PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 8 million left in bank

TruePatriot44
01-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Jesse Benton said 8 mill left as of January 1st on Ron Paul Revolution radio.

Better donate more soon.

Aldanga
01-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Donate Donate DONATE!

FOR FREEDOM!!!!

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 07:55 PM
21st

Sey.Naci
01-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Yes, and he remarked that the total of $30M which the campaign acquired in 2007 is less than 1/3 of what other campaigns have had available.

cien750hp
01-16-2008, 07:56 PM
how the hell do they only have 8 mil? they havn't spent anything. I suspect they have more and are just trying to get more donations. But, if its true, go donate!!!

electronicmaji
01-16-2008, 07:57 PM
whered it all go lol

TruePatriot44
01-16-2008, 07:57 PM
how the hell do they only have 8 mil? they havn't spent anything. I suspect they have more and are just trying to get more donations. But, if its true, go donate!!!

Jesse said a lot of the money has been spent on the charter jet for Ron Paul and the 300 staff members. I was kinda disappointed that their are so many paid staff members.

cien750hp
01-16-2008, 08:02 PM
maybe they've bought ads for pretty far in the future, in that case i'd understand it.

Cali4RonPaul
01-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Ron Paul has a billionaire backer so we are in good shape.

Join The Paul Side
01-16-2008, 08:08 PM

Not if that billionaire maxed out his $2300. :rolleyes:

Austin
01-16-2008, 08:09 PM
8 million? WTF?!

What happened to the other 12 million?

Ninja Homer
01-16-2008, 08:13 PM
I'd guess they've already purchased a nice chunk of air time for Super Tuesday. I'm not sure how far in advance air time needs to be purchased, but it isn't like you can pay for it the same day you air it.

electronicmaji
01-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Jesse said a lot of the money has been spent on the charter jet for Ron Paul and the 300 staff members. I was kinda disappointed that their are so many paid staff members.

Would never cost more than a million....

chartering a plane costs no more than 50 thousand and I know that for a fact!

DDMX
01-16-2008, 08:15 PM
300 Paid staffers does seem a bit much, when the grassroots does such a great job already.

Dave Pedersen
Probably less than 5 million by now. That will dry up and shrivel soon without another big infusion.

300 paid staffers is way too many in my opinion. That's a huge amount of overhead eating up the money day after day. They have not justified their employment considering the voting results.

AlexMerced
Would never cost more than a million....

chartering a plane costs no more than 50 thousand and I know that for a fact!

I think he's hiding what the money was truly spent, which could be a bad or good thing

crazyfacedjenkins
01-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Fuck I can't take this shit. I really don't want to donate, they aren't doing shit with my state and I can actually buy radio ads for a reasonable price. They would just piss it away.

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! Didn't http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com have ~400 members? Weren't those people essentially free?

PaultheSaint
01-16-2008, 08:17 PM
well, this is up to 12/17

http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2007/Q3/C00432914/B_PAYEE_C00432914.html

gives us an idea i guess

RickyJ
01-16-2008, 08:19 PM
8 million? WTF?!

Snyder lost it gambling in Las Vegas. :eek:

If they spent 12 million and have nothing to show for it then 100 million more wouldn't do them any good. Benton is basically admitting the campaign is over. His campaign staff should all resign now in shame.

dude58677
01-16-2008, 08:20 PM
8 million? So much for the shrewd campaigning methods. I'm sure hope I am taking this wrong.

Derek Johnson
01-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Jesse Benton said 8 mill left as of January 1st on Ron Paul radio.

Better donate more soon.

Not after Monday...FREE AT LAST! ;)

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Have any of you actually realized that there is no source in the op....

bkreigh
01-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Not if that billionaire maxed out his $2300. :rolleyes:

Ill give that billionaire my paypal address and he can put 1800 or so in there so i can max out. He probably wipes his ass with an 1800 dollarbill.

FreedomLover
01-16-2008, 08:23 PM
8 million is still a good amount of money for super tuesday.

