PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Choice Supporters?

G-Wohl
01-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Are there any other members here other than me that are pro-choice but still support Ron Paul completely and wholeheartedly?

Iowa4Paul
01-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Are there any other members here other than me that are pro-choice but still support Ron Paul completely and wholeheartedly?

o/' me

ghemminger
01-17-2008, 02:24 AM
yeah I'm pro-choice for baby to decide to live

jeffersonT
01-17-2008, 03:18 AM
I'm indifferent.

billyjoeallen
01-17-2008, 03:28 AM
I am pro-choice. It's not that I don't think the unborn have rights, they do. BUT the protector of those rights should be the parents, not the state, IMHO. Abortion bans are also difficult to enforce. I'm not a woman so I'll just have to take you ladies on your word that this is a deeply personal and important issue.

Of course I am against all state funding of abortions on libertarian grounds.

It's a silly presidential issue. A president has very little say except to possibly appoint a supreme court justice or two. The vast majority of federal judges are prochoice. That makes overturning roe v wade extremely difficult. A constitutional amendment would require ratification by 3/4th of the states and so is effectively unachievable.

I think RP has the correct legal view that this is a 10th amendment issue that should get kicked back to the states.

dkim68
01-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Pro-life/Pro-Prevention-of-Unwanted-Pregancies here. Even moreso after hearing Dr. Paul's witnessing a baby-in-a-bucket story. :(

JeffSchulman
01-21-2008, 01:33 AM
I lean towards the test of viability; anything under 18 weeks is not (imo) arguably a natural person. I do, however, believe that it is not within the jurisdiction of the federal government to legislate abortion.

A major contributor to my opinion is the fact that a significant percentage of fertalized ovums never attach to the uterus wall.

Once a fetus is able to survive on its own (the earliest documented case is around 21 weeks, IIRC) it is absolutely a murderous act to terminate that life.

Ultimately, I agree with the Paulian position to leave it to the States.

Xenophage
01-21-2008, 01:40 AM
Pro-choice supporter here.

Technics2000
01-21-2008, 06:34 AM
I am pro-choice. It's not that I don't think the unborn have rights, they do. BUT the protector of those rights should be the parents, not the state, IMHO. Abortion bans are also difficult to enforce. I'm not a woman so I'll just have to take you ladies on your word that this is a deeply personal and important issue.

Of course I am against all state funding of abortions on libertarian grounds.

It's a silly presidential issue. A president has very little say except to possibly appoint a supreme court justice or two. The vast majority of federal judges are prochoice. That makes overturning roe v wade extremely difficult. A constitutional amendment would require ratification by 3/4th of the states and so is effectively unachievable.

I think RP has the correct legal view that this is a 10th amendment issue that should get kicked back to the states.

My views on this issue is exactly the same, except unborn is a little vague. I don't think I can support any decision to abort a pregnancy in its later stages of development.

After reading your post again i'm a little confused about this "It's not that I don't think the unborn have rights, they do. BUT the protector of those rights should be the parents, not the state, IMHO" Do you also believe parents should be protector of the childs right to life once it is born? And how do you feel about late abortions? ( Just curious ;) )

And to answer the OP, yes I am pro-choice and I whole-heartedly support Ron Paul. The abortion issue is nowhere near the top of the list for me, unfortunately I believe it is a huge issue for females and I think most females are pro-choice.

WilliamC
01-21-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm male, I can't get pregnant, so I don't see where my opinion even matters very much.

Technics2000
01-21-2008, 06:59 AM
I'm male, I can't get pregnant, so I don't see where my opinion even matters very much.

I can relate to that statement since I don't feel like like i'm anywhere near the age to start having kids (even though all my friends are) but I do plan on having children someday and I would hope my opinion mattered when that time comes.

Smiley Gladhands
01-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Personally I'm more pro-choice, but I can understand RP's point of view entirely, and I certainly agree that the fed gov't should stay out of it.

It's difficult to figure out where the line should be drawn, and there are so many exceptions and specific circumstances that the fed gov't needs to leave those decisions to the states. Then the individual citizens can choose to live in a state that agrees with their perspective.

I also agree that it's overblown as a presidential issue. There's not much a president can do about it, but it's used by the media to divide and conquer. So I'm kind of anti-the-entire-issue-being-discussed since it's a giant waste of time like the congressional steroid investigations.

Natalie
01-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I used to be pro-choice, until I heard RP talk about it. Now I am pro-life.

Technics2000
01-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Yes its definitely overblown. We have the war, economy, civil liberties, etc on the table.

Looking at the past exit polls it looks like not as many women support the Dr. and I think this may be one of the main issues.

