PDA

View Full Version : Mail Pastors in Iowa

gravesdav
07-26-2007, 02:41 PM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9157
I posted here this morning, but it got moved, and there's no response. I need to know if this is a good idea, and if anyone is interested in doing it. I want there to be interest before I start moving on this tonight.

Sematary
07-26-2007, 02:42 PM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9157
I posted here this morning, but it got moved, and there's no response. I need to know if this is a good idea, and if anyone is interested in doing it. I want there to be interest before I start moving on this tonight.

What would be the point? Most pastors aren't going to say anything during Sunday sermons.

james1844
07-26-2007, 02:46 PM
You never know about that. I'm a unitarian universalist. Our sermons are way political.

Sematary
07-26-2007, 02:47 PM
You never know about that. I'm a unitarian universalist. Our sermons are way political.

I guess it can't hurt, right?

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 03:03 PM
I say GO FOR IT.

Santana28
07-26-2007, 03:07 PM
actually, i'd have you consider looking up the organizational structure of the denomination as well and send some things to them.

my pastor is a ron paul supporter already though ;)

and believe you me - politics DOES get its way around a church...one way or another.

gravesdav
07-26-2007, 04:41 PM
actually, i'd have you consider looking up the organizational structure of the denomination as well and send some things to them..
What do you mean by this?
I'm going to go ahead and start this. Even if not that many people sign up immediately, I'll have the list for the Caucus.
Most pastors probally wont preach about Ron Paul, but sometimes they talk about issues. But these people are active in the community, have Bible studies and prayer groups, and get invited to people's houses for dinner often.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
They may not say anything from the pulpit (then again, some may) but pastors talk to a hell of a lot of people. (Is that a bad place to use the word "hell?")

I'm too tired to click on your thread link, but if you have the list and it includes the denominations, I'd mail the more conservative ones: Lutherans, Baptists, anything with Covenant or Evangelical in it, and include the Statement of Faith with a cover letter and maybe one other piece of lit. Enclosing a 6' banner for behind the pulpit? Your call.