PDA

View Full Version : Mitt afraid of the CNN/YouTube debate

specsaregood
07-26-2007, 04:37 PM
http://2008central.net/?p=1237

"Following the CNN/YouTube Democratic Debate, Mitt Romney expressed concerns about the format and indicated that he may not participate. The very idea, that the candidate who hosts “Ask Mitt Anything” events would refuse to participate in the CNN/YouTube debate because of the format is a flat out contradiction. Either, he actually wants voters to ask him anything, as he claims in the description of these events, and by extension would not have an issue with a debate format where voters actually get the chance to ask him anything OR he doesn’t really want voters to ask him anything."

Ron Paul Fan
07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
LOL. Some of the questions were silly like asking where the candidate's kids went to school and asking them to say one good thing about each other. It's good to know the debate focused on America's most pressing issues like these. Basically, the whole debate was a joke so I can see his criticism, but he's a hypocrite if he won't go. It just makes him look scared at the possibility of being asked something different than the status quo moderator question.

Bradley in DC
07-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I think he's afraid that the question will show clips of him flip-flopping on the issues.

Spirit of '76
07-26-2007, 06:58 PM
LOL. Some of the questions were silly like asking where the candidate's kids went to school and asking them to say one good thing about each other. It's good to know the debate focused on America's most pressing issues like these. Basically, the whole debate was a joke so I can see his criticism, but he's a hypocrite if he won't go. It just makes him look scared at the possibility of being asked something different than the status quo moderator question.

I loved the format. No matter how serious the questions, it was better than the scripted junk they normally come up with. I thought it really put some of 'em on the spot, let a little bit of personality show through, and really let some of the lesser-known candidates shine.

Gravel got in some good shots, and Kucinich even performed nicely for himself. He actually seemed right at home in that kind of format.

I think it'll be good for somebody who shoots from the cuff like Ron Paul.

yaz
07-26-2007, 08:03 PM

Those are questions CNN thought were credible as they chose them. It is not the fault of anyone if the questions were "silly" except for CNN. Therefore there is no reason at all not to go to the debate unless you are against CNN.

angelatc
07-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Somebody needs to tell Mitt that the people in the internets aren't real.

DjLoTi
07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
asking them to say one good thing about each other.

This is actually a good question because (first off, it was 1 good thing and 1 bad thing) it showed the fakeness of the politicians. They work together for years and they can't come up with ONE thing they dislike the most about a person? Come on! It's BS. The American people can read through that. At least, I hope most of them can.

These questions are tricky and clever, and can work very advantageous to a candidate who is truthful and an honest and skillful politician.

Ron Paul Fan
07-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't agree at all. What do I care where John Edward's kids went to school or Joe Biden wanting to hump Dennis Kucinich's wife? Some of the questions were just plain stupid. How about we focus more on important issues like, I don't know, the Iraq war where people are dying! Poor health care system where people are dying! Keeping illegal immigrants out of our country, better educating our young people, etc. etc. Joe Biden even said flat out that some of the questions were really worthless and I agree with him for once.

DjLoTi
07-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Some, but not all. I disagreed with the one particular question you referred to.

I totally agree though, why are they talking about if gay marriage should be legal when people are dying every day.

Kuldebar
07-26-2007, 10:48 PM
It's somewhat misleading to think the Youtube debate is actually more revealing or for that matter, valuable, because guess who's choosing the video questions that will be used? The same bozo's that normally run the televised debates.

Still the gate keepers of the status quo and mediocrity. Sure we may get to hear a candidate get asked "boxers or briefs?", but that's about as revealing and in depth as it will get.