PDA

View Full Version : How did patriots convert loyalists?

spudea
01-16-2008, 09:54 PM
I would be interested if anyone has any ideas on this, because I have a particular subborn friend of mine who refuses to donate to Ron Paul and doesn't support his views. Leading up to the US revolution, there were obviously two sides. Revolutionaries saw the oppression, the injustice. Those who remained loyal to britain I guess were too scared of change or something? Maybe I should take a course in the revolutionary movement leading up to 1776.

Matt Collins
01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Who does this guy support?

spudea
01-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Well he just told me on AIM undecieded so maybe i'm wearing him down :) But in the past he has liked Huckabee and Mccain.

Chester Copperpot
01-16-2008, 10:25 PM
I would be interested if anyone has any ideas on this, because I have a particular subborn friend of mine who refuses to donate to Ron Paul and doesn't support his views. Leading up to the US revolution, there were obviously two sides. Revolutionaries saw the oppression, the injustice. Those who remained loyal to britain I guess were too scared of change or something? Maybe I should take a course in the revolutionary movement leading up to 1776.

Well, one way was the Sons of Liberty.. They basically got aggressive like the guys chasing down hannity in NH.. To some degree its had an effect, especially on people like Glenn Beck..

I know RP likes everything to be peaceful and its probably the 'better' way.. but when the MSM cock blocks ROn's message all the time its bound to find its own way to come out...

Matt Collins
01-16-2008, 11:17 PM
You have to find out what causes him to vote the way he does. What are his values? Which issues are important to him?

Then take those and work Ron Paul into fitting into those issues.

jereome
01-26-2008, 03:46 AM
Simple show him how the nation is eroding our rights with things such as:

1. Free speech zones.
2. A U.N. bill is before congress that would give the U.N. a say so in how your children are raised.
3. The veterans disarmament bill that was just passed.
4. Patriot act 1 and 2.
5. Home grown terrorism bill.