NoxTwilight
01-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Pro-Choice and probably always will be. While I understand and support the Pro-Life view, I cannot reconcile that we should go back to the way it was. Women will always need abortions for a variety of reasons, some of them good, some of the horrible and those in between. I just don't feel anyone has the right to decide that for her.

I think that this issue as well as racism and the environment are used by politicians as dividing issues, meant to sway people to voting for someone they might otherwise never consider worthy of a vote. See Huckabee *roll eyes*

Dr. Paul is one of the only politicians who's views don't offend me and that has helped a great deal in allowing me to set this issue aside as far as it's importance in making my decision. Let's face it, we have much larger problems!

mustard gas and roses
01-23-2008, 02:30 AM
pro-choice supporter here.

Fields
01-23-2008, 04:38 AM

Many. I'm not one of them though.

Fields
01-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Pro-life/Pro-Prevention-of-Unwanted-Pregancies here. Even moreso after hearing Dr. Paul's witnessing a baby-in-a-bucket story. :(

Where did you read that story?

Fields
01-23-2008, 04:42 AM

hahahahahhaha

Get a girl pregnant and tell the judge that. :rolleyes:

WilliamC
01-23-2008, 05:44 AM
hahahahahhaha

Get a girl pregnant and tell the judge that. :rolleyes:

What, tell a judge that I think a girl should get an abortion because I impregnated her?

Obviously it take two to tango, but since a woman can choose to have or not have an abortion sans partner, where does my opinion come into play?

angelatc
01-23-2008, 07:53 AM
What, tell a judge that I think a girl should get an abortion because I impregnated her?

Obviously it take two to tango, but since a woman can choose to have or not have an abortion sans partner, where does my opinion come into play?

It came into play when you didn't wear a rubber and had sex with a woman who doesn't care about you. Women aren't incubators.

WilliamC
01-23-2008, 08:25 AM
It came into play when you didn't wear a rubber and had sex with a woman who doesn't care about you. Women aren't incubators.

Duh. I'm not disputing this. I'm simply saying that as a man I have little if any say as to whether or not a woman continues a pregnancy. It's their body that has to carry a fetus, not mine. They have the free will to seek an abortion, not I.

What, do you advocate chaining them to a wall so they can't get away?

Theocrat
01-23-2008, 10:42 AM
You mean, you support this (http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/pictures.html)?

joe1985
01-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I am always for life but pro-choice. Yeah, I support Ron Paul 100%. This is not a big issue for me at all.

bkreigh
01-26-2008, 01:15 AM
This is the last issue on my list. I really dont care. I like debating with Pro-Life people tough. Its none of my business what Jane Doe does with her body or her unborn DNA. I will keep living my life the way i have been in the past. The world will keep turning on its axis and we will all be fine. Can you say the same about the foreign policy we are currently in?

Theocrat
01-26-2008, 02:21 PM
This is the last issue on my list. I really dont care. I like debating with Pro-Life people tough. Its none of my business what Jane Doe does with her body or her unborn DNA. I will keep living my life the way i have been in the past. The world will keep turning on its axis and we will all be fine. Can you say the same about the foreign policy we are currently in?

If it's none of your business what "Jane Doe does with her body or her unborn DNA," then why should it be your business what our U.S. foreign policy has done to other nations in killing their civilians in unconstitutional wars, regulating the oil reserves on their lands through corporate/financial interests, and enforcing U.N. resolutions on them, among other things? If I follow your logic correctly, you shouldn't even care about the personal property of those foreigners.

So, bkreigh, just keep living your life the way you've been in the past, because, as you've put it, "the world will keep turning on its axis and we will all be fine." But then again, if that's true, then why are you a part of this "Ron Paul Revolution" in the first place?

r20
01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
I believe every citizen of this country has a say in the matter. Theocrat is exactly right. If you don't feel you have a say in this matter, then why should you have a say in any other matter regarding the welfare of our nation? Even if you feel an issue shouldn't be left up to you, there is no reason to feel as though you can't speak for what you believe is right or wrong.

Personally, my view is that our laws have always protected the innocent. Why should unborn Americans be left unprotected? It is not only our choice, but our duty to protect them. We should always stand for those who don't have a voice.

RainbowsChild
01-26-2008, 05:29 PM

Hopefully, someday in the distant future, mankind will invent a cool thing called birth control, where people can make love without getting pregnant, and we won't need abortions.

Here is my new Ron Paul pro baby video:

Ron Paul, Baby I Love You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKC4zwIPLpg)

tekmo
01-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Pro-choice, but against 3rd trimester abortions, and any gov't funding for any abortion.

bkreigh
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
If it's none of your business what "Jane Doe does with her body or her unborn DNA," then why should it be your business what our U.S. foreign policy has done to other nations in killing their civilians in unconstitutional wars, regulating the oil reserves on their lands through corporate/financial interests, and enforcing U.N. resolutions on them, among other things? If I follow your logic correctly, you shouldn't even care about the personal property of those foreigners.