And remember that Ron Paul has an eccentric billionaire in his corner of the ring, and a grassroots campaign unmatched by anyone else!

NoMoreApathy
01-16-2008, 08:25 PM
If it's true, stick a fork in us.

Especially after the MLK bomb does as poorly as it's shaping up to.

No1ButPaul08
01-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Have any of you actually realized that there is no source in the op....

It was on rprradio

I heard it too

amonasro
01-16-2008, 08:30 PM
8 million? WTF?!

multiple state HQs
paying staffers
legal fees
radio, TV, print advertising
grassroots coordinators
shenanigan-watching at primaries
coordinating to get RP's name on the ballot in every state
security
transportation, lodging
random expenses no one ever thinks of

...and the list goes on, anyone have others? This stuff adds up.

NEWS FLASH: Running a national presidential campaign is RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE

It will not get any cheaper, either. Keep donating, the MLK moneybomb is going to be HUGE!

PaultheSaint
01-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Ill give that billionaire my paypal address and he can put 1800 or so in there so i can max out. He probably wipes his ass with an 1800 dollarbill.

Not a bad idea...thread of all our paypal account links? :D

Austin
01-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Umm.. 12 million?

This revelation has dampened my spirits more than any caucus, primary, or hit piece.. This is seriously not good.

d3m0n1z3d
01-16-2008, 08:33 PM
" Snyder, Kent 90,674.61"

for a Quarter..

that's a $360,000 yearly salary.

I wish I was Kent Snyder.

Edit; I lied.. I wish I was Sherrel Moore.

" Moore, Sherrel 116,751.66"

FreedomLover
01-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Umm.. 12 million?

This revelation has dampened my spirits more than any caucus, primary, or hit piece.. This is seriously not good.

That's the price you pay for setting up the infrastructure (staffers in all states, offices, phone banks, etc) to run a national campaign.

The RP campaign is only one of maybe 3 or 4 other campaigns that can afford to do this. And it's all because of us. :cool:

MN Patriot
01-16-2008, 08:35 PM

yeah, right. The tooth fairy and Santa Claus will do our canvassing for us, so we can just sit back and let everything happen for us, all by itself.

crink
01-16-2008, 08:37 PM
... whatever.... just keep fighting

NOLA
01-16-2008, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=amonasro;980078]
NEWS FLASH: Running a national presidential campaign is [B]RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE

I agree that it is expensive, but Huckabee has a fraction of the cash we have and he is so much higher than us IN EVERY STATE. The campaign has zero tv. ads in florida. Rudy from what i have been hearing "has been saturating the airwaves"...I heard on CNN he spent 3 million on t.v. time there. Why didn't we spend 3 million on t.v. time ANYWHERE. What state is Ron planning on breaking out in. Did his campaign beliee that magically everyone was going to drop out and the entire nation love him on one magical day? Why do we have field offices in so many states instead of getting on t.v. and not dumpy talk radio. We could overwhelm one state. For some reason they decide against it.

Exponent
01-16-2008, 08:39 PM
As has been suggested, they've likely already purchased ad time, paid for the production of ads, et cetera. Don't everyone get all depressed so easily. Now I'm not saying that this is definitely the case, and I'll admit to being worried too, but we need some stability more than we need discouragement or panic. The mood swings that this forum experiences are wild!

NOLA
01-16-2008, 08:42 PM
As has been suggested, they've likely already purchased ad time, paid for the production of ads, et cetera. Don't everyone get all depressed so easily. Now I'm not saying that this is definitely the case, and I'll admit to being worried too, but we need some stability more than we need discouragement or panic. The mood swings that this forum experiences are wild!

your right i just needed that off my chest. I reallly hope they purchased airtime already becasue 8 million is not going to last at the clip they are spending money. I hope they "Go for broke" in one state. Just pick one like nevada and just saturate every minute of it so we can win and none of this 3 or 4th place crap.

electronicmaji
01-16-2008, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=amonasro;980078]
NEWS FLASH: Running a national presidential campaign is [B]RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE

I agree that it is expensive, but Huckabee has a fraction of the cash we have and he is so much higher than us IN EVERY STATE. The campaign has zero tv. ads in florida. Rudy from what i have been hearing "has been saturating the airwaves"...I heard on CNN he spent 3 million on t.v. time there. Why didn't we spend 3 million on t.v. time ANYWHERE. What state is Ron planning on breaking out in. Did his campaign beliee that magically everyone was going to drop out and the entire nation love him on one magical day? Why do we have field offices in so many states instead of getting on t.v. and not dumpy talk radio. We could overwhelm one state. For some reason they decide against it.

