PDA

View Full Version : Bombs Away!!!

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-16-2008, 11:12 PM
The moneytrain begins NOW!

Let's get it rolling with some donations in honor of Dr. Benjamin Franklin, on his 302nd birthday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK2OVoaykMQ

For liberty!

coboman
01-17-2008, 03:26 AM
I think the Benjamin's for Paul idea has been abandoned, and the Moneytrain never took off.

Let's hope this is not a prelude of things to come on MLK day.

mokkan88
01-17-2008, 03:36 AM
MLK will be bigger. I'm going to go ahead and estimate a million or so on MLK. Hopefully higher, of course, but best to start low.

coboman
01-17-2008, 03:41 AM
MLK will be bigger.
Well, bigger than zero is a given.

But I don't think it is going to reach more than $400,000.

There just aren't that many pledges (less than 10,000) and they are for $10.

mokkan88
01-17-2008, 03:43 AM
Well, bigger than zero is a given.

But I don't think it is going to reach more than $400,000.

There just aren't that many pledges (less than 10,000) and they are for $10.

Most of the people pledging are making larger pledges. There are a lot of people who intend to max out.

coboman
01-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Most of the people pledging are making larger pledges. There are a lot of people who intend to max out.
Sure. The regular folks here in the forums.

That's about the same that happened on new year's eve, when everyone here was pumped to reach 20 million.
Many donated hundreds, many maxed out. It was the final big push and we only needed $800,000.

But we ended up with less than $400,000.

This money bomb is only known in the very small circle of the passionate supporters. We have tried two money bombs using this supporter base, the new year's eve and Rudy's Reading list, on Nov 30th.

Rudy's reading list brought $530,000.
New Year's Eve brought $387,000.

I know here at the forums seems like many people will donate, but remember that we are only 7,000. Many here are foreigners that cannot donate. Many have maxed out.
I hope I am wrong, but we have only reached more than $600,000 on two dates. Nov 5th and the teaparty, and in both cases the moneybombs were publicized with a much farther reach than this one. And with far more enthusiasm.

jackers
01-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Stupid question but where do we donate to. I am new to the whole "Money Bomb" idea and didn't want to donate to his website if we were supposed to donate somewher else. Please let me know.

dsentell
01-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Stupid question but where do we donate to. I am new to the whole "Money Bomb" idea and didn't want to donate to his website if we were supposed to donate somewher else. Please let me know.

Welcome!

Donate at the campaign website, www.ronpaul2008.com.

All money bomb donations are made there.

jackers
01-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Great, thanks for the heads up.

When is the one where you donate your spare change? I remember seeing a website where people are taking their spare change to those grocery coin counters and donating that. I have a few hundred bucks I am sure.

dsentell
01-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Great, thanks for the heads up.

When is the one where you donate your spare change? I remember seeing a website where people are taking their spare change to those grocery coin counters and donating that. I have a few hundred bucks I am sure.

I am not aware of that one. But there is so much grassroots fundraising, that it is almost impossible to keep up with them all.

There are many possibilities you might want to check out for donating, such as the official campaign, the Ron Paul Blimp (www.ronpaulblimp.com), Ron Paul Air Corps (www.ronpaulaircorps.com), check out the links at the top of the forums home page, or you might want to check out the current chipin page:

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

There is also a larger money bomb scheduled Jan 21 -- FreeAtLast2008.com money bomb...

Paul4Prez
01-17-2008, 08:49 PM
What happened to the 527 Benjamins pledged for today?

http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com/

We should have hit over $50,000 already, but today is one of the worst days ever. I can only hope that people have deferred their donation until the 21st....

DAFTEK
01-17-2008, 08:55 PM
MLK MONEYBOMB January 21st 2008, RON SAID ON CNN IT WILL BE HUGE! SO LETS PROVE THE MEDIA WRONG ABOUT OUR GOOD DOCTOR AND MAX OUT THIS ONE DAY PEOPLE!

Physics
01-18-2008, 12:43 AM
I am donating... and not just $10... It's crunch time people. Just how much do you want Paul to be preident. We need to double our efforts RIGHT NOW.

and I didn't sign the pledge...