PDA

View Full Version : Free To A Good Home - RP TV Ad

frankdogg
01-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Grassroots -
Just wanted to let people know that this :30 TV ad I created is locked, cocked and ready to be aired anywhere. All rights are obtained for it, so, if any people want to get a PAC together an run it locally, it's Broadcast Ready to roll. To my knowledge, thus far, a couple of PACs used it in Iowa.

Youtube version is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8mMTa79Uzc

High Res Version for download:
http://ronpaulsource.com/rpfiles/RP_RonPaulis_VO2v2.mov

Thanks to ronpaulsource.com for hosting the high res version!

- Adam

N13
01-16-2008, 04:36 PM
I like that one.

itshappening
01-16-2008, 04:41 PM
always liked that one Frank!

xxxander
01-16-2008, 04:51 PM
fantastic ad

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
very nice frankdogg - where the chip in?

bcreps85
01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I like it!

angrydragon
01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Are these guys still operating? They can pick up the ad...

http://operationnh.com/about.html

New ad by Jeremiah Black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkc4xF_QSMk

Or these guys can pick it up...

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

RollOn2day
01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
This is a fantastic ad! Thanks frankdogg!

I think this is the best ad format yet. Here's why:

Ron Paul in the entire :30 second spot
(Essential to successfully lifting the media blackout)
Asks a question....then answers it
Clear, Concise graphics that support the message
Great use of catchy and hip 3-D animation that supports the message
Multi-Generational appeal
Multi-single issue voter appeal

Can you make 5 or so more just like this one that focuses on each issue...one at a time?
Now put those in rotation on your local cable insertion networks (CNN, USA, TNT, MSNBC etc)
and watch the awareness of Ron Paul go through the roof!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 05:23 PM
This is the single best ad I have ever seen for Ron.

Let's raise some money and run this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deedles
01-16-2008, 05:28 PM
We should sponsor this ad to run for a solid week in every state pre-primary. Who's next, Nevada? Who could start the chip-in for Nevada?

With what the MSM is doing, it's the only way... we have to get tv time, unfortunately... we have to reach the sleeping sheep.

I hope someone in Nevada starts a chip-in for this....

Cleaner44
01-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Very nice. We could start a chip-in for SC and then NV. Let's start doing this in order of the primaries.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 05:30 PM
We should find a state that is not winner take all, and try to raise enough to run this thing on TV.

deedles
01-16-2008, 05:30 PM
right... who can start the chip-in... maybe one of the PAC people? Lord Xar? Chris?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Let's decide on a state.

Maybe NV or California.

NeoRayden
01-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Run It On Faux! Oh Hell Yah! Faux 24/7 Coverage Of Ron Paul!

RollOn2day
01-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Bump

ihsv
01-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Dang... good one. With all their millions, why can't HQ come up with stuff like that?

BillyFromPhilly
01-16-2008, 06:08 PM
It's beautiful, bravo!

ronpaultag
01-16-2008, 06:09 PM
yea this is the kind of stuff that i hope the campaign can come up with some time soon. the current ads pale in comparison to stuff like this.

frankdogg
01-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I love RP supporters b/c we have a passionate "let's get it done" attitude, as showcased in this thread. That's awesome.

I don't think that there is time to get a PAC together to run it in SC or NV, but all of the Super Tues. states still have plenty of time. I live in So. California, and the response to Paul here has been well received. CA is definitely a place where Paul could gain some much needed ground/delegates.

As for HQ, I offered this one and my Fortunate Son Ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc (rights for the song would cost a bit) to them, as well as my services for free for anything they came up with, but I never got a response. I'm guessing they want to keep it in house and pursue their own strategies with their official ads.

My career is in advertising for Feature Films, Television Shows and some product campaigns, so I have a pretty good gauge of what works when marketing on TV. And although my ads aren't "the norm" when it comes to political ads, we are bombarded on TV with slick advertisements for everything else.. and as long as it is presenting a clear, concise message, I feel like it can give some professionalism and boost to RP's image. In a nutshell, I believe his message stands out and shines above the others, so why shouldn't his marketing do the same?

