PDA

View Full Version : Deception

Exarel
01-16-2008, 08:06 PM
This billionaire thread only serves one purpose. Make us complacent regarding the upcoming states and fundraising. Sure, you can say he said for us to continue our efforts, but he has to say that for most people to believe the thread. And most people that do believe the thread, would not try as hard.

If the contents of the letter are true, then that thread might just as well be part of the plants/deceptions placed in this forum. If it is false, then it only hurts us.

There were some details that are likely to come true in the near future anyways, like the resignation of someone. Dropping a statement like that only serves to make people have false hope that he is for real when it happens.

Please please don't fall into this deception. Please. Keep focused. It is no troll doing this. This is a very smart move for an anti RP to do. One thing people need to understand is that the big heads running the show are VERY intelligent. They don't share our views, but never mistake your enemy for a fool. Their actions have been for the most part carefully designed. When they repeat over and over that he is unelectable, they know how damning that statement is to the mainstream americans.

Please don't let them be successful. Don't let anything derail your efforts. Our grassroot efforts is all we have. Its our last line. Please keep strong at canvassing. Keep focused on your states, sign up at http://voters.ronpaul2008.com and donate money.

Don't let them win.

UtahApocalypse
01-16-2008, 08:09 PM
The letter got me fired up again and ready to work even harder.

Ben Elliott
01-16-2008, 08:09 PM
I think most people will still do what they were originally going to do even if this is true. A billionaire can only donate 2,300 to the campaign. Ron Paul still needs money.

Plus, Precinct Leaders can get the people that don't watch presidential mini-series.

Exarel
01-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Its only a few days away from a few important states and our important fund raising. Watch and see what happens to the morale of everyone here as the "few days" come and go uneventful.

FreedomLover
01-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Nonsense. If anything the letter has given me inspiration and has convinced me that it aint over yet, not by a long shot.

Ben Elliott
01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
The poster himself said that this should not stop us from canvassing. In fact he told us that twice.

mokkan88
01-16-2008, 08:27 PM
QFT

hambone1982
01-16-2008, 08:28 PM

+1

Exarel
01-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Nonsense. If anything the letter has given me inspiration and has convinced me that it aint over yet, not by a long shot.

And when it turns out to be false, will you then lose hope? Will you have lost hope had this not happened?

I don't think you guys understand my point.. i guess time will tell.

DAFTEK
01-16-2008, 08:50 PM
MLK Moneybomb people, get your wallets ready, wake up and see how many evil forces are fighting us, wake up and don't be a sheep!

N13
01-16-2008, 09:09 PM

+1, after hoax

This is a war.

gerryb
01-16-2008, 10:35 PM

QFT

Dan D.
01-16-2008, 10:40 PM
This billionaire thread only serves one purpose. Make us complacent regarding the upcoming states and fundraising. Sure, you can say he said for us to continue our efforts, but he has to say that for most people to believe the thread. And most people that do believe the thread, would not try as hard.

If the contents of the letter are true, then that thread might just as well be part of the plants/deceptions placed in this forum. If it is false, then it only hurts us.

There were some details that are likely to come true in the near future anyways, like the resignation of someone. Dropping a statement like that only serves to make people have false hope that he is for real when it happens.

Please please don't fall into this deception. Please. Keep focused. It is no troll doing this. This is a very smart move for an anti RP to do. One thing people need to understand is that the big heads running the show are VERY intelligent. They don't share our views, but never mistake your enemy for a fool. Their actions have been for the most part carefully designed. When they repeat over and over that he is unelectable, they know how damning that statement is to the mainstream americans.

Please don't let them be successful. Don't let anything derail your efforts. Our grassroot efforts is all we have. Its our last line. Please keep strong at canvassing. Keep focused on your states, sign up at http://voters.ronpaul2008.com and donate money.

Don't let them win.
A wise man once said, "never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence." Far more likely a supporter who doesn't have the slightest clue what the right thing to do is.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
01-16-2008, 10:45 PM

+1 Billion

Opulen
01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
PLease put it to rest.

susano
01-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Just think of it as one more post of unknown origin and intent. No more, no less. We shall see....

In the mean time, WE KICK ASS, more than ever.

fuzzybekool
01-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Let us focus on South Carolina, Florida and Nevada. It seems we can have our best showing in Nevada. This billioniare stuff whether true or not means nothing. We still got to do what we got to do.

