PDA

View Full Version : Becoming Mainstream

UnitedWeStand
01-16-2008, 11:45 PM
What are your ideas to make our message more mainstream by becoming more mainstream yourself?

Mine=
1. look mainstream when canvassing/convincing voters
a) cut your hair
b) shave
c)wear your nicest job interview clothing

2. join communities to reach more mainstream voters
a) go to churches in your precinct and make friends, attend the socials
b) join your pta
c) join your neighborhood association
d) volunteer at nature centers, neighborhood clean ups, libraries etc
e) join a union or veterans association if possible

All these places will extend you friendship and allow you to have more influence over your precinct.

What ideas do you guys have?

newmedia4ron
01-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Talk about the issues not conspiracy theories.
Literature must look professional.
Confidence. Act like we're are very organized. (even if we aren't in some places)
People need to see that Ron Paul is not on the fringe.

Become a precinct chairman for your local GOP. Replace the base.

Ex Post Facto
01-16-2008, 11:59 PM
We need to be combining precincts if this isn't already happening. All hands on deck, larger precincts lend help to neighboring princints. Then vice-versa if we use each other we can go a lot further.

Opulen
01-17-2008, 12:00 AM
bump!

Bilgefisher
01-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Instead of holding plain Ron Paul signs. Hold the signs that say what he will do.

-End tax on tips
-End IRS
-STop big Govt spending
-End the war
etc etc.

Ex Post Facto
01-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Tell me something...I was thinking about this the other day.

All the other candidates offer "Change" yet the few changes they qoute are reliant on passage through the legislation process.

Ron Paul's changes all involve executive power, not legislative changes per se.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he is the only one based on what he offers that can walk into office and do exactly what he says he will do without having to run it through legislature. Bush has set everything up under executive authority, Ron Paul can reverse it nearly immediately.

ronpaul4pres
01-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm limiting the whole "everybody is out to get us" attitude and geting out there with a positive attitude. That's the only way the Hope for America can be sold!

acptulsa
01-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Blog on sites in a reasonable tone always. When you're attacked, remember that "a kind word turneth away wrath". Provide reasonable, calm rebuttals to any and all attacks. Walk into the lion's den of blogsites that don't run friendly to our man but don't censor and make a statement, then give reasonable responses to the unreasonable.

In other words, make people ask, "Who's the nut job here? Not the Ron Paul supporter!"

acptulsa
01-17-2008, 10:19 AM
I was also on the phone bank talking with a nice elderly lady for half an hour trying to convince her to support Ron Paul. Sad thing is, she did so back in '88, but wasn't going to do it again because she was put off by some of our callers to radio call-in shows.

When you purport to represent Ron Paul, try to match the good doctor's excellent sense of old-fashioned decorum. As people age, they get to where they say, to hell with these middle aged fools (our kids) telling us what to do! We're doing what's best for the grandchildren! Play to this.

WilliamC
01-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I'll definitely be getting a hair cut before I start canvassing. Not that it's long, but it's been a couple of months and it isn't neat.

I won't wear a coat/tie, but I will wear a nice long sleeve button up shirt

Can't help about the blue jeans, I haven't worn anything but blue jeans in years I don't even have any other pants except Levis.

Doesn't hurt that I'm polite and well-spoken by nature either.

Hey, if I canvass for Guiliani should I do it in drag ;)

acptulsa
01-17-2008, 11:08 AM
"Ronald Reagan liked Ron Paul." Its true and its perfect during Republican primary season.

acptulsa
01-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Hillary Clinton is the big boogeyman for most conservatives, right? So, argue that no one on the G.O.P. side but Ron Paul can take her. Will work for those who dislike Obama, too.

No fearmongerer, theocrat or warhawk is going to give the party one in the win column this year. Ron Paul is our best chance for crossover votes in the general election.

Only works for those who are fairly intelligent and yet not too invested in the neocon machine--but its true.

acptulsa
01-17-2008, 01:38 PM
When they can't be convinced, I just say, "Well, I love the Constitution, so I have to try." Had a Huck supporter tell me I was a good man after saying that line last night. If nothing else, it can keep them from ridiculing our recent, still shaky converts.

acptulsa
01-17-2008, 03:40 PM
When we rebut statements made against him, or call media outlets to task for the blackout, if we know these will be shown on a blog thread we should concentrate on quality, not "bomb" quantity. If there's a good rebuttal, don't distract from it by adding another. Only say more if you can actually say more, not just "me too."

UnitedWeStand
01-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Another thing I've been doing is smiling warmly at people..this isn't an act=)...Its true that this cause really does bring people together. Even the especially rude people at sign waves, I can smile sincerlely at them because I honestly feel sorry for them that they have been so misguided. I want them to feel the love of truth shining from me, the forgiveness. They are much more likely to come around if treated with love. The other side of this is that it makes them feel like pricks and they question their own paradigms.

Also, I know weve "talked" about this before, but I sure am a much nicer driver now that I have my car Ron Paul'd. I was never a road rager before (outwardly) but I now welcome a chance to let someone in or wave thank you to other drivers. I might as well be driving the Ron Paul limo or granny warrior bus the way I stay so conscious of the fact that Im a billboard=)

acptulsa
01-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Outstanding! Send a message that what the media are calling "nutcases" are here to restore comity to politics and give Washington back to civilized citizens.