If we could get it on CNN nationally during the Reagan Library debate Jan. 30th, that may reach the best audience that are probably coming out on Super Tues. to vote. And it may work really well, hand in hand, with what Ron is saying during the debate. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for the responses!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Where in so cal are you?

Maybe we could check the polling data to see where RP has the best chance in this state, and run your ad on local TV. I imagine the Bay Area, OC, and SD might be ripe, but who knows, there might be some other areas where Ron is particularly strong.

The HQ would have the best internal polling data for this type of decision.

Laja
01-16-2008, 06:50 PM
awesome! i'm trying to put together a fund from some affluent RP supporters in my area to run ads in the local paper. putting a commercial on local tv is also now an option, thanks to you.

You rock, frankdogg! thanks so much.

cheese
01-16-2008, 06:56 PM
damn, is this your day job? (media?) if not it should be.

ASayre
01-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Amazing.

OKRonPaul
01-16-2008, 07:08 PM
both ads should be everwhere. The fortunate son one is great, and has a sort of google ron paul bite to it, just enough info to make folks look for more info.

Cimbri
01-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Let's see how much it will cost to run this in the Florida TV markets then get a Chip-In started as soon as possible. We need to saturate FL with the Ron Paul message in order to compete on Super Tuesday.

frankdogg
01-16-2008, 07:31 PM
damn, is this your day job? (media?) if not it should be.

It is the day job.. and sometimes long into the night job.. :eek:

yongrel
01-16-2008, 07:33 PM
that ad kicks so much ass

RonPaulJunkie
01-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Very nice! I will chipin for this!

frankdogg
01-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Where in so cal are you?

Maybe we could check the polling data to see where RP has the best chance in this state, and run your ad on local TV. I imagine the Bay Area, OC, and SD might be ripe, but who knows, there might be some other areas where Ron is particularly strong.

The HQ would have the best internal polling data for this type of decision.

I'm in LA... I would love to know what the polling data is for this area. I talk with a lot of people at work about Dr. Paul, and it is interesting to hear their take on him. Hollywood (where I work) is primarily liberal, but a lot of people are actually quite fond of him once they get past the Republican part. There are a few people that I know who have switched party affiliation to vote for him in the primaries b/c although they don't agree with his ideas for the role of government fiscally, but they do believe he is the only candidate running who will get us out of Iraq and change the foreign policy pronto, and he is a straight shooter who is actually intelligent, so that draws them to him as well. I actually have better luck getting pretty hardcore liberals to embrace him here in LA than my conservative friends/family back in Virginia and Tennessee. (Where I grew up and where I went to college).

As for a PAC, I don't have any experience in getting a chip in together.. so to get this to take off, I think we need to find those who have experience on that end. Anybody out there want to help get this organized?

tastynaan
01-16-2008, 08:01 PM
I love this ad!

HazardPerry
01-16-2008, 08:09 PM
You are the man, frankdogg -- I've always thought you were one of the most talented people in the grassroots. I wish HQ would take these ads but if they won't then we have to get them on the air ourselves. I'll put up what I have, they're worth it and then some.

whutaboutbob
01-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Outstanding sir!

:cool:

Lord Xar
01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
frankdog,

why don't you initiate and promote this video to run in a state or two for the primaries.. preferably feb 5th?

I think alot of people would jump on board.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm in LA... I would love to know what the polling data is for this area. I talk with a lot of people at work about Dr. Paul, and it is interesting to hear their take on him. Hollywood (where I work) is primarily liberal, but a lot of people are actually quite fond of him once they get past the Republican part. There are a few people that I know who have switched party affiliation to vote for him in the primaries b/c although they don't agree with his ideas for the role of government fiscally, but they do believe he is the only candidate running who will get us out of Iraq and change the foreign policy pronto, and he is a straight shooter who is actually intelligent, so that draws them to him as well. I actually have better luck getting pretty hardcore liberals to embrace him here in LA than my conservative friends/family back in Virginia and Tennessee. (Where I grew up and where I went to college).