He panders to evangelical dipshit sheeple.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-16-2008, 08:45 PM

gives us an idea i guess

Only adds up to 2.4585e+06 ~2.5 Million

pates03
01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=amonasro;980078]

true no tv ads but i have heard of plenty of radio ads though !

piotr1
01-16-2008, 08:47 PM
MATCHING FUNDS!!! is what we need.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-16-2008, 08:47 PM
So wait if that only adds up to $2.5 Million, where's the rest of the money?

NOLA
01-16-2008, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=NOLA;980184]

true no tv ads but i have heard of plenty of radio ads though !

no one takes radio ads seriously. They cause nothing so ppl take them with a grain of salt.

itshappening
01-16-2008, 09:10 PM

for a Quarter..

they're certainly overpaid :mad::mad:

seawolf
01-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Benton also said that they just opened three offices in Maine and an office in Louisana. He commented that the MLK Money Bomb, FreeatLast.com was January 21st.

If they took in $19.8 million in the 4th quarter and had $5.43 million in the bank to start the last quarter of 2007 ( a total of $25.23 million) they burned thru $17.23 million in the last three months of 2007 or about $5.73 million a month.

My guess is in January 2008 they will spend at least $6 million easy. Their $8 million cushion to start this 1st quarter will be gone fast unless we replenish the coffers in the next 2 weeks.

The http//:www.freeatlast2008.com[/url] MoneyBomb on January 21st will be critical to the very survival of this campaign.

Sey.Naci
01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
The MLK moneytrain commences in less than two hours.

itshappening
01-16-2008, 09:13 PM
sadly the coffers will not be replenished if folks think they underperforming. i get the impression they're a bunch of amateurs who have never run anything this big before

Thomas Paine
01-16-2008, 09:16 PM

for a Quarter..

Christ! I'm working in the wrong profession.

Cindy
01-16-2008, 09:17 PM
If it's true, stick a fork in us.

Especially after the MLK bomb does as poorly as it's shaping up to.

Go promote it people. Make more videos if you know how to, make flyers, put a link to it in your signature at other message board accounts, post about it at your meetup groups, on face book, and myspace pages.

Just for the f*ck of it, we should aim to blow away the old record just to show the world that we are a force to be reckoned with and that we will not back down and way, even if they black him out of the media.

Jodi
01-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Probably less than 5 million by now. That will dry up and shrivel soon without another big infusion.

300 paid staffers is way too many in my opinion. That's a huge amount of overhead eating up the money day after day. They have not justified their employment considering the voting results.

I have to agree with that.

ihsv
01-16-2008, 09:22 PM
sadly the coffers will not be replenished if folks think they underperforming. i get the impression they're a bunch of amateurs who have never run anything this big before

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Another thing that really hurts people's morale is the comparatively poor performance in IA and NH. MI wasn't as bad, but only because we beat Fred and Rudolph. Compared to pretty boy and the preacher, the votes Ron got weren't all that much. We need to do well in the next couple of primaries before Super Tuesday to really launch this thing!

Nothing succeeds like success. If we can do well in NV and wake people up to the fact that RP is "electable", I have a feeling a lot more people will jump on board. Americans have this weird idea that primaries are like horse races.

Nix
01-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Benton also said that they just opened three offices in Maine and an office in Louisana.

If they took in $19.8 million in the 4th quarter and had $5.43 million in the bank to start the last quarter of 2007 ( a total of $25.23 million) they burned thru $17.23 million in the last three months of 2007 or about $5.73 million a month.

