PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sh1t, AP says Paul could come First in NV

Razmear
01-17-2008, 01:33 AM
"No major GOP candidate has set foot in the state for two months, and some Republicans are bracing for a possible surprise first-place showing by long-shot Texas Rep. Ron Paul, the only Republican to broadcast TV ads in Nevada."

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080117/ap_on_el_pr/nevada_caucus_10;_ylt=ApH9cNp71Bhkyk7S.7KB834E1vAI

eb

ghemminger
01-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Jeff says thing are going awesome in NV he spent the whole day with Ron mon? I don't want to call him and bug him...how we doing in SC?

Razmear
01-17-2008, 01:41 AM
Were in the middle of an ice storm in SC at the moment, but other than that things are going well. I'd expect Ron to do well in the Anderson and Greenville counties where I am, not to sure about the rest of the state.
If we get early word about a Nevada win that could give a huge boost and get rid of the 'electability' question.

eb

ghemminger
01-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Were in the middle of an ice storm in SC at the moment, but other than that things are going well. I'd expect Ron to do well in the Anderson and Greenville counties where I am, not to sure about the rest of the state.
If we get early word about a Nevada win that could give a huge boost and get rid of the 'electability' question.

eb

Im hearing you guys scored on awesome office setups - but big media advertising is lacking a bit

Razmear
01-17-2008, 01:47 AM
There isn't an ad on network TV that isn't a presidential ad at the moment. Ron has his fair share being played here.

eb

ghemminger
01-17-2008, 01:53 AM
There isn't an ad on network TV that isn't a presidential ad at the moment. Ron has his fair share being played here.

eb

Awsome that is so good to hear - I am still an idealist and believe if Ron gets equal time he will always win - don't know if South Carolinians will heed the call to a candidate like Ron

Lord Xar
01-17-2008, 01:57 AM
A member here told me they are using paper ballots in Neveda and NOT DIEBOLD!!

Do you think that is one of the reasons the AP story said what it did, and it certainly DOES NOT match the polls. Do you think that in states they can't control, they concede to a possible win for Paul, or good showing..

what are your thoughts?

What other Super Tuesday states use paper ballots? those might be good to concentrate on.

ghemminger
01-17-2008, 02:04 AM

Do you think that is one of the reasons the AP story said what it did, and it certainly DOES NOT match the polls. Do you think that in states they can't control, they concede to a possible win for Paul, or good showing..

what are your thoughts?

What other Super Tuesday states use paper ballots? those might be good to concentrate on.

I seriouslytry not to think of the whole vote fraud thing or I'd tear my hair out :o

gaazn
01-17-2008, 02:04 AM
Even scarier is that Diebold is a friend of the Fed, which makes it also a friend of Fred.

tcindie
01-17-2008, 02:10 AM

what are your thoughts?

It's a caucus state. diebold would serve no purpose.

Lord Xar
01-17-2008, 02:44 AM
It's a caucus state. diebold would serve no purpose.

not sure I follow. Votes are cast, votes are tabulated.. there are winners, and there are losers - right? based on delegates. what am I missing - why would it not serve a purpose.

brumans
01-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Even if we win Nevada they still call us a long-shot... pathetic.

Nick From Iowa
01-17-2008, 03:06 AM
not sure I follow. Votes are cast, votes are tabulated.. there are winners, and there are losers - right? based on delegates. what am I missing - why would it not serve a purpose.

If the caucuses in NV are the same / similar to Iowa's way of doing things - we just checked a candidate on a sheet of paper that we supported.

Then, people from each supporter gathered around and counted the ballots - and the vote tallies were totaled and announced.

Then the votes were called in to the GOP HQ in Iowa.

Therefore, no need to have a machine.

iQuotient
01-17-2008, 08:31 AM
If the caucuses in NV are the same / similar to Iowa's way of doing things - we just checked a candidate on a sheet of paper that we supported.

Then, people from each supporter gathered around and counted the ballots - and the vote tallies were totaled and announced.

Then the votes were called in to the GOP HQ in Iowa.

Therefore, no need to have a machine.

Machines are proving they missed votes across the board in NH. The real issue is if NV RP supporters should call for paper vote like they appear to be planning.

Pretty easy to get a couple extra sheets and turn them in. Iowa didn't check the votes against attendance and there were people saying they saw 3 and 4 sheets given to people.

Show of hands may make swing supporters uncomfortable, but controling/auditing the paper is difficult under the chaotic circumstances. Rather see them join the mass show of hands. Especially if the canvasser is there that they told "Ron Paul had their support".