As for a PAC, I don't have any experience in getting a chip in together.. so to get this to take off, I think we need to find those who have experience on that end. Anybody out there want to help get this organized?

So we need two things:

1. Polling data telling us where RP has the best chance for success in California.

2. Someone well known and reputable with a PAC we can use.

ASayre
01-17-2008, 12:22 AM

Frankdogg,

Are you able to clip together the high quality version but with a disclaimer for the PAC we use?

The disclaimer has to be on screen for 4 seconds and there needs to be a voiceover too. I should say something like

"Restore Our American Rights paid for and is responsible for the message. Not authorized by any
candidate or candidate's committee."

It's the Restore our american rights' PAC. They're based in Santa Maria and have been running ads there, and we're working with them to run ads (hopefully yours) in Santa Barbara.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 12:29 AM
bump

UnitedWeStand
01-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Perhaps Creedance Clearwater revival could be asked to donate the usage of the song to us?

Opulen
01-17-2008, 12:44 AM
Need to run this ASAP IMHO.

ForLibertyFight
01-17-2008, 12:50 AM
run this ad in california

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 12:52 AM
run this ad in california

We need polling data suggesting which city/county would be the best investment. Can anyone find legitimate, recent, detailed polling data on California that lists where Ron is strong and weak?

Lord Xar
01-17-2008, 01:03 AM
I would urge this ad to be used for NY and CALI, asap.

Frank, I can run under my PAC - I would also contact AdamT, or Skiingf too and also probably the ones Jerimiah black are going under.. we all have to work together.

But, I am always of the feeling you should always retain what power you can - so I would urge you to get your own PAC - as long as you monitor the paper trail, have a bank account and a paypal etc.. you are good to go. Just file the FEC docs and in two days bammmmm.. you have a PAC. Of course, there are particulars - but I just want to let you know its not the 'boogyman' and actually very easy.

Frank -- this is your baby. Take ownership and captain this ship. Seriously -- talk to me and I'll help, but there are others here who are a little more savvy with the tv environment (see above).. contact everyone and lets get this ball rolling. We can't wait another day...

Find your state
Find your market/demographic/city

and get this going... trust me, you will be very happy with what you accomplish.

jrich4rpaul
01-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Wow.

Run it, now.

Opulen
01-17-2008, 01:14 AM
Go for it Frank!!

TaiwanGuy
01-17-2008, 02:04 AM
are you using final cut studio?

emk
01-17-2008, 02:10 AM
Please run this ad! This is what we need! (Reminds me of McCain's good ad in Michigan.) Where can I chip in?

noiseordinance
01-17-2008, 02:21 AM
I agree about attempting to get permission to use the Credence song, by the way. Song recognition has a very powerful affect on people. How do we go about doing this?

humanic
01-17-2008, 02:34 AM
frankdogg--

The new ad is unbelievable. I saw your other ad a while back and Ive regarded it as the best RP ad until I saw this one. Absolutely right on.

The CCR song is perfect for the first ad... who has the the know-how to secure permission? Both of these ads need to air ASAP everywhere possible.

InLoveWithRon
01-17-2008, 03:53 AM
Why doesn't the campaign just take this ad and run it everywhere?

I don't get it why they dont

humanic
01-17-2008, 04:38 AM
bump

liberteebell
01-17-2008, 04:51 AM
Good stuff!

Dan Klaus
01-17-2008, 05:21 AM
frankdog,

why don't you initiate and promote this video to run in a state or two for the primaries.. preferably feb 5th?

I think alot of people would jump on board.

I would jump on board...nice ad Frank...thanks for that...

RollOn2day
01-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Back on the round table this morning!

We don't need the CCR song if that would entail to much money or loss of time securing the rights. The second commercial (1st?) is strong enough to stand on it's own with some catchy and licensed music...even if it is not CCR.

Run these in your local cable tv markets on CNN, MSNBC, TNT, USA, ESPN etc.

