the popular vote behind George H.W. Bush and Democrat Michael Dukakis. Since then, as ABC's Charlie Gibson said at a Jan. 5 debate, "The only thing [he's] changed is [his] party."

While candidates like Mitt Romney have been vilified for changing their values whenever it's politically expedient, Paul has been shockingly consistent. He has never voted to raise taxes, nor has he voted for an unbalanced budget.

It's also important to note that Ron Paul is the only major candidate from either party who voted against authorizing the use of force in Iraq.

When a CBS News poll says half of the nation wants most U.S. troops out of Iraq this year, it's surprising more is not made of this.

His Republican opponents have ganged up on him at times and he still lags behind the frontrunners in polls, but sometimes the popular thing to do is not the right thing to do. Ron Paul has made a career out of that saying and so he gets our endorsement.

Marc3579
01-17-2008, 02:19 AM
Cool how big of a paper is this? I'm not down playing it or anything just wondering.

Ex Post Facto
01-17-2008, 02:20 AM
Wonderful...they are right for choosing him. I chose RP because he doesn't shy away from our short comings and points out our issues as a nation.

ghemminger
I'm wondering is the Game Cock Huge or is it small?

thegr8drronpaul
Great article - thanks for sharing!!!!!!!! At least one newspaper isn't a pu55y ... (I just hate that word)

thegr8drronpaul
01-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Looks like this is The University of South Carolina's newspaper

Marc3579
01-17-2008, 02:23 AM
That's pretty cool... I wonder if others will follow the lead?

Iowa4Paul
01-17-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm wondering is the Game Cock Huge or is it small?

A lot of us want to know how big this cock is.

Lord Xar
01-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Maybe we can get them to mention the "GET OUT AND VOTE"!!

Knightskye
01-17-2008, 02:28 AM
Circulation's about 14,000 daily, according to Wikipedia. :D That's almost a third the votes Ron Paul got in Michigan. But that'd just be college students who read the paper and saw the endorsement blurb. College students like Ron anyway :rolleyes:.

JonathanR
01-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Circulation's about 14,000 daily, according to Wikipedia. :D That's almost a third the votes Ron Paul got in Michigan. But that'd just be college students who read the paper and saw the endorsement blurb. College students like Ron anyway :rolleyes:.

And hardly ever vote. :(

ghemminger
01-17-2008, 02:32 AM

I know! Fkin KIDS never vote! we need to like throw a kegger or free pizza for kids that voted

susano
01-17-2008, 02:32 AM
A lot of us want to know how big this cock is.

Size does matter :D

susano
01-17-2008, 02:34 AM
I know! Fkin KIDS never vote! we need to like throw a kegger or free pizza for kids that voted

Uh, that is a GREAT idea! Not the beer, but the pizza. If they have proof that they voted, they get to come to a party. Most people will do anything for free pizza.