PDA

View Full Version : TV Commercials lacking the details

The Only Woj
01-16-2008, 03:54 PM
What's with the campaign's television ads? They're all lacking in detail. The troops support Ron Paul ... why? The immigration ad had detail. But, otherwise, none of the ads give any reason why Ron Paul is right and the others wrong. Why not just have Ron, for 30 seconds, give a quick rundown of "why" on a number of his positions? The reason we've gotten behind Paul is because we've heard the reasons behind his policies. These ads don't get those reasons out.

This is why the radio ads seem so much better. Content-oriented.

There's a couple things I learned in college. One was the information is more important than the presentation. You can't let it be diluted by unneccesary imagery. Just have Ron Paul sit in front of the camera and tell the truth for 30 seconds. That's all you need.

Sey.Naci
01-16-2008, 04:22 PM
There's a couple things I learned in college. One was the information is more important than the presentation. You can't let it be diluted by unneccesary imagery. Just have Ron Paul sit in front of the camera and tell the truth for 30 seconds. That's all you need.Then you were taught wrong, which is no surprise given the state of America's educational institutions these days. Sad to say people are less influenced by truth, facts, and logic - all those messy details - than music and imagery. Imagery matters and evokes more emotional response. Watch the video from the OP in this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87806&highlight=manipulation) for a quick course on political marketing.

Given the findings of those three professionals, this Ron Paul ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC6T2WTVN3Y) would be the campaign's best so far; compare it to the Reagan Morning in America ad which Luntz mentions in the video.

dmspilot00
01-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Interesting point. I agree that the radio ads were better, but they only have half the time for the TV ads (30 seconds instead of 60). I do think the "60 minutes" style ads that they used when they first started could work. They seem to have abandoned that format though. I think they need both types of ads, fluffy pretty ads and substantive informative ads.

fireworks_god
01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Exactly. Everyone is in agreement on this. Post this in the Campaign Suggestion Box forum and also in the stickied thread on the top of this forum entitled "Post productive feedback for the campaign here", or something to that effect. :)