PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul only candidate w/ advanced degree?

MyKillK
01-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Something our society respects is those who have obtained the highest levels of education. We call them doctors and as far as I know Dr. Paul stands alone.

Do any other candidates hold such advanced degrees?

During canvassing, I think introducing the man as Dr. Ron Paul is a good idea because it establishes him as well educated and capable of making complex decisions. For someone who may know nothing of Dr. Paul, this immediately creates a positive association.

qwertyftc123
01-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Obama went to harvard law school

theseus51
01-17-2008, 12:10 AM
A bunch have law degrees, but none have level of doctorate that I know of.

MyKillK
01-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Interesting analogy. Lawyers versus a Medical Doctor.

A lawyer's job is to manipulate facts to favor their agenda while a medical doctor's is to improve and save lives.

Corydoras
01-17-2008, 03:49 AM
A bunch have law degrees, but none have level of doctorate that I know of.

law degrees are doctorates (juris doctor), as opposed to MBAs (master of business administration)

dkim68
01-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Interesting analogy. Lawyers versus a Medical Doctor.

A lawyer's job is to manipulate facts to favor their agenda while a medical doctor's is to improve and save lives.
I remember CNN had a poll of the professions with highest ethics versus lowest ethics.

The top results were:

DOCTORS - #1 Highest Ethics

LAWYERS - #1 Lowest Ethics

CAR SALESMAN - #2 Lowest Ethics

MyKillK
01-17-2008, 03:01 PM
I remember CNN had a poll of the professions with highest ethics versus lowest ethics.

The top results were:

DOCTORS - #1 Highest Ethics

LAWYERS - #1 Lowest Ethics

CAR SALESMAN - #2 Lowest Ethics

Well I think this is a clear indication that we should emphasize the fact that Dr. Ron Paul is a medical doctor by trade =]

jblosser
01-17-2008, 03:03 PM
If you introduce him as a doctor don't just use "Dr. Ron Paul", make sure you mention he's a _medical_ doctor who delivered 4,000 babies.