PDA

View Full Version : If there's one thing this effort must learn from the 'big dogs' is brand targeting

Rhys
01-16-2008, 11:49 PM
We're making a huge mistake when we try to "out flank them on the Right" so to speak.

When I talk about this, I mean the slim jims which talk about the "issues", health care and gun rights; when we talk about Reagan and Barry Goldwater...

This is all fine. The problem is, our message gets lost in translation. We seem to think a gun owner will vote for Ron Paul or a server in a restaurant will vote for Ron Paul for no other reason than one issue or another.

We're trying to be everything to everyone. Instead of trying to convince people we're the most republican or the most gun rights, let's show them we have a systematic solution to a systemic problem. Let's show them the Constitution-Ron Paul way.

Get on message.

You need to know what that means. In political terms, it means, use the 'talking points'. Don't say "911 was an inside job, vote Ron Paul" and don't say "Bush is a killer, vote Ron Paul".

Say what the campaign would say.

Don't make the same mistake the campaign is making... don't get too thinky.

Keep it to the fact that the system is broke and only Ron Paul's solution works.

When people say "Yeah but..." know the answer to why and how. Stay on message.

Stay focused. Keep hammering Ron Paul is a total package.

Restaurant workers aren't going to vote for a "crank" because he'll get rid of Tax on Tips. They'll vote for someone who provides them hope... hope that they can get a better job.

Stay on message.

Donate to the campaign. They need bread. We just don't have the money to run TV in the grassroots... at least in a pool. The campaign has learned from their mistakes and it shows.

Join and be a leader from the ronpaul2008.com website. and stay on message. Forget all the ciche things.

Ron2Win
01-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Actually what we need is 1/5 of the MSM time the other candidates get.

RP says more in 30 seconds than the other candidates can say in 10 minutes.

It just needs time to sink in and it takes a couple of exposures for people to realize it.

Rhys
01-17-2008, 12:05 AM
As Lao Tsu would say, don't look outwards for your base. The two precincts I monitored lost first place by 40 votes a piece and we still only got 7%.