Folks we need to do this ourselves. Now call up or go down to your local cable tv office, ask them for a rate card for political advertising and get the ball rolling in your hometown.

I got the rate card here on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi and it will cost us between $3 and $7 per :30 second spot! This is the single most cost effective advertising that we can do as grassroots to pave the way for the canvassers and meetups to "Seal the Deal".

I use to sell cable tv advertising and help with the creative so I am very aware as to the demographics and penetration of cable tv as well as the relative cost of this form of advertisiing compared to paper, direct mail, radio, billboards etc.

We now have the most expensive part of the proposition.....the commercial itself. These are excellent as well as the ones promoted by :http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

I do feel the ones on this site are the best as I have outlined in a previous post but you need to have a couple of different ones in rotation for best results.

Put all these ads in rotation in your local market. Forget HQ doing this or doing that.....
YOU DO IT! and take control of your own market.

BillyFromPhilly
01-17-2008, 08:57 AM
bump for the fact that I just like watching the ad!

RollOn2day
01-17-2008, 09:38 AM
bump for the fact that I just like watching the ad!

Me too!

RollOn2day
01-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Frankdogg,

Are you able to clip together the high quality version but with a disclaimer for the PAC we use?.

I was wondering about this myself.

So can we get it tagged?

RollOn2day
01-17-2008, 10:56 AM
This is a fantastic ad! Thanks frankdogg!

I think this is the best ad format yet. Here's why:

Ron Paul in the entire :30 second spot
(Essential to successfully lifting the media blackout)
Asks a question....then answers it
Clear, Concise graphics that support the message
Great use of catchy and hip 3-D animation that supports the message
Multi-Generational appeal
Multi-single issue voter appeal

Can you make 5 or so more just like this one that focuses on each issue...one at a time?
Now put those in rotation on your local cable insertion networks (CNN, USA, TNT, MSNBC etc)
and watch the awareness of Ron Paul go through the roof!

Useful bump!

frankdogg
01-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Lovin' the feedback and the possibilities that we have. LET'S TAKE OVER THE AIRWAVES UNTIL FEB 5.

As much as I would love to do a PAC myself, I really don't have the time to. (Working an average of 14 hour days). But, I will do anything else I can to help those who want to run it, and help get the word out.

Also, I CAN put in any PAC info you guys need. Whoever does decide to do the PAC for their area/start a chipin, let me know and I will host the info on my youtube site and around the forums.

Here is what the PAC info looked like at the end for one of the Iowa runs... I'll just match that with whatever info you guys need.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2040/2200174674_04c28bde69_o.png

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 12:11 PM
I think San Diego might be a good place to run this. A lot of military people there.

dementedme
01-17-2008, 12:25 PM
this is awsome!

are there any donation pages for any of the super tuesday states to get this ad run in?

if so... let me know, ill pitch in towards gettin this ad run in any super tuesday state!

frankdogg
01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Back on the round table this morning!

We don't need the CCR song if that would entail to much money or loss of time securing the rights. The second commercial (1st?) is strong enough to stand on it's own with some catchy and licensed music...even if it is not CCR.

Run these in your local cable tv markets on CNN, MSNBC, TNT, USA, ESPN etc.

Folks we need to do this ourselves. Now call up or go down to your local cable tv office, ask them for a rate card for political advertising and get the ball rolling in your hometown.

I got the rate card here on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi and it will cost us between $3 and $7 per :30 second spot! This is the single most cost effective advertising that we can do as grassroots to pave the way for the canvassers and meetups to "Seal the Deal".

I use to sell cable tv advertising and help with the creative so I am very aware as to the demographics and penetration of cable tv as well as the relative cost of this form of advertisiing compared to paper, direct mail, radio, billboards etc.

We now have the most expensive part of the proposition.....the commercial itself. These are excellent as well as the ones promoted by :http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

I do feel the ones on this site are the best as I have outlined in a previous post but you need to have a couple of different ones in rotation for best results.

