PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL Supporters running for office!!

Ex Post Facto
01-17-2008, 02:04 AM
http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080117/NEWS01/801170337/1006

Teacher to run for Congress
Endicott man is third GOP hopeful for 22nd District

Grate
By Eric Reinagel
Press & Sun-Bulletin
Post Comment

ENDICOTT -- During a course last year, Union-Endicott High School teacher David R. Grate often pointed out how political candidates overlooked the Constitution or reworked the document for their own needs. A prime example is Congress' involvement in a private business known as Major League Baseball, he said.

Grate said eventually all his students said to him, "If you feel so strongly about this, why aren't you running for office?"

Grate, 40, of Endicott, took up the challenge. He will run for the Republican nomination for the 22nd Congressional District spot held by longtime incumbent Democrat Maurice D. Hinchey, D-Hurley.

Grate, who is married and has a 16-year-old daughter, is the third declared candidate for the Republican spot on the ballot, joining Bruce Layman, 55, a businessman from Apalachin, and George Phillips, 31, a teacher at Seton Catholic Central High School.

Grate, who aligns himself closest to Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, received the endorsement of the Constitution Party of New York and will be seeking the Republican nomination in the September primary.

A self-described conservative, Grate said he wants to limit government intervention into Americans' lives and limit taxation. Specifically, he said he doesn't support hiking gasoline taxes.

He said he doesn't support a federal universal health care system because that has nothing do with the federal government's constitutional responsibility. The federal government does have a constitutional responsibility to provide Medicare, however, he said.

Grate said individual states, not the federal government, should be making laws about marriage and education.

Grate has posted a Web site at www.davidrgrate2008.us.

dblee
01-17-2008, 03:35 AM
bumpage

UK4Paul
01-17-2008, 03:38 AM
And so it begins... :)

tsetsefly
01-17-2008, 03:38 AM
i hope people actually back thse candidates with money and votes when the primaries are over, we need to use myspace, facebook, meetup etc to get these guys elected...

misconstrued
01-17-2008, 05:01 AM
i hope people actually back thse candidates with money and votes when the primaries are over, we need to use myspace, facebook, meetup etc to get these guys elected...

Yes, I agree. We need some central hub to keep tabs on this stuff. I suspect we will see a lot more Ron Paul Republicans running for office in the future...

constituent
01-17-2008, 05:18 AM
Brent Sanders a.k.a "Torchbearer" needs your help for his congressional bid in Louisiana.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-17-2008, 05:27 AM
Yes, I agree. We need some central hub to keep tabs on this stuff. I suspect we will see a lot more Ron Paul Republicans running for office in the future...

I think there is a site for this, just cant remember it right now. Anyone? Anyone?

This thread yesterday rocks for this stuff.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=91673

humanic
01-17-2008, 05:35 AM
This is great news! For those of you who haven't read it, hear is the best articulation I've seen about the importance of RP supporters running for office:

http://www.garynorth.com/public/2928.cfm

Say what you want about Gary North, but he is right on in this article IMHO.

davidfarrar
01-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Let me say quickly since this is my first post on this forum that there are at least two names that must appear on the Nov. 4 2008 ballot: Dr. Paul's and your own. That's right -- YOUR OWN!

Every true Ron Paul supporter should have their names placed on the ballot as a candidate for a seat on the executive committee of their local Republican Party. If you don't know anything about this procedure, now is the time to find out and pass the word!

davidfarrar
01-17-2008, 06:39 AM
And in a perfect world, a Ron Paul strategy should be in place that would insure the election of every local party "RP state representative" to win their seats at the Party's state level through the coordinated support of all local RP supporters. With a solid base of local RP supporters, together with their overwhelming numbers of state reps, the Republican Party will be in a position to support Ron Paul once he has been elected.

If we don't quickly move into the Republican Party at the local and state levels, the RNC will hang Dr. Paul out to dry should he be the next President of the United States.

So go down to your local Election Board and tell them you want to place your name on the ballot for a seat on the executive committee of the Republican Party for your precinct.

Members of the Libertarian Party who support Ron Paul should be thinking about changing their party affiliation and following this same advice.