PDA

View Full Version : Good To See FairTax Wasting Ad Money

radmatty
01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
I have noticed that FairTax ads pop up here on RPForums, on Daily Paul and maybe on LewRockwell.com. These guys must have boatloads of money. The props they had for their event at the Iowa Straw Poll this summer were mega-spendy. It really seems like they're wasting money advertising to libertarians like Paul supporters who know that we need less tax (no income tax), not a different tax that brings in the same revenue. And especially not whole new class of taxation that would upset the constitutional balance and leave us with both a national sales tax and an income tax.

idrake
01-16-2008, 07:36 PM
I have noticed that FairTax ads pop up here on RPForums, on Daily Paul and maybe on LewRockwell.com. These guys must have boatloads of money. The props they had for their event at the Iowa Straw Poll this summer were mega-spendy. It really seems like they're wasting money advertising to libertarians like Paul supporters who know that we need less tax (no income tax), not a different tax that brings in the same revenue. And especially not whole new class of taxation that would upset the constitutional balance and leave us with both a national sales tax and an income tax.

I agree with you 100%, but I'll take a consumption tax over income tax any day.

Really, it does nothing for most people, but it would help me save money, since I spend so little of what I make.

qh4dotcom
01-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I'll also take a consumption tax over income tax any day....and getting a prebate check from the government every month as the Fairtax bill mandates would be nice too.