ARE THEY BUILDING THE OFFICES!!! $17 MILLION DOLLARS IN THREE MONTHS, BARELY ANY TV ADS (broke rudy is spending millions in florida on ads???), NO PRODUCTION QUALITY AND STILL SINGLE DIGITS!!! AND BENTON HAS MADE $90,674.61!!!

*Calms down*

So long as they bought ad time for super tuesday and have paid for better ads in the works, this might not be as bad.

Brother Butch
01-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Only adds up to 2.4585e+06 ~2.5 Million

It's over a month old.

deedles
01-16-2008, 09:33 PM
It was on rprradio

I heard it too

What does 'no source in the OP' mean?

Naraku
01-16-2008, 09:39 PM
The infomercial probably cost quite a bit. However, I do agree this is probably money spent for some strategy they haven't revealed. Super Tuesday is where the big delegates are at, not these little dingly things beforehand. Having a bunch of nationwide ads bombarding the airwaves would go a long way to securing a victory on Super Tuesday, more than anything else.

So that's where I think some of this money is probably going.

Manganese
01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm part of Super Tuesday and I haven't heard a peep. It's like the blimp says! Who is Ron Paul?? O_o

AlexMerced
01-16-2008, 09:44 PM
lol, like I've said a billion time, I doubt Super Tuesday advertising would be on until after SC, anytime before would get lost in the clutter

Richandler
01-16-2008, 09:48 PM
lol, like I've said a billion time, I doubt Super Tuesday advertising would be on until after SC, anytime before would get lost in the clutter

Tell that to the democrats. I've seen there ads here in CA already.

LinuxUser269
01-16-2008, 09:52 PM
21st I am donating

slacker921
01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
... people.. a 50 state campaign is freaking expensive.
Howard Dean spent over $50,000,000 in 2004 (http://www.opensecrets.org/presidential/sourceall.asp?cycle=2004). They've paid for things we haven't seen yet (I hope..).

Grassroots did well with raising $20M, but that's a drop in the bucket. So get ready to donate on the 21st. Do something like sell junk on eBay to fill up your paypal tanks.

Menthol Patch
01-16-2008, 10:01 PM
The "Last Chance for Liberty" 5 day money train weekend begins at MIDNIGHT tonight EST!

A final opportunity for Ron Paul supporters to donate in order to change the course of this election and the future of this nation is upon us. This 5 day last chance fundraising event begins with the "Benjamins for Paul" PRIMARY SHOCKER on the 17th and ends with the MLK "Free at Last" money bomb on the 21st.

http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com/

http://www.freeatlast2008.com/

The goal of this effort is raise as much money as possible during this five day period. If we could raise a full ten million dollars it would be gigantic last minute boost to the Ron Paul campaign. This is an ALL INCLUSIVE event. Everyone is free to donate on any day they choose. Do you support the Ben Franklin or MLK money bombs? Feel free to donate on that day! Do you hate money bombs? Then donate on the 18th, 19th, or 20th! What really matters is that we raise as MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE during this five day period!

Why must we raise the money by the end of the 21st? The answer is simple. Any money collected AFTER the 21st may or may not be used for SUPER TUESDAY. The campaign needs money and they need it NOW!

Effectively campaigning in such a large number of states is VERY expensive. It's even more expensive when you consider the mainstream media gives hundreds of millions of dollars of free publicity to every other candidate except Ron Paul. This means we have to compete with candidates that have the support of the mainstream media. However, what they don't realize is that there are thousands and thousands of us and we are going to give the campaign the money to buy their own publicity!

The mainstream media want to silence Ron Paul's message. Lets make them SHAKE IN FEAR by giving Ron Paul so much money he can campaign effectively in EVERY single state!

Montpelerin
01-16-2008, 10:02 PM

I highly doubt he has 300 staff members.

robofx
01-16-2008, 10:15 PM
multiple state HQs
paying staffers
legal fees
grassroots coordinators
security
transportation, lodging

This one caught my eye:

Peters Cut Rate Liquor 258.75

:confused:

Dr.3D
01-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Sure would be nice if they told us how they are spending the money!
I for one would be very interested in a compilation of where the money went and is going.