Put all these ads in rotation in your local market. Forget HQ doing this or doing that.....
YOU DO IT! and take control of your own market.

Great advice! And you are right about the expensive part. My company usually charges around $25,000-$100,000 for production of this type of ad.

As you guys find out how much it costs to run in your neighborhoods, post it up here. Also, If someone who has extensive knowledge of how easy it is to set up a PAC or a link to how to do it, throw it up here too.

I think this is a great way to get some real results that translate to votes out in society where 90% of the older voters are (That we desperately need) and away from the web.

If we are serious about one last big push by the grassroots for all of these ads in our areas, we need people to step up and we need to do it now... only 2 weeks and 5 days till Super Tuesday.

ASayre
01-17-2008, 02:32 PM
http://asayre.com/Rate%20Card_Local.ppt

Here are the rates for the Santa Barbara Area.

We want to try and run this ad on Fox Evenings, CNBC Mornings, and various times on golf and history channel funding permitting.

We're working with a PAC to see if we can go through them, but if there's one on here who's willing to let us use it, that'd be fine as well, and I can try to get the SB Meetup members to donate.

Thanks,
Andre Sayre

Mark
01-17-2008, 03:02 PM
me like!

ASayre
01-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Here is the Chip-in for Santa Barbara Ads:

http://santabarbara.chipin.com/santa-barbara-ron-paul-ads

Please donate what you can to get these on the air!

frankdogg
01-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks Andre!

Can we sticky this to get it rolling in Santa Barbara & elsewhere?

ASayre
01-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Yar! Let's get some donations to get this thing on the tube! :D

RonPaul3008
01-17-2008, 05:21 PM
that tv add is sweet

wowabunga
01-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey those "fan ads" of yours are some of the best graphical advertisements I've ever laid my eyes on... pat yourself on the back....!

This new ad seems to be missing something: sorta like when I look at my local crop of new politicians here in town I say to myself; "hey they appear to have a full six pack yes, but they seem to lack that plastic thingie that holds them together. Visually I want a neat and tuck "graphical powerhouse theme" like you pulled off with the fan ads.

I did ever so much like the photo shot of Ron Paul from the back looking out over the crowds... looks very presidential. The graphics on the dark night sky also worked nicely.

wowabunga
01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
As for HQ, I offered this one and my Fortunate Son Ad to them, as well as my services for free for anything they came up with, but I never got a response.

After that loss in New Hampshire (yea Rudy even beat us) the Jeep was gassed up and all that stood between me and Arlington HQ was a nice 2 hour drive. A quick visit to Google that night showed me there there was no media arm at campaign HQ for me to visit and give my inspirational 2 cents worth. As far as I can tell HQ does retain a respected media consultant.... here's a list of all the hired staff at HQ....

http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2008/paul/paulorg.html

Having worked in the ad industry, and having had my revolution boots held to the fire already..... I've written a gem of a advertisement and am hoping to find someone in HQ who might give the idea a good look. For the moment I plan to do a flash version of the ad and post it on youtube and take all the feedback I can get.

No More Lip Service
-Ramblin Randy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z8C1kEEKo4

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 08:41 PM
I hope if the blimp gets grounded that some of the funds might be shifted to run this ad.

PaultheSaint
01-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Great Ad!

My fav is still the CCR one :cool:

RollOn2day
01-18-2008, 08:16 AM
http://asayre.com/Rate%20Card_Local.ppt

Here are the rates for the Santa Barbara Area.

We want to try and run this ad on Fox Evenings, CNBC Mornings, and various times on golf and history channel funding permitting.

We're working with a PAC to see if we can go through them, but if there's one on here who's willing to let us use it, that'd be fine as well, and I can try to get the SB Meetup members to donate.

Thanks,
Andre Sayre

Excellent! Now this is what we need! Everybody start posting your rate cards and what channels you intend on running the ads.

Suggestion:
Based on dollars available try to blitz the cable tv viewer by placing ads ACROSS the available channels that are appropriate CNN, MSNBC, USA, TNT....and some that you might not even find appropriate Food Network, VH1, MTV etc then place 10 to run per day on each of these channels.

