PDA

View Full Version : Converting Romney supporters

jrich4rpaul
01-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I had a discussion at work with a hardcore Mitt Romney supporter. His argument was that he was the most "electable".

I told him that Romney said he would consult with his attorneys before going to war, and he dropped his support immediately.

Problem is, McCain was his second choice. So now I'm trying to talk him out of that.

But I succeeded in giving him some literature and making Ron Paul his second choice. Every day he asks me how Ron is doing. He recently asked for me to make him a DVD of the Fox debate so he could see Ron Paul in action.

Anybody else have any ideas/stories?

mokkan88
01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
That's good. Plenty of Youtube of the debate.

For future reference, however, let's avoid using the term 'Convert'. We used that term on the forums when we found Conservative Underground and they essentially turned into bricks. They wouldn't even have intelligible conversations with us because we had deduced them to 'sheep'.

Which they are.

jrich4rpaul
01-16-2008, 10:56 PM

For future reference, however, let's avoid using the term 'Convert'. We used that term on the forums when we found Conservative Underground and they essentially turned into bricks. They wouldn't even have intelligible conversations with us because we had deduced them to 'sheep'.

Which they are.

Do you know a better word than "convert"? Because I was struggling to think of another word to use but that's the best I could think of.

fmontez
01-16-2008, 10:58 PM

Which they are.

They are no more sheople then you are. :)

mokkan88
01-16-2008, 10:59 PM
They are no more sheople then you are. :)

No, I is not a sheeples. I is having my tinfoil hat nearby. @.@

mokkan88
01-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Do you know a better word than "convert"? Because I was struggling to think of another word to use but that's the best I could think of.

I would use the phrase "voluntarily influence to such a degree as to change the opinion of" in place of the word "convert." Sheeple are used to this kind've bullshit. It will make them comfortable. :)

qh4dotcom
01-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I had a discussion at work with a hardcore Mitt Romney supporter. His argument was that he was the most "electable".

I told him that Romney said he would consult with his attorneys before going to war, and he dropped his support immediately.

Problem is, McCain was his second choice. So now I'm trying to talk him out of that.

But I succeeded in giving him some literature and making Ron Paul his second choice. Every day he asks me how Ron is doing. He recently asked for me to make him a DVD of the Fox debate so he could see Ron Paul in action.

Anybody else have any ideas/stories?

Show him this video and if that doesn't get him to stop supporting McCain then he's just plain stupid & stubborn

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk