PDA

View Full Version : Ross Perot's Reform Party = Ripe for the Pickin'

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 08:47 PM
I was just reading over the Reform Party's platfom:

http://reformparty.org/platform.htm

It almost reads like a Ron Paul website. I think it's fair to say that Ron could easily scoop up this group in his independent run.

I'm not sure how many of these people are left, but if Perot was able to get 20 million votes in '92, I bet this could be a big source of support, especially if H Ross himself endorsed Paul. The Ohio Reform Party has already endorsed RP. :)

dvictr
01-16-2008, 08:51 PM
EDIT. the title made it seem that you were suggesting we run a third party election under the Reform Party ticket... thats no a good idea IMO... but WE WOULD LOVE to have mailing lists of all these supporters

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 09:06 PM
yes there are similarities in the platform however... my belief is that....Ross Perot couldn't carry Ron Paul's jock starp...The reform party has negative connotations.. We dont want to be seen as the next coming of Ross Perot aka a loser....

There is no mention of

monetary policy
ending the war on drugs
elimination of IRS/income tax

also read the following exerpts... not Ron Paul at all@!

I'm not suggesting running on their ticket, I am suggesting picking them up as RP supporters. Are you suggesting we would TURN DOWN the support of millions of civic-minded voters??? Just because a few little issues are different in their platform, that does not mean they wouldn't support Ron. In fact, on most of their issues, they are very close to RP's position. And let's remember, these are people who actually get out and vote. They are very politically motivated, and could be counted on for the grassroots effort we have ahead of us.

dvictr
01-16-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm not suggesting running on their ticket, I am suggesting picking them up as RP supporters. Are you suggesting we would TURN DOWN the support of millions of civic-minded voters??? Just because a few little issues are different in their platform, that does not mean they wouldn't support Ron. In fact, on most of their issues, they are very close to RP's position. And let's remember, these are people who actually get out and vote. They are very politically motivated, and could be counted on for the grassroots effort we have ahead of us.

OK. im sorry i was under the impression you were suggesting a third party run under the reform party ticket...

Yes we need all the support we can get. it would be great to get mailing lists of registered 'reformers' and make sure they know what Ron Paul is all about

jhabers
01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
OK. im sorry i was under the impression you were suggesting a third party run under the reform party ticket...

Yes we need all the support we can get. it would be great to get mailing lists of registered 'reformers' and make sure they know what Ron Paul is all about

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071023/NEWS01/710230317/1002

mtmedlin
01-16-2008, 09:15 PM
At this point they are the party that didnt. No infrastructure, Very little ballot access. It would be better for Ron to take up the Constitution Party or Libertarian. I think he would go with the Constitution because it fits more with his religiouse points of view but if he doesnt go with the Libs, then there might be some anger. I wouldnt mind a huge fusion or new party that unites the Libs, Constitution and Reform. Overall, I like the name of the Consitution party. The Libertarians have a rep of being a little out their (full disclosure, I am a member of the Libertarians) and it draws negative connotation. Constitution party picks up some free votes because the uninformed voters will choose them because they "are for the Constitution"
I ve actually heard people say this, when I asked if they would vote for a Libertarian or a Constitution party candidate. Nobody know what a Libertarian is but the Constitution Party is real easy to sell. Its all marketing.

plus the Constitution and Libs are basically the same thing with about a 10% difference. We need to put that 10% aside and work together.

Feelgood
01-16-2008, 09:35 PM
It almost reads like a Ron Paul website. I think it's fair to say that Ron could easily scoop up this group in his independent run.

There is no "independent run" so this is a moot point, and just one more lame defeatist mentality thread. ENOUGH already...