This is what happens: If you have 10 channels that have 10 spots running throughout the day randomly....anyone watching those channels WILL see the commercial. But even more powerful is that even the people who DON"T watch those channels have a high possiblity of running into the commercial while they are flipping through the channels.

If you can generate enough money at your local meetup to sustain this for 10 days prior to the primary or general (I'm a believer!) then:

Canvass, Canvass, Canvass to get more info (slim jims, dvd's articles, etc) to the voter. 70% of your community would have seen these ads and be familiar with Ron Pauls name , thus letting you expound on his stand on the issues instead of wasting time just getting them to know that there is a man named Ron Paul running for president.

This is powerful stuff folks! We need a sticky on this where we can all post our efforts and successes with this.

RollOn2day
01-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Grassroots TV ad bump!

frankdogg
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
bump to get this aired in super tuesday states... maybe a sticky? :)

tangent4ronpaul
01-18-2008, 12:20 PM
It wasn't that bad, and I generally like the ads the grassroots have come up with, however there are several things that give me pause with this one:

he seems disassociated from the people in all the pictures - in one, it seems like he's in the clouds "head in the clouds" - not a good impression.

all the words about his background are up there too fast and too briefly to take it all in. The scene with a bunch of stuff about his background - not the voice over or one point at a time - that was good.

His head spinning at the end. Doctor + spin = "spin doctor" - not a good impression.

I'm just trying to think like someone that knows nothing about him and the impression via presentation as opposed to content that leaves with people. Maybe I'm being hyper critical, but I'm not sure about this one...

btw: probably my fav ad is the ones with the fans - quick, clear, to the point - and I think they are only 15 seconds each.

-n

frankdogg
01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
It wasn't that bad, and I generally like the ads the grassroots have come up with, however there are several things that give me pause with this one:

he seems disassociated from the people in all the pictures - in one, it seems like he's in the clouds "head in the clouds" - not a good impression.

all the words about his background are up there too fast and too briefly to take it all in. The scene with a bunch of stuff about his background - not the voice over or one point at a time - that was good.

His head spinning at the end. Doctor + spin = "spin doctor" - not a good impression.

I'm just trying to think like someone that knows nothing about him and the impression via presentation as opposed to content that leaves with people. Maybe I'm being hyper critical, but I'm not sure about this one...

btw: probably my fav ad is the ones with the fans - quick, clear, to the point - and I think they are only 15 seconds each.

-n

I appreciate the feedback. I have to admit, I never read into it that deeply, and I honestly doubt any viewer would as well when watching it once on television. IMHO.

Thanks for the critique though, I love seeing things from new angles.

tangent4ronpaul
01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
I appreciate the feedback. I have to admit, I never read into it that deeply, and I honestly doubt any viewer would as well when watching it once on television. IMHO.

Thanks for the critique though, I love seeing things from new angles.

The problem isn't what people would think about it if they really thought about it - it's the subconscious impression they get from it without thinking about it.

Have you tried the clip with a test audience - people that are not RP supporters?

-n

frankdogg
01-18-2008, 03:50 PM
I ran a test of it here at work with 10 of my industry professional peers (still not an average viewer, so please take their critique for what it's worth) None of the ten were Ron Paul supporters and only 2 had ever heard of him. Here's the feedback I got:

Collectively, their initial reactions were totally drawn toward the text (his stances on issues) and the voice over's copy.
They felt like the animation did a great job at pacing the user's eyes into the next talking point, that the transitions kept it interesting and led the viewer to continue watching, and that the shot of him with the multiple points invoked a positive emotion of leadership, etc. They felt overall that it was extremely clear and concise presentation of this candidate, and made 4 of them go to his site to further see what he was about.

The negative feedback I got from them was RP's stance on cutting spending (b/c they don't believe the government's role should be less but more) and also that this commercial doesn't fit the usual mold of a political ad, so it might scare long time voters, ages 55+ because it is "approached differently". 3 said they would choose a different song that is more upbeat and less inspirational.