I guess they can't do that though or the enemy might know what they are up to. :(

Malakai0
01-16-2008, 10:19 PM
The money was spent getting Ron Paul from 0-1% in the polls and no one knowing his name to coming in 4th nationwide in a 7man primary, beating media darlings rudy and fred. I know its trendy right now to be all emo about HQ, but I happen to disagree.

The fact Ron and the campaign did WHAT MOST SAID WAS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE with way less money than other campaigns is remarkable.

How about showing some respect for all their hard work instead of endlessly blaming them for not making top 3.
Ron is popular online but a whole mess of people get all their news from the msm and the papers, which are even worse sometimes. Getting 9-10% of them to break with generations of dogma and vote RP is an achievement worthy of some respect IMO. It was thanks to the grassroots making noise and getting attention, and HQ running the right type of ads for the right demographics in good places. They could have been better sure, but like they said they were never anticipating money to come in like that. They did great with the EXTREMELY short amount of time they had between money coming in and having to buy & produce ad's.

IRL supporters I know are not negative like this. It exists largely on this forum and in the MSM.

There are still RP signs all over my area of Tampa Bay, more now than ever before. That's the spirit IMO, like the giant sign on my window and my endless yapping about RP and economics.

blakjak
01-16-2008, 10:20 PM
multiple state HQs
paying staffers
legal fees
grassroots coordinators
security
transportation, lodging

It will not get any cheaper, either. Keep donating, the MLK moneybomb is going to be HUGE!

QFT!

RPSignbomb
01-16-2008, 10:24 PM
multiple state HQs
paying staffers
legal fees
grassroots coordinators
security
transportation, lodging

After reading 3 pages of moron thoughts... finally a voice of reason.

RPSignbomb
01-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Ron Paul and HQ just can't win with you idiots... If he had 20 million in the bank you'd be bitching he was not spending it. If he had 150 paid staffers you'd be bitching he didn't have enough staff. If he was taking the bus you'd be bitching he had enough money to take a jet.

HOW 'BOUT YOU SHUT UP AND LET THEM SPEND THE MONEY ... $8mm is serious bank!

Dr.3D
01-16-2008, 10:27 PM
No wonder only the rich run our country!

acroso
01-16-2008, 10:28 PM
That;s what donations are for...spending it.

We've gotten close to 10% in most states so far. I consider this a great success so far.

nc4rp
01-16-2008, 10:31 PM

UNCOMFIRMED AND PROBABLE HOAX

TexMac
01-16-2008, 10:35 PM
multiple state HQs
paying staffers
legal fees
grassroots coordinators
security
transportation, lodging

I would dispute this one:

In NY we had NO help whatsoever from the campaign - every bit of the project was done by a volunteer. I'd be willing to bet that was true in every state.

Dan D.
01-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Ron Paul and HQ just can't win with you idiots... If he had 20 million in the bank you'd be bitching he was not spending it. If he had 150 paid staffers you'd be bitching he didn't have enough staff. If he was taking the bus you'd be bitching he had enough money to take a jet.

HOW 'BOUT YOU SHUT UP AND LET THEM SPEND THE MONEY ... $8mm is serious bank!
What this guy said.

BTW, what does QFT stand for?

alexa doherty
01-16-2008, 10:45 PM
MATCHING FUNDS!!! is what we need.

Someone explain how this works please.

dante
01-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey guys please keep something in mind. The campaign has told us before that most t.v. and radio needs to be bought and paid for a month in advance.. at least if you don't want to pay exhorbitant last minute rates.
Thus a lot of the supposed 17 million they've purportedly burned through would have been to purchase the inundation of TV and radio we are seeing in NV and the radio ads that are currently running in 8 super tuesday states.
The Campaign has kept a tradition of spending the last quarters intake the following quarter. I would bet that the $5.4 million he had on hand Oct. 1st went to IA and NH.
Add in another $2 million for staff and Local HQ's popping up everywhere... and you have about $10 million that has gone to ad buys for NV, SC, and super tuesday states.
RELAX its not like the campaign is going Rudy, McCain, Romney style and spending $7-10 million per state.

blakjak
01-16-2008, 10:48 PM
What this guy said.