Lord Xar
01-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I agree.

Please understand 'manipulation' and group think.

When given a choice, more often than not, people will let others handle the burden.

With these "billioinaire" posts, it does NOTHING but prevent those who are sitting on the fence from donating.

I mean, I do NOT find the timing of these letters just a little suspect.

Also, a VERY COMMON TACTIC to lend credibility is to say "Keep donating... Keep doing what you are doing..."

You are misunderstanding the manipulation. This poster is just saying for you to do what you were already gonna do - right? No change in donors.. BUT for those who are being complacent, this letter serves as that validation to NOT donate.

This letter is not to make a huge impact, but if somebody can post "2" times on this forum talking about a billionaire... and YOU BELIEVE IT - shame on you.

dima7b
01-20-2008, 03:24 PM
If you have problem with the letter then move on. If it's stopping you from doing work then that's YOUR problem. Don't give it ammo if you don't want it to keep having some sort of effect.

it's like people are intentionally letting the letter effect them even though they know that!

Whether this letter is real or not, move along as though this was never written.

Jane Aitken
01-20-2008, 06:59 PM
I think the moderator of this board should delete all posts that are trolling, and the billionaire ones, providing no real proof of anything, are a good example of trolling.

freelance
01-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I think the moderator of this board should delete all posts that are trolling, and the billionaire ones, providing no real proof of anything, are a good example of trolling.

I see tons of comments over at your place, yet you come over here and repeatedly demand that the mods remove them? What's up with that?

LBT
01-20-2008, 07:40 PM
I think the buzz generated by these rumours is more likely to increase hope in the campaign and encourage greater donations and participation.

The reason donations have slowed is because of dissappointment in the results of the early primaries. People have lost some confidence in the chance of success for the campaign.

Nevada returns some hope and it sure would help some if we had some powerful backers coming in to assist us. Of course we cannot rely on it, we have to fight on regardless.

Jane Aitken
01-22-2008, 05:27 AM
I see tons of comments over at your place, yet you come over here and repeatedly demand that the mods remove them? What's up with that?

Tons of comments about what? I don't have a 'place'... What place are you talking about?

newmedia4ron
01-22-2008, 05:37 AM
Moving On....are You?

StateofTrance
01-22-2008, 05:55 AM
If you think that Ron Paul supporters can be treated as sheeples, then, my sir, you are entirely wrong.

Andrew76
01-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Its only a few days away from a few important states and our important fund raising. Watch and see what happens to the morale of everyone here as the "few days" come and go uneventful.

Exactly. I can't believe, reading the terrible writing of that first big letter, that anyone ever took it seriously at all. It had/has B.S. written all over it, under it, in it. I mean SERIOUSLY people.

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 06:32 AM
And when it turns out to be false, will you then lose hope? Will you have lost hope had this not happened?

I don't think you guys understand my point.. i guess time will tell.

I don't know about you Exarel, but I'm supporting Ron Paul for as long as he is in public office, and I will continue to support other candidates/politicians who are willing to run on a strict Constitutional platform and vote strictly according to the Constitution.

So if you, personally, are in any way discouraged by the hope that there might be very wealthy people out there who care as much for seeing the Federal Government reduced in size and power until it at least starts to resemble something described in the Constitution, well I don't understand why. I'm not.

Is it real? I don't know and I remain skeptical, but we'll all find out soon enough. If it isn't I think the intention of the writer is not to derail Ron Paul's campaign, but to inspire the grassroots to work harder.

The one piece of supporting evidence I find most compelling is the launch of the website www.ultimateronpaul.com, backed by Richard Vigueire, a well-known conservative establishment fundraiser for Republicans who was instrumental in getting Ronald Reagan elected, and has raised billions of dollars for various causes. His disgust with the current neoconservative control over the Republican party is public knowledge. This website came online just a couple of days before the original billionaire post, so make of that what you will.

Nothing wrong with cautious optimism, IMHO.

kaleidoscope eyes
01-22-2008, 06:32 AM

Don't let them win.
I dunno... my intuition tells me most people on here think the billionaire posts are intriguing, but are hardly putting much stock in it. much ado about nothing.

meh.