PDA

View Full Version : This media hype over Nevada sounds fishy...

Shellshock1918
01-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Seems like the MSM is building expectations up for Ron in Nevada. Just because he runs TV ads doesn't mean he'll win. The polls need to reflect it. I'm not buying it and neither should any of you. Be hopeful but don't be complacent.

steph3n
01-16-2008, 10:50 PM
I agree it is odd, they are trying to scare others to the caucus :D

blakjak
01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm not buying it either. I'll be more than happy with a 3rd place finish.

Give me liberty
01-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Seems like the MSM is building expectations up for Ron in Nevada. Just because he runs TV ads doesn't mean he'll win. The polls need to reflect it. I'm not buying it and neither should any of you. Be hopeful but don't be complacent.

And you buy the media owned polls :rolleyes:

Richandler
How bout we go out and just win it.

BarryDonegan
the media will always undermine this message, it interferes with their corporate monopolies.

worry not, the cat's out of the bag.

Shellshock1918
And you buy the media owned polls :rolleyes:

Well they've been correct up to now...

Trigonx

that actually sounds like something i would buy into

libertythor
Yes! This is very suspicious indeed. I hope there are lots of precinct captains in NV!

GregVernon
01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
The polls listen in the AP article leave 29% unaccounted for. Thats a large amount considering McCain is leading with only 22%...

MJfromCT
It very well could be a pump job by the media. But why shouldn't those canvassing use it to their advantage with those on the fence about his electability?

Give me liberty
Well they've been correct up to now...

And those where only 3 states that voted for the war monger who have the same ideas as bush? :rolleyes:
If not misktaken those states were pro bush also.

susano
01-16-2008, 10:54 PM

Good thought.

icon124
01-16-2008, 10:54 PM
wait...when and where has anyone said anything? Any videos?

susano
01-16-2008, 10:55 PM
It very well could be a pump job by the media. But why shouldn't those canvassing use it to their advantage with those on the fence about his electability?

Another good point. Use eveything ya got, disguard what doesn't work. Beware the media and keep on truckin.

kill the banks
01-16-2008, 10:58 PM
frankly use it in nevada ... for anyone who says he can't win ~ why not

kill the banks

Naraku
01-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Honestly, I think they're truthfully simply speculating on a possibility. Just like him getting third in Iowa and New Hampshire, which actually did seem quite possible. This just confuses me though, because it doesn't seem possible going by polls.

ronpaultag
01-16-2008, 11:05 PM
i really hope they don't pump it up and then suggest that he should drop out of the race if things don't live up to their expectations.

This is what we've been wanting though from the media, hopefully they don't have any hidden motives (that's a big hope).

Victrix
01-16-2008, 11:06 PM
I agree this is a bit suspect. Especially when in the same AP article where they mention that some unknown persons' in the GOP are preparing for a first place finish by Paul they list a poll of the top three spots and Paul isn't even up there. It was Romney, McCain, and then Huckabee in 3rd.

I still think we can potentially do very well in NV. BUT I am setting my expectations and hopes for a 3rd place finish. Anything else will just be sweet sweet icing :)

jlaker
01-16-2008, 11:09 PM
How bout we go out and just win it.

Music to my hears. RON PAUL WON NEVADA!:D

hrdman2luv
01-16-2008, 11:10 PM
If Ron Paul is getting good publicity. Then go with it. Please God, don't let the Ron Paul supporters turn this into a conspiracy.
Just roll with it guys. If Ron Paul gets good media attention in NV, and still looses. Then we know where we stand. If he wins, then we know the media plays a big part in the first primaries, and we'll have something "concrete" about the media.
But then again, who's gonna report it? The media?

BarryDonegan
01-16-2008, 11:12 PM
"conspiracy" is a truly misused word. it simply means people who work together on something, it has an implication of secrecy.

the miscontruction of the word in that it means that something is "untrue" or "mythological"

it is not a conspiracy that the media does not promote ron paul, its because it has an interest contrary to his message.

susano
01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Music to my hears. RON PAUL WON NEVADA!:D

Damn straight.

blakjak
01-16-2008, 11:20 PM
this is hilarious...

ron paul getting no or bad media - "it's a conspiracy!"
ron paul getting good media - "it's a conspiracy!"

jstmike
01-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTeOp_A-fss

UtahApocalypse
01-16-2008, 11:28 PM
The media hyped him right before another time, and that did not pan out.

alexa doherty
01-16-2008, 11:32 PM
"conspiracy" is a truly misused word. it simply means people who work together on something, it has an implication of secrecy.

the miscontruction of the word in that it means that something is "untrue" or "mythological"

it is not a conspiracy that the media does not promote ron paul, its because it has an interest contrary to his message.

Conspiracy actually means a secret based on facts or truth.

Media has spun the word to mean, FALSE, NOT TRUE.

ChickenHawk
01-16-2008, 11:34 PM

If you want to know how the word "conspiracy" got the "untrue"/"mythological" meaning I suggest you read a story called "The Boy who Cried Wolf".

Naraku
01-16-2008, 11:39 PM
If you want to know how the word "conspiracy" got the "untrue"/"mythological" meaning I suggest you read a story called "The Boy who Cried Wolf".

"Little Red Riding Hood" seems more appropriate for why conspiracy theory is made synonymous with false.

jcizzle
01-16-2008, 11:42 PM
The polls listen in the AP article leave 29% unaccounted for. Thats a large amount considering McCain is leading with only 22%...

This is the poll they cited. Paul is at 6%.
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/polls/pdfs/research2000-nevada-january-2008-reno-gazette-journal.pdf

Rhys
01-17-2008, 12:14 AM
If Dr. Paul wins NV, for the media, it'll be what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.