BTW, what does QFT stand for?

Quote For Truth

doomer
01-16-2008, 10:55 PM
WTF.... we are dying up here in ohio.... 88 delegates.. and no slim jims.. no signs.... nada

wer livin off woodchipsna sawdust!!

throw us a bone already!!

BarryDonegan
01-16-2008, 10:57 PM
yeah, all the TV ad expenses have to be done a good bit in advance.

cyrax
01-16-2008, 10:58 PM
WTF.... we are dying up here in ohio.... 88 delegates.. and no slim jims.. no signs.... nada

wer livin off woodchipsna sawdust!!

throw us a bone already!!

Our's isn't til March 4th, chill dude.

doomer
01-16-2008, 10:59 PM
so we should start handing out stuff the day before?

Xyrus2
01-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Hey guys please keep something in mind. The campaign has told us before that most t.v. and radio needs to be bought and paid for a month in advance.. at least if you don't want to pay exhorbitant last minute rates.
Thus a lot of the supposed 17 million they've purportedly burned through would have been to purchase the inundation of TV and radio we are seeing in NV and the radio ads that are currently running in 8 super tuesday states.
The Campaign has kept a tradition of spending the last quarters intake the following quarter. I would bet that the $5.4 million he had on hand Oct. 1st went to IA and NH.
Add in another $2 million for staff and Local HQ's popping up everywhere... and you have about $10 million that has gone to ad buys for NV, SC, and super tuesday states.
RELAX its not like the campaign is going Rudy, McCain, Romney style and spending $7-10 million per state.

Exactly. The networks and stations need to have lead time so they can set their schedules up. Coming in a month in advance allows them to move the schedule around and gets things ready to go. Showing up two days before you want air saying "This is the r0k0rzzzz!" is going to piss them off, or at least make them charge you buku bucks as they now have to reorder the schedule in order to squeeze you in.

Think of it like building a house and then right before it's done someone comes in and says "But I want the bathroom on the other side of the house."

My guess is that the ads (both radio and TV) were scheduled and paid for weeks ago. As we get closer to super Tuesday you should hear and see more.

I know we are the culture of "I want it my way and I want it now!", but campaigns don't and can't work with that mentality. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

~X~

cyrax
01-16-2008, 11:07 PM
so we should start handing out stuff the day before?
You suggested it, not me. :P

Avalon
01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
so we should start handing out stuff the day before? Why don't you go buy stuff like everyone else? Plenty of vendors for just about everything.

cien750hp
01-16-2008, 11:23 PM
maybe they should report having 320k currently
what they would have if the federal reserve and inflation never came about

stewie3128
01-16-2008, 11:33 PM

Better donate more soon.

That sounds right to me. It's expensive to run a campaign in many states. Throughout history, lots of candidates have hitched their wagon to the star of a single early primary state, spent all their money there in the hopes of winning it to generate buzz and funds for the rest of the campaign, only to come in toward the bottom and have their campaign end before it really got started.

HQ's approach is the opposite - run in lots of states, don't put all your eggs in a single basket. That costs quite a bit more in campaign infrastructure, to the tune of millions of dollars.

To those of you complaining that there are so many paid campaign staff: You can't win an election with only volunteers. If you want quality people, you need to pay them.

pinkmandy
01-16-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm sure most of it went to pay for Super Tuesday advertising. Damn...get mad that they won't spend it and now that they have everyone is upset. Give the doctor some credit- he is and has been gunning for Super Tuesday. That has been his plan. I assume he'd have to advertise to do well, right? In A LOT of states. Calm down.

TexMac
01-16-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm sure most of it went to pay for Super Tuesday advertising. I'm in a Super Tuesday state and we've been told that there will be NO advertising in NY. No offices or paid staff, either.