Unless someone catches the OBGYN in the list of things at the end, the average person who "knows nothing about him" wouldn't even realize he is a doctor from this ad, so the spin doctor thing I don't think applies, personally. As for the "head in the clouds", I didn't get a response towards that from my test group, but they saw the higher res version. I can see how the shot with the birds could come off as being in the clouds on the low res Youtube version. As for being disassociated from the people, at one point in time I did have the crowd in the shots, but it took away from the viewer's eyes focusing on the text, and more on the busy images in the background. Only place where I felt the crowd worked was the final shot with the multiple things going on.

Once again, thank you for the critique, it always helps in strengthening my work. Regardless of what commercial people attach themselves and their PACs too, I think we are all agreed that we need to get as much exposure on the air in the next two weeks to help our chances on Super Tues.

Thanks to those who have already contacted me to get their PACs this commercial with their PAC info at the bottom, and anybody else who wants it, please don't hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to hopefully turning some heads and getting this man nominated on Feb 5th! :D
-Adam

tangent4ronpaul
01-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Hay - if it works, USE IT!

-n

ASayre
01-18-2008, 04:26 PM

Noone's chipped in yet! :(

RollOn2day
01-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Good critiques. All in all, this is the best of the video ads available to the grassroots.

As with all ads, some will appeal to certain demographics while not appealing to other demographics. However, there is nothing in these ads that should be OFFENSIVE to anyone.
Well done!

This format is hip and catchy so, naturally, it will appeal to a younger <60 demographic.
The trick is to run other ads also that would appeal to other demographics such as the ads at:http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

oh yeah....bump!

angrydragon
01-18-2008, 04:38 PM

Donated!

Chip-in sucks, doesn't update real quick.

ASayre
01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Donated!

Chip-in sucks, doesn't update real quick.

Thank you! :D

frankdogg
01-18-2008, 05:02 PM

Bump for the chipin! Let's make it happen!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-18-2008, 05:26 PM
bump

angrydragon
01-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Update your op Frank, add the chipin link.

frankdogg
01-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks angrydragon, I think I did it right... I'm good with 3d, editing and motion graphics, but not the most knowledgeable with forums. :o

Thanks to those who have chipped in thus far!

tangent4ronpaul
01-18-2008, 09:37 PM
However, there is nothing in these ads that should be OFFENSIVE to anyone.
Well done!

This format is hip and catchy so, naturally, it will appeal to a younger <60 demographic.
The trick is to run other ads also that would appeal to other demographics such as the ads at:http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

oh yeah....bump!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WEf9Jj-gkf8

While controversial, and edgy - I'd like to see this ad on every college campus. Perhaps minus the one frame of the kid with a sign reading: "God hates America".

Another thing I'd like to see is a flier, that didn't come together before, looking like a dollar bill on one side with instead of a pic of a dead president, a pic of a drill Sargent pointing his finger in YOUR face and a caption of "Only you can prevent a military draft!" On the back, the current mandatory draft law in Congress (ref/link) and Dr. Paul's brag sheet and some of his issues.

That would go a HUGE WAY to winning the student vote!

-n

ASayre
01-19-2008, 10:26 PM

Bump for ad airing in Santa Barbara! We've only got a couple minutes of total airtime, spread over multiple channels and days.

Help out Ron Paul in SB! Info from the the local GOP is receptive (was at a gop luncheon today), if we can get the word out!

ASayre
01-21-2008, 12:53 AM

If you're maxed out and can't donate to the official campaign on MLK day, you can still donate to this!

Today was the best day we've had on State St. Dozens of people registering, Many liking his message who are registered republicans, and hundreds of people all getting Ron Paul fliers, and buttons and stickers!

Help us win Santa Barbara and the 23rd District!

frankdogg
01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Bump for any more chipins out there to get this ad rolling this week...

literatim
01-21-2008, 07:57 PM
It is best to front load any ad purchases for the week before the primary or caucus.