PDA

View Full Version : My Budget Numbers (What about the idea of a State appropriated relief tax to help? )

LandonCook
01-16-2008, 11:34 PM
My Plan>>>

I know we could all recite Dr. Paul's policies pretty much verbatim, but I want to get to the dirty part. I want to talk about real numbers and see how feasible his policies are. So, from Wikipedia, here's the budget info I've been able to get.

First, the Revenue: $2.5671 trillion ($1.1441 With Tax cuts)

* $1,163 billion - Individual income tax
* $869.6 billion - Social Security and other payroll taxes
* $370.2 billion - Corporate income tax
* $65.1 billion - Excise taxes
* $26.0 billion - Customs duties
* $26.0 billion - Estate and gift taxes <<(this is sick)
* $47.2 billion - Other

NEW- State appropriated relief tax- 650 Billion dollars
(Let me explain this: apropriating a tax to the states is not only legal, but forces state government to downsize as well!)

Now the expenditures: $2.8874 trillion total

* $586.1 billion (+7.0%) - Social Security (Can't get rid of overnight) :mad:
* $548.8 billion (+9.0%) - Defense[2] (Cut by half and use the money on actual defence)
* $394.5 billion (+12.4%) - Medicare
* $367.0 billion (+2.0%) - Unemployment and welfare (Cut by half)
* $276.4 billion (+2.9%) - Medicaid and other health related
* $243.7 billion (+13.4%) - Interest on debt (due to change depending on budget)
* $89.9 billion (+1.3%) - Education and training (Dept. Edu)
* $76.9 billion (+8.1%) - Transportation
* $72.6 billion (+5.8%) - Veterans' benefits
* $43.5 billion (+9.2%) - Administration of justice
* $33.1 billion (+5.7%) - Natural resources and environment (cut by half)
* $32.5 billion (+15.4%) - Foreign affairs (or at least bases)
* $27.0 billion (+3.7%) - Agriculture
* $26.8 billion (+28.7%) - Community and regional development
* $25.0 billion (+4.0%) - Science and technology (who are they to say what is good science) (I say only fund nasa!)
* $23.5 billion (+0.0%) - Energy
* $20.1 billion (+11.4%) - General government (Take out 5 million for excess)

Goal Cut: 1.2833 Trillion
New goal cut of: 659 Billion
Actual Cut: 780.5 Billion
---------------------------------------
Surplus of: 110 billion (to go to paying off the debt) (after the debt is paid of, both the state tax and the surplus disapear)

There you go!

Also, ending the drug war and taxing Weed would help as well...

Paul4Prez
01-16-2008, 11:42 PM
I think Ron Paul's first priority is to balance the budget, but cutting our overseas military spending, foreign aid, Dept of Education, and Dept of Energy -- probably $300 or $400 billion off the top. Ron Paul would probably submit a lot leaner budget overall, with other departments taking a significant haircut.

The individual income tax couldn't go away the first year, but after balancing the budget, a sizable tax cut could be thrown in. Then spending could be held steady each year, or cut modestly, while non-income tax revenues continue to grow. This would enable phasing out the income tax over the 8 years of his two terms.

LandonCook
01-17-2008, 03:51 AM
I think Ron Paul's first priority is to balance the budget, but cutting our overseas military spending, foreign aid, Dept of Education, and Dept of Energy -- probably $300 or $400 billion off the top. Ron Paul would probably submit a lot leaner budget overall, with other departments taking a significant haircut.

The individual income tax couldn't go away the first year, but after balancing the budget, a sizable tax cut could be thrown in. Then spending could be held steady each year, or cut modestly, while non-income tax revenues continue to grow. This would enable phasing out the income tax over the 8 years of his two terms.

It was much harder to do than I thought... but it would be alot harder to get through congress!