So, bkreigh, just keep living your life the way you've been in the past, because, as you've put it, "the world will keep turning on its axis and we will all be fine." But then again, if that's true, then why are you a part of this "Ron Paul Revolution" in the first place?

Man you pro-life people are something else. I really dont care what if abortion is illegal or not is it that hard to comprehend? I know its hard for some of you to take that as an excuse but i really could give two shits. No matter how i answer your fuckin questions i will get bombarded with more. The thing is every time i have asked a question or two nobody has answered it. Or when they do answer it is with another question. Its a no win situation. Furthermore, you like to put words into my mouth. Just because i couldn't careless what somebody down the street does with their choice now means that i dont care about the personal property of foreigners that our country has demolishied with our money? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? Are we seriously going to play this game? Lets talk about one subject then do a 180 and talk about something else. And yes the world will keep turning on its axis with or with an unborn baby. With or without peace. With or without Ron Paul. And guess what it will keep turning on its axis with or without human life.

This argument is just like religion. Nobody can win either way. Frankly this is a battle doesnt concern me so i am waiving my white flag in surrender. YOU GUYS WIN!!!! Im done talking about this crap.

r20
01-26-2008, 07:06 PM
bkreigh does have the right not to care.

katewag
01-26-2008, 07:20 PM
I just spent the day block-walking my precinct and there are going to be new Ron Paul signs up in several yards because of it. Hopefully the undecided voters I met will end up leaning toward Dr. Paul. Yes, I support Ron Paul with my time and my money. Yes, I am pro-choice.

Theocrat
01-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Man you pro-life people are something else. I really dont care what if abortion is illegal or not is it that hard to comprehend? I know its hard for some of you to take that as an excuse but i really could give two shits. No matter how i answer your fuckin questions i will get bombarded with more. The thing is every time i have asked a question or two nobody has answered it. Or when they do answer it is with another question. Its a no win situation. Furthermore, you like to put words into my mouth. Just because i couldn't careless what somebody down the street does with their choice now means that i dont care about the personal property of foreigners that our country has demolishied with our money? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? Are we seriously going to play this game? Lets talk about one subject then do a 180 and talk about something else. And yes the world will keep turning on its axis with or with an unborn baby. With or without peace. With or without Ron Paul. And guess what it will keep turning on its axis with or without human life.

This argument is just like religion. Nobody can win either way. Frankly this is a battle doesnt concern me so i am waiving my white flag in surrender. YOU GUYS WIN!!!! Im done talking about this crap.

First of all, you made a claim that you don't care about the issue of murder, which is what abortion is. I find that immoral, to say the least. Secondly, your apathy doesn't comport with what Congressman Paul stands for in supporting and defending life, liberty, and property (You might want to refresh yourself on what he believes here (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/81/pro-life-action-must-originate-from-principle/) on the principles of life.). Finally, I was simply showing the irrational and hypocritcal conclusions that would proceed from your "logic" in not caring about the murder of innocent babies in the womb. So, let me get this straight in a simple manner, if I understand you correctly. You're against this (http://www.endthiswar.org/enemy.htm), but you don't care about this (http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/pictures.html)?! I'm sorry, bkreigh, but that just makes no sense to me.

By the way, this topic is not about trying to win an argument nor playing word games to ridicule someone. What we're discussing here is the greatest of all human rights, and it is the right to live and exist on God's earth. If you can't protect life, then everything else falls apart, including liberty and property. Congressman Paul even made this comment to Alan Combs after the first Fox News debate! So, once again, I find your apathy on this issue to be simply immoral. All I want to know is on what basis do you condemn our unconstitutional foreign policy but don't care (are against) about abortion, and how do you justify this conviction of yours by an absolute standard of morality?

bkreigh
01-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Theo,

1) You find it immoral i dont. I find i immoral to raise a child in an unfit home.
2) i dont have to agree 100% with what RP believes to support him. Like i have said countless times this is last on my list of issues.
3) Im not getting into the foreign policy when we are talking about abortion. Apples and oranges.
4) I never said i was against this. All i said was that i dont care because once again it last on my list of issues.
5) I dont believe in god so pulling the christ card will not work on me.

Korin
01-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Pro choice here.

I will always be pro choice as long as there are situations that I think are justified (ie. severe defects, would threaten mothers life, or in rape cases). Sorry but no one can convince me that a 13 year old raped by a very close relative should have to continue that pregnancy. That said it is against my morals to have an abortion just because a baby might make things harder financially or because they were too lazy to use protection before.

AFM
01-26-2008, 10:19 PM
I am here.