A lot of people seem to think there is some magic Super Tuesday plan and I just don't see where that idea comes from.

dante
01-16-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm in a Super Tuesday state and we've been told that there will be NO advertising in NY. No offices or paid staff, either.

A lot of people seem to think there is some magic Super Tuesday plan and I just don't see where that idea comes from.

I think the campaign is picking their battles carefully... and NY being Guiliani's back yard is not a battle to fight.

apc3161
01-17-2008, 12:21 AM

for a Quarter..

that's a $360,000 yearly salary."

Yea, whats up with that? He's doing a terrible job. Why are they paying him so much.

I haven't seen a single TV commercial on the air, in a newspaper, or on the radio. I'm keeping all my money supporting grassroots projects from now on.

I think they campaign is just blowing money. Remember when RP said, " we have all of this money and dont know how to spend it".

Well it seems now like they found a way to spend it, just not a way to spend it wisely.

The official campaign is a bunch of amateurs. Kent Snyder needs to resign.

Swmorgan77
01-17-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm part of Super Tuesday and I haven't heard a peep. It's like the blimp says! Who is Ron Paul?? O_o

Me either, but I'm in Utah and if you were going to write off any State (which we shouldn't) this would be the first one given the virtual guarantee of a Romney win.

Of course, we did manage to get Dr. Paul 2nd in the straw poll, and I would not be suprised at all to see him finish 2nd here.

amonasro
01-17-2008, 12:57 AM
I haven't seen a single TV commercial on the air, in a newspaper, or on the radio. I'm keeping all my money supporting grassroots projects from now on.

Are you in Miami? If so the campaign probably knows that Giuliani has been focusing on Florida. Just like NY, it would be a waste of money.

Move to an early primary state if you want to see ads :)

cien750hp
01-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Are you in Miami? If so the campaign probably knows that Giuliani has been focusing on Florida. Just like NY, it would be a waste of money.

Move to an early primary state if you want to see ads :)

here in colorado radio ads are airing pretty frequently. they started the day after new hampshire. hopefully we'll get tv ads after south carolina or something. i also hear about seeing homemade ron paul signs everywhere from lodo (lower downtown denver) to the ski resorts in the mountains

alien
01-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Yea, whats up with that? He's doing a terrible job. Why are they paying him so much.

I think they campaign is just blowing money. Remember when RP said, " we have all of this money and dont know how to spend it".

Well it seems now like they found a way to spend it, just not a way to spend it wisely.

The official campaign is a bunch of amateurs. Kent Snyder needs to resign.

Yep, I used to be excited about this campaign. Now with the vote fraud (which was proven but nothing done about it) and not hearing any concern about our first three losses. WTF do we even have a chance anymore? They are going to keep stealing votes from us if we don't stand up and do something. I think we would have a good chance if they did something about counting the votes honestly.

pacelli
01-17-2008, 01:17 AM

gives us an idea i guess

Whoa, so let me get this straight:

Benton, Jesse 15,252.25

That's $61,009 a year. Why in the hell aren't we on the AP daily media list yet?!

JohnnyWrath
01-17-2008, 01:27 AM
One 30 second ad during American Idol costs close to a million dollars....you guys really think 20 million is a lot to run for President of the United States on? It costs 100,000 just for a 30 second ad on the lame WB show 7th heaven...do we want prime time or 4AM ads??

Romney spent over 50 million before the 4th quarter even started, and Rudy spent over 30 million before the 4th quarter even started....who knows what they are up to now.....McCain spent almost 30 million before even starting the 4th quarter....the 20 million we have donated is NOT even close to enough yet to compete in 50 states....

