PDA

View Full Version : Can/Should we push to get RP on the 700 club....hear me out

Dave Wood
01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Pat Robertson, as crazy as he seems, is a businessman who has said only good things about RP.

His audience is evangelical/older demographic...probably concerned about the economy as much or more than they like fighting Islmo-fascists "over there"

Pat has endorsed Giuliani and Ron is thumping him.

Ron could stay with his principled "I dont like wearing my religion on my sleeve and find it distasteful during election season". He could simply state that he is indeed an American who practices Christianity and always has.

The appearance would allow him to explain the benefits of states rights, his views on the core causes of the economic problems and how he would fix them, social security, why he believes we will be safer if we leave the middle east and why Israel would be much stronger without being meddled with.

This audience could then compare that with their chosen son "Huck" and see that Ron is the pioneer and Huck is an actor.

Please dont flame me bro......we have to reach the older voters somehow. What think ye?

JimInNY
01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!!

:)

No, really, it never hurts to try. Go for it!

Dave Wood
01-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Jimmy....do you think it would do what we want it to though. I dont want to waste any of his time. We have to get to the elders.....they vote in the primaries.

RonRules
01-16-2008, 04:50 PM
I never though I would say that, but please: Let's have my candidate on the 700 club!

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 04:53 PM
+700!

hillertexas
01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Any press is good press

fmontez
01-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Sure! Get Ron Pauls name out everywhere. With is Pro-life, smart economics.. Paul could mop up on the 700 club.. as long as he coaches his Iraq war speech in a Pro American way.

Xonox
01-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Wyurm
01-16-2008, 05:00 PM
I think this would be a good thing.

JimInNY
01-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Jimmy....do you think it would do what we want it to though. I dont want to waste any of his time. We have to get to the elders.....they vote in the primaries.

When people hear Ron Paul, they like him, plain an simple. Any audience we can find for him is a good audience.

OK, maybe not all of the people will respond, but even in the most hostile audience, RP will make some friends.

Kotin
01-16-2008, 05:08 PM
lets get to emailing robertson

fedup100
01-16-2008, 05:09 PM
There are three things that would make a huge difference in Paul's numbers:

1. A nationwide infomercial.

2. Appear on the 700 club and any other Christian based large audiance forum.

3 Advertise in the largest magazine in the world, AARP. Every person over 55 gets this thing and then it is lain out in every Doctors Office for years.

mudburn
01-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Aren't the viewers of the 700 club mostly older? If my impression is correct, this would target some of the demographics that we need. Advertising in the AARP also sounds good.

dp

Grandson of Liberty
01-16-2008, 05:15 PM
bump for good ideaness. :)

ValidusCustodiae
01-16-2008, 05:21 PM
This is a GREAT IDEA! You just don't realize how big of a following Pat Robertson has in the bible belt. Ron Paul could talk about how he supports parental rights and homeschooling, is pro-gun, and has consistently voted against the runaway spending. Ron could help make his case to Patty on treating Israel in an adult fashion.

JimInNY
01-16-2008, 05:22 PM
ads targetting our elders should focus on RP's plan for SAVING S.S. and the other guys' pilfering of same.

amy31416
01-16-2008, 05:23 PM
I never though I would say that, but please: Let's have my candidate on the 700 club!

Heh, same here.

Yeah! The 700 Club would be GREAT publicity for him amongst the older generations!

Also never thought I'd support someone who Pat Robertson supports, crazy times, people, crazy times.

JimInNY
01-16-2008, 05:26 PM
This is a GREAT IDEA! You just don't realize how big of a following Pat Robertson has in the bible belt. Ron Paul could talk about how he supports parental rights and homeschooling, is pro-gun, and has consistently voted against the runaway spending. Ron could help make his case to Patty on treating Israel in an adult fashion.

Let's not forget that Ron Paul probably believes in the simple wording of the first amendment, that CONGRESS shall enact no law... No where in there does it say that towns and cities can't allow prayer or the celebrating Christmas in their halls, parks, schools, etc.

Cleaner44
01-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Ron Paul needs as much press as he can get. Too many people still don't know about him.

amy31416
01-16-2008, 05:38 PM
lets get to emailing robertson

Agreed.

Here's the link to contact the 700 Club and "ask Pat Robertson a question" http://www.cbn.com/contact/feedback-700club.aspx

I couldn't find a way to email on patrobertson.com.

thegr8drronpaul
01-16-2008, 05:46 PM
great suggestion. I'm emailing away ...

Dave Wood
01-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Does anyone have Robertsons e-mail?

All I can find is generic stuff, he is treated like a celebrity (guarded).

Here is the generic link:

http://www.cbn.com/contact/feedback.aspx?WT.svl=TopMenu

I am thinking it might be good to contact Brody first, since he has written so many good pieces on Paul.

If anyone has a direct link to Robertson....please post.

Where is Mark when we need him??

Dave Wood
01-16-2008, 06:18 PM
c`mon people who can get Robertson`s e-mail??? Where are our Christian bretheren here?

Should we mail Dave Brody first?

gb13
01-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Good idea.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Try it...

Brother Butch
01-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Pat Robertson, as crazy as he seems, is a businessman who has said only good things about RP.

His audience is evangelical/older demographic...probably concerned about the economy as much or more than they like fighting Islmo-fascists "over there"

Pat has endorsed Giuliani and Ron is thumping him.

Ron could stay with his principled "I dont like wearing my religion on my sleeve and find it distasteful during election season". He could simply state that he is indeed an American who practices Christianity and always has.

The appearance would allow him to explain the benefits of states rights, his views on the core causes of the economic problems and how he would fix them, social security, why he believes we will be safer if we leave the middle east and why Israel would be much stronger without being meddled with.

This audience could then compare that with their chosen son "Huck" and see that Ron is the pioneer and Huck is an actor.

Please dont flame me bro......we have to reach the older voters somehow. What think ye?

Good idea actually. He'd have to bone up on his blandest response to questions about aid to Israel. But it opens the door to a common sense political discussion and through it, the evangelicals will be introduced to the most humble and best example of christian value that is running for office. He's all inclusive.