Crickett
01-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Yeah, Romney started off with 100 million dollars! That is just SO much more than we had to try to campaign with. Anyway, we have to trust the campaign with money and we have to keep donating no matter what because WE are all they have! No special interest money! If there really is a billionaire, he could make a documentary and show it on TV, but he can't give more than the max to RP. It is still up to us. It reminds me of a hindu story:
A man came to the door of a holy man, and begged for some money for food. The holy man could see right away that this guy was a drunk, and could smell liquor on his breath. So the holy man said, "no, go away. Any money I would give to you would be spent on taking you futher away from God. I will not contribute to that" ..so the drunk left and the holy man's wife ran after him and gave him some money. The holy man said "Why did you do THAT? He will use the money to get drunk again!" The wife said "Dear, you made a mistake. When the man came and asked you for food, that was between you and God. What he did with it after you gave it to him, was between him and God".
So..dig deep, as we feel in our hearts, and hope and pray for the best.

DjLoTi
01-17-2008, 01:30 AM

Better donate more soon.

please clarify your statement. From my understanding he was not on RonPaulradio.com

I heard it was on ' ron paul revolution radio ' .com

pacelli
01-17-2008, 01:33 AM
For anyone wanting a source, here you go:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/expend.asp?id=N00005906&cycle=2008

andrewk78
01-17-2008, 01:37 AM
I have seen a couple of ads in MN. My wife always comes and gets me when they are on :P

JohnnyWrath
01-17-2008, 01:37 AM
By the way, for those of you who are new to this effort and maybe don't understand....we did raise great money in the 4th and last quarter of the year, but the first 75% of the year sucked and we were not even close to the top.

We were pretty happy we came through with 5 million for the 3rd quarter to put ourselves at a total of 8 million, but at the same time we reached that 8 million, Romney was already over 62 million....and we don't even know what he raised the 4th quarter yet...

The negativity is really starting to get old....leave if you don't want to support him anymore....that easy....leave this site...give up, but quit with the negative posts.

mikeInAZ
01-17-2008, 01:40 AM
One 30 second ad during American Idol costs close to a million dollars....you guys really think 20 million is a lot to run for President of the United States on? It costs 100,000 just for a 30 second ad on the lame WB show 7th heaven...do we want prime time or 4AM ads??

Romney spent over 50 million before the 4th quarter even started, and Rudy spent over 30 million before the 4th quarter even started....who knows what they are up to now.....McCain spent almost 30 million before even starting the 4th quarter....the 20 million we have donated is NOT even close to enough yet to compete in 50 states....

I thought I read Obama saying you need about 100M to make it to Super Tuesday. I could be mistaken but I swear I read that.

camped69
01-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Pissin' and moanin' is all I hear around here. How old are the peeps around here?

Look, the fix is obviously in. It's is going to take alot more than 20million to overcome the bias that surrounds Ron Paul and this country's freedom. It is going to take even more money and more time, not computer time mind you, but face time with potential voters. Freedom is not Free. So we can either pay now or pay later with our lives. It is at that point folks. So just shut yer yaps and man up! No offense ladies :D

emk
01-17-2008, 02:03 AM
House Says Paul Again Set to Return Thousands to Treasury

January 11, 2008

For immediate release

Washington, DC - The U.S. House of Representatives reports that Congressman Ron Paul has once again run his Congressional office in a frugal manner, and he will likely return tens of thousands of dollars to the Treasury once again this year. Preliminary estimates forwarded to Paul’s office indicate he has about $75,000 left in his account.

“Since my first year in Congress representing the 14th district I have managed my office in a frugal manner, instructing staff to provide the greatest possible service to the people of the 14th district at the least possible cost to taxpayers,” said Paul.

Paul’s Chief of Staff, Tom Lizardo, said “It is customary that several thousand dollars of expenditures are not calculated until after this year ends, but I am confident that tens of thousands will remain to be given back once the books finally close on 2007, just as Congressman Paul always instructs us to do.”

Lizardo said that the purchase of new equipment, staff changes and postal rate increases made it especially difficult to restrain spending this year. “Considering Congressman Paul’s efforts helped to land nearly $50,000,000 in appropriations for crucial projects in this part of Texas last year, we are most pleased that we were able to once again get the job done under budget.”

1town
01-17-2008, 02:24 AM
http://freeatlast2008